MERGEDX3: Fins reach out to Law | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX3: Fins reach out to Law

I wasnt directing my hate towards you...more like out past coaches and such...those unholy names to Football Gods ears should never be mentioned again...:couch3:

No worries... I didnt take it like that... Sorry if my post made you think otherwise...

It wouldnt be the end of Goodman, it would be the end of the lowest CB on the chain. Even if Law were a starter, Goodman would still be in the rotation and get time as a Nickel and Dime package corner.

Depends on how the FO views the cap and his salary against the other corners and theyre productivity. He's probably making too much to be a dime or maybe even a nickle back.

This secondary is a mess but I don't think you can really blame the FO for not fixing everything in one year. Why not see what Law can do it can't get much worse. On the bright side this is going to be a rock solid defense once they get a secondary:)

If he can still play why not give Ty Law a shot? He can at least provide a little veteran leadership, because at his age he has seen it all. Maybe he can help be a secondary coah on the field and help the guys get into the right postiton, because they looked out of sorts last Sunday, and against 'Zona. I think what we really need is a BIG HITTER at safety to put some fear into the receivers going across the middle. Louis Oliver anyone???

First of all, I hope we sign Law. He is an assett and could not hurt us in any way. It would be considered a temporary fix for this year although i'm not sure whether he is familiar with the defensive scheme.

Secondly, I doubt this has any barring on what happens with Goodman. Goodman is not going anywhere (at least for the rest of this year).

In my opinion, the signing of Law is simply for insurance purposes considering Will Allen is now on a knee brace.

Like I said, neither Law, nor Goodman will be considered future, so what would it hurt.

It's not like we're going to sign him sight unseen. He'll have a workout. How many people have we worked out and not signed? More than a few. If the coaching staff feels he can't contribute and is over the hill, he won't be signed, that simple.

We need a hard hitting DB that can intercept the ball period even if he is a bit slow. I remember the same thing was said about Sammy Knight who went on was played for the Saints and itercepted quite a few passes for us as well as Brock Marion. Bring the guy keep him until we find something better. I am sure tired of coaches for the Dolphins releasing guys who can still play and picking up guys that can not. That's called poor coaching or scouting or whatever. It certainly not very smart.

I don't see any way this could hurt us, it can only help us. Whether it's from a teaching/mentoring aspect or from his efforts on the field, our defense WILL be better with Ty Law in it. So I'm all for it!

Sign him now!

well i say he can't be much worse than what we have now we are banged up and i just think we need some veteran leadership back there big time......

Back
Top Bottom