Miami Dolphins - 2014 Free Agent Rumors | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins - 2014 Free Agent Rumors

But that means he was part of the success no? I mean he is going to be old by time the contract is over but if you can get 3-4 years of good production out of him i don't see the problem.

If you have 5 good players your going to have a good line. Im not so sure we are in such a position.

He isnt awful hes a good player and if we were signing him for 7m a year id be happy enough, however we are talking about signing for 11 odd million a year... way way too much for Albert. I don't want to pay Monroe that either but at least he is young, likely to improve and a great scheme fit. Albert isnt a great player and never ever will be. Also Alberts injury record concerns me

Ian Wharton ‏@NFLFilmStudy 4m

#Dolphins team source told me the team has parameters set on a Brandon Albert deal, and are now moving on to other targets

I will agree that 11 mil is a lot to pay but its worth it if it means that you can keep your QB from getting killed.

id much rather pay collins 7 and sign an elite guard

Yuck

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Who is the elite guard that is actually available?

Albert is a more balanced LT in my opinion. Monroe is just an elite pass blocker.

Albert is a more balanced LT in my opinion. Monroe is just an elite pass blocker.

Um no! Monroe is the better run blocker but neither should be bragging about their run blocking skills

id much rather pay collins 7 and sign an elite guard

That guard is probably going to cost you just as much in the end anyway. Now if we were talking about a real awesome way to do it:

Collins, Albert or Monroe and kick Pouncey inside and grab Alex Mack even though you would need to give up a draft pick.

There is no elite guard available so that argument is a nonstarter.

There is no elite guard available so that argument is a nonstarter.

Its moot point anyway due to the fact that Tackle is a premium position and there is just not a simple way to not have to pay elite money. Unless you draft a stud and even then when his contract you have to pay him big money.

more fuel for Albert to Miami:

Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic reports the Cardinals are "very interested" in free agent LT Jared Veldheer.
Just connecting dots, it appears the Cardinals have moved on from Branden Albert, who was originally their top free-agent target but now seems destined for Miami. Veldheer would be a better signing as far as we're concerned. He's three years younger than Albert with less of an injury track record, and has long been a superior run blocker. Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie surprisingly didn't franchise tag Veldheer, and is now very much risk of losing him.

I like Veldheer too, but he missed games last year with triceps injury

You know Albert has missed 12 games in his career that started in 08. Veldheer missed 11 last season alone.

Albert's injury issues are overblown.

I like Veldheer too, but he missed games last year with triceps injury

its unfortunate that despite re signing Grimes and locking up Albert, two days prior two free agency, that people are comparing Hickey to Ireland. Talk about a little premature? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom