MERGED: Y. Bell Signs with Jets | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Y. Bell Signs with Jets

3. Does Bell address the coverage issues at safety? No way. Bell, 34, wasn't known for his pass coverage when he was young, and he's certainly not going to excel now that he's at the end of his career. An opposing personnel executive described Bell this way: "They, in essence, have the same guy (in Landry). They're two strong safeties. (Bell) is a good run supporter, but somewhat of a liability on the back end. He'll have trouble against (Rob) Gronkowski and (Aaron) Hernandez . ,.. I don't see where the Jets have upgraded in coverage at safety. The run support is good, but they added two strong safeties and Eric Smith hasn't changed."
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/12509/bell-doesnt-toll-for-leonhard

Sucks to hear about this, Yeremiah was one of my favorite players while he was here, and had a jersey of his.

Even though I still liked Bell while he was here I hope that he will be the one covering our TEs lol.

Still a decent depth player but he's getting on now. He was cut because his contract was way exceeding what he was able to offer our team.

I'd like to know if Miami offered him a reduced deal, or just decided to move on with fresh blood. Disappointing he signed with a division rival because now instead of wishing him the best I have to hope he fails miserably.

or maybe he still secretly plays for us, and we've deployed him to sign with the Jest as an undercover agent with the goal of sabotaging the Jest from within. What other reason would anybody have to join that media circus of a team out of choice if another offer was on the table?

Agent Bell :ninja:

32 total TDs(he had 6 rush TDs), 29 TD passes is the franchise record for pass TDs(we never had any marino types).

Eh. 26 total, 32 total, just seemed low to me. Being elite must mean you score in other ways to win games.

I agree, it's not a big signing. It's a nice depth signing but don't make things up like no team wanted him b/c multiple teams did including the 2 he narrowed his choices to.

what buzz is this creating?

The buzz is this thread which will spawn into more drivel amongst the many folks here

Nope, I'm right... Sanchez had 32 TD last season, not 26. I never said just passing TD's, he had 6 rushing TD as well.

You said 26 TDs which you just now claimed wasn't accurate. If you meant throwing TDs, that wasn't the Jets record as stated earlier in this thread.

You said 26 TDs which you just now claimed wasn't accurate. If you meant throwing TDs, that wasn't the Jets record as stated earlier in this thread.

He never gave a specific number. He just said the most TDs in a single season for the team. Still, 32 total tds isn't something I would be crowing about. Kordell Stewart had the same total 1 season, and Scott Mitchell had more.

Last edited by a moderator:
He never gave a specific number. He just said the most TDs in a single season for the team. Still, 32 total tds isn't something I would be crowing about. Kordell Stewart had the same total 1 season, and Scott Mitchell had more.

he had 11 rush TDs.

32 is a low # but Marino only had as many as 32 two times in his career. in no way am I comparing him to Dan who is a top 5 all time QB but it is interesting to realize he only had 2 seasons w/ 32 or more total TDs

I looked up the 26 TDs from last year but didn't take into account the 6 rushing ones. Yes, 32 total TDs seems low for an all-time record.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

he had 11 rush TDs.

32 is a low # but Marino only had as many as 32 two times in his career. in no way am I comparing him to Dan who is a top 5 all time QB but it is interesting to realize he only had 2 seasons w/ 32 or more total TDs

You would think Marino would've had more total TDs in a season than just the two over 32. It would've been nice if he had more of a running game to help but that's clearly all in the past.

I looked up the 26 TDs from last year but didn't take into account the 6 rushing ones. Yes, 32 total TDs seems low for an all-time record.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

You would think Marino would've had more total TDs in a season than just the two over 32. It would've been nice if he had more of a running game to help but that's clearly all in the past.

I would have thought he had more seasons w/ 32+ passing TDs. I was surprised he only had 2 seasons w/ more than 32 but it was a different era.

I would have thought he had more seasons w/ 32+ passing TDs. I was surprised he only had 2 seasons w/ more than 32 but it was a different era.

True. It's even more remarkable that he had 48 TDs in his rookie year

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Its well known that the Jets history at QB isn't good, but still.

No better time to re-write history than the present

Back
Top Bottom