MERGEDX3: Fins reach out to Law | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX3: Fins reach out to Law

UGH. I got to watch Law in KC quite a bit over the last 2 years. I don't see the Dolphins much, but if the "current" Ty Law is better than what we have, wow. From my observations, Law was slow, poor in coverage, a poor tackler and he slipped and fell at least once a game, which generally led to big plays. No one, and I mean NO ONE in KC was sad to see him leave.

Let's just bring back Terrell Buckley.

Law can't be any worse than Goodman has been this year. I say roll the dice on him.

Will Allen has an injured knee. We don't know how bad it is. If he has to miss a game or 2 or 3, our lineup has Goodman as our #1, Lehan as #2, Jason Allen as the Nickel.
Assuming Will Allen doesn't miss anytime....
then it's #1 Will Allen, #2 Ty Law, #3 Goodman(Nickel). I dislike Lehan (look at his career stats), so this looks better.

The alternative is the "Troy Vincent" plan. When former-pro-bowler Vincent got older, he moved to Safety and had a long career there with the Eagles. You could replace FS Renaldo Hill with Ty Law. That would be an upgrade as well.
We need a band-aid this year, until we can draft a young Sam Madison next year... Ty Law seems to fit the bill.

Will Allen has an injured knee. We don't know how bad it is. If he has to miss a game or 2 or 3, our lineup has Goodman as our #1, Lehan as #2, Jason Allen as the Nickel.
Assuming Will Allen doesn't miss anytime....
then it's #1 Will Allen, #2 Ty Law, #3 Goodman(Nickel). I dislike Lehan (look at his career stats), so this looks better.

The alternative is the "Troy Vincent" plan. When former-pro-bowler Vincent got older, he moved to Safety and had a long career there with the Eagles. You could replace FS Renaldo Hill with Ty Law. That would be an upgrade as well.
We need a band-aid this year, until we can draft a young Sam Madison next year... Ty Law seems to fit the bill.

I like that Troy Vincent idea. Ty Law could still be a solid starting FS in this league and would be an instant upgrade over either Hill there or over Goodman at Corner. I like it!

If he comes here then this would officially be the closest the University of Miami has come to the good side of anything called the LAW. :sidelol:

I'm as skeptical as anyone else, given Law's age and the fact that he hasn't played at all this season. If he isn't asking for a ridiculous amount of money, then sign him now. If not, at least put Jason Allen on the field at corner and give him a shot, so we'll know whether to jettison him in the offseason.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-law101608,0,7686958.story

The Dolphins have reached out to representatives for veteran free agent cornerback Ty Law, to discuss a workout for the five-time Pro Bowl selection, according to a source.

Law, 34, hasn't played in the NFL this season, after starting 16 games for the Kansas City Chiefs in 2007. The South Florida resident has 52 career interceptions, including 10 for the New York Jets, but is best known for his 10 seasons with the New England Patriots. Law visited with the Jets during the offseason, and had phone conversations with the Patriots and Cleveland Browns. In July, he said that he had contract offers, but was waiting for the right opportunity.

The Jets, Patriots and Browns are coached by extensions of the Bill Parcells coaching tree. Parcells is now the Dolphins' VP of Football Operations.

The Dolphins are thin at the position, and allowed Texans quarterback Matt Schaub to throw for 378 yards in Sunday's 29-28 loss to Houston. Andre' Goodman did not practice Thursday due to what coach Tony Sparano called "a personal emergency," and Michael Lehan worked in his starting spot. Will Allen, who has been bothered by a sore knee, did practice. Sparano said he expected Goodman and Allen to play Sunday, and spoke highly of Jason Allen as a cornerback.

Is this the end of Goodman?

I don't think it would be a good idea to waste money on Law. That is what the old front office would do. I think we should just stick with what we have this year and save the money to pick a YOUNG DB in the draft. I think they are just "turning stones". but i think he is too old to help us in the future.

We need help... definitely audition him hard (use Henne to throw, LOL) and sign him if his comp expectations are grounded in reality.

6fsd8o-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom