Miami Dolphins - 2014 Free Agent Rumors | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins - 2014 Free Agent Rumors

JLC has been all over Nolan Carroll like he is Peyton Manning. JLC only has leads on where Carroll is going.

You know Albert has missed 12 games in his career that started in 08. Veldheer missed 11 last season alone.

Albert's injury issues are overblown.

Would you rather have a player that had one serious injury and recovered from it, or would you rather have a player that has proven to not be able to play in a full season but once in 6 seasons? Albert's injury issues are understated.

Would you rather have a player that had one serious injury and recovered from it, or would you rather have a player that has proven to not be able to play in a full season but once in 6 seasons? Albert's injury issues are understated.

This is a nonstarter with me. Albert's injury issues are overblown.

There is nothing else to say. You'd rather have a person with chronic injury issues than a single acute injury. Maybe you should read more?

His back was so chronically injured that he played his way to Hawaii this past season. Give me a break.

Carroll has been a solid starter the last 2 years. The issue is that solid nowadays gets you a significant pay raise. Remember how everybody wanted Derek Cox? Got a 4 year $20 million contract and was released after 1 season. While it wasn't a cap crippling contract I feel like Carroll getting a similar contract is too much for him.

yeah using the Pro Bowl as a reason to sign somebody isn't a good argument especially when so many people drop out.

That being said there is both good and bad to taking Albert. As I've said, not a huge fan of the move. But I'd rather sign him as a free agent than trade a pick for him. If he keeps Tannehill up straight that's all I can ask

Pro Bowls mean jack squat. You should know this.

It does when he is recognized by his peers and other coaches. Albert had a great season and is the best LT available. It is a great fit.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 5m
Just putting this out there....#Dolphins special teams coach Darren Rizzi REALLY wanted Jacoby Ford 4-years ago. He's a free agent now.

It does when he is recognized by his peers and other coaches. Albert had a great season and is the best LT available. It is a great fit.

The problems with the Pro Bowl are these:

1) Fans vote on pro bowls, making 1/3 of the process nothing more than a popularity contest
2) Most of the truly best players opt out of the game bumping up worse players

You can find examples of 1 by looking at popular teams like the Pats, Steelers and other teams of the day getting undeserving players sent. You can find examples of 2 by finding average players getting bumped up because so many good players sit out, David Garrard back in the mid-2000s was one of the most egregious ones.

Look, I'm not arguing against Branden Albert. He's good enough. I just had an issue with your reasons for Albert, which I thought what shoehorning reasons to like the player we are likely to get and reasons to not like a player we are not likely to get, rather than being objective about the players. Maybe you've been a big fan of Albert all along and not for Veldheer if so, then I suppose that I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom