MergedX2: Taylor a "progress stopper" in Miami | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MergedX2: Taylor a "progress stopper" in Miami

Really because in REALITY Im pretty sure Brady has not 1 or 2, but 3 superbowl rings and a couple of league and superbowl MVP's. How many awards has Cassel won, oh that's right none. If you are assinign enough to think the Patriots will be worse this year with Brady as their QB I would love to take that bet.

Also don't forget 3 seasons ago when we beat the Pats 21-0. JT was raving about how we knew their offensive signals that Brady was changing at the line.

How did this get onto Tom Brady? JT fan boys step up and eat your crow. The Dolphins aren't bringing him back and rightfully so.

How did this get onto Tom Brady? JT fan boys step up and eat your crow. The Dolphins aren't bringing him back and rightfully so.

Sorry it went this way, but I was responding to a post which said the Patsie's would have done no better last year if Brady hadn't gotten hurt.

I don't really want us to bring JT back but if it hapens it happens. I would rather our FO allow Wake and one of our draft choices get the playing time which would be taken up by JT.

Just read a blog on ESPN where Ireland is concerned that JT could be a progress stopper for our younger

players.http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-7-16/Taylor-could-be--progress-stopper--for-Miami.html

"You have to look at every possible situation at this time of the year," Ireland said. "Our level of interest, I'm not going to tell you where it's at right now, but I would say that you have to look at all these things.
"But with players in particular like Jason -- he's going to be 35 in September -- you have to look at whether veteran players are progress-stoppers for younger players."

I tend agree with this, but he could also enhance their learning curve. It seems however that as much as our players are lobbying for it, the front office has no immediate plans to sign JT. IMO we will be drafting a pass rusing OLB in the first two rounds and with the signing of Cameron Wake they may not think they need to sign JT as an upgrade.

[SIZE=-1]Every coach comes to a point and looks at a veteran player ... Where is he in this world? Where are we going to be six months from now? Where will we be one year from now? If the veteran player is definitely superior and gives you a better chance to win, that's when the real conflict comes. If you think a month from now or six weeks from now or eight weeks from now this young player is going to be better than the veteran, then you have to bite the bullet.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]BILL PARCELLS, Ventura County Star, Aug. 20, 2006[/SIZE]
:err:

Ricky under the DW era, was the only source of Offense and carried the ball 30+ times a game. At the time, he couldn't handle it anymore and retired. Never heard him talk poorly about the staff or the organization.

JT on the other hand.....

Now, I love RW, but you make it sound as if he decided to retire in the offseason because of workload. We all know that is not the case. He decided to retire because he got caught smoking weed and was basically told he can't smoke weed and play in the NFL at the same time...so he chose to "retire" just before the start of the season so he would be able to get high.

JT was traded because he (much like RW) chose something (DWTS) over the team and that did not sit well with the trifecta. I'm sure if JT is signed again, there will be a clear message as to what is expected of him.

Now, I love RW, but you make it sound as if he decided to retire in the offseason because of workload. We all know that is not the case. He decided to retire because he got caught smoking weed and was basically told he can't smoke weed and play in the NFL at the same time...so he chose to "retire" just before the start of the season so he would be able to get high.

JT was traded because he (much like RW) chose something (DWTS) over the team and that did not sit well with the trifecta. I'm sure if JT is signed again, there will be a clear message as to what is expected of him.

I believe it was a mixture of everything that made him retire (Workload, his psychiatric problems, weed is good). That's my opinion though.

Crowder said he wanted to be a Dolphin. That's all....

Did crowder even say that he would like to see him back?
Yes.
"I would love to have J.T. back," Crowder said. "It would add a whole new dimension to a defense that, in spurts, looked really good last year. He's one of my closest friends. He kind of brought me up in the league when I was a young guy, so I love him to death."
Joey Porter
"We've talked about it, but at the end of the day that's all we can do is talk about it. It's still for the people upstairs to (decide)," Porter said. "But I love Jason. He can't do anything, but help us. If there's a way we can get him back, we want him back.

"It's kind of tough to talk about it when the front office really has to handle it. I don't like to go outside my coaches, because, at the end of the day, they've got to make the final decision and I'm with them all the way. Jason, I talk to him every day, so he knows I need him."

I just don't see where JT fits in.....he
s not a 3-4 DE and he's not really a 3-4 OLB either. I hope we'll draft an OLB and forget about JT.

Ozzy rules!!
Taylor winning the Defensive Player of the Year award in 2006 playing as a DE/OLB is just a distant memory to you isn't it.

I am hoping he gives us a home town discount, he already said it wasn't about the money and that he would like to play in Miami again.

IF that was the case he would have signed with Miami long time ago. Fact of the matter is I don't think the Miami brass wants him and Ireland all but said that. The Fins in one year did a lot more than they did with Taylor here. They don't need him and he would be taking up a space. Might as well stay with the younger players and let them develop their own character, personality and leadership. Let him go to the Pats.

Coaches can only teach so much with the time they have because of the number of players they have to deal with and the other responsibilities they have. It's like last year when Pennington arrived and you have veteran players like Justin Smiley talking about how Chad taught him how to watch and break down film.
At 35 years old, Taylor will not be an every down player as he was just two years ago so the younger players will receive more than their fair share of playing time.

That's good. Taylor can coach if he wants to. The young guys need all the reps they can get. Taylor can teach and coach them from the sidelines.

Bottom line is that Metro at 35 would take a roster spot from a younger, developing player. This TEAM is in the middle of being developed and for that reason alone, not to mention the assorted “baggage” that comes with Metro, he’s not part of the plan.

Furthermore, IMO it would present a kind of wishy-washy front if Parcells and Co brought him back. This is a definite factor for the Dolphin brain trust to consider, and I don’t think they would risk the potential exposure for a player who’s obviously on the down side.

On a different note, JT certainly has a chip on his shoulder, and if he goes to NE he’ll be looking for sweet revenge against the Fins. But we would game plan to attack him at the point and expose his lack of physicality. So in a way I hope he lands in NE and we get to see the drama unfold…

:hump:

Agree 100%.

Some fans really hate JT, did he try sleeping with your wives or something?

I don't hate him at all. I personally think he is soft and overrated. He has great stats but has lead the Fins to a few playoff blowouts just like last years team did without him. So why do they need him again??

are you a ricky williams fan, if so, what he did is way worse then JT and in no way shape or form can i respect your opinion. sorry

Yep but Ricky actually brings it in the games all the time. Ricky is not soft like Taylor. Taylor is a decent player but overrated IMO. Others love him--that is cool. I don't. I want nasty players not dancing queens.

The writing is on the wall, the Trifecta wants nothing to do with JT. Pretty much that simple.

Expect to see him New England bound or retire.

Really because in REALITY Im pretty sure Brady has not 1 or 2, but 3 superbowl rings and a couple of league and superbowl MVP's. How many awards has Cassel won, oh that's right none. If you are assinign enough to think the Patriots will be worse this year with Brady as their QB I would love to take that bet.

Also don't forget 3 seasons ago when we beat the Pats 21-0. JT was raving about how we knew their offensive signals that Brady was changing at the line.
Don't forget Brady is the lowest rated QB in NFL history when under pressure. In college Henson started over Brady because Brady couldn't handle pressure. Knowing defensive playcalls allows a wussy QB that can't handle pressure to do what? Know where the holes are before the play and dink and dunk with quick hits therefore negateing the fact THAT BRADY IS THE LOWEST RATED QB IN NFL HISTORY WHEN PRESSURED. Yeah, the spygate thing is totally blown out of porportion and assinign.:rolleyes2:

if you look where JT would fit, he would be a ROLB.. we have JP and wake (most likely) there... JT isnt the best against the run and in coverage so he has to play ROLB IMO, JP is WAY better at ROLB than LOLB, as you can tll when Cam had him at LOLB

Back
Top Bottom