Miami Dolphins - 2014 Free Agent Rumors | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins - 2014 Free Agent Rumors

Anyone see any truth behind the Dolphins looking at McFadden?

Who know's, if we get a hold of him, maybe Darren (Krien) could help Darren (McFadden) stay healthy. Though considering his injury history that's a big "if".

Here's an article from Bleacher Report, it's mainly just the latest updates on him from various reporters. Sounds like Oakland is done with him and he won't get much of a deal from anybody. Somebody might make out if he can stay on the field.

Another possible destination is the Miami Dolphins, which struggled to find any consistency with the duo of Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas last season. ESPN's John Clayton noted in an interview with The Finsiders that McFadden could be a potential fit and an upgrade to the current unit.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-and-speculation-on-raiders-bengals-and-more

I expect us to get an experienced veteran RB. Miller has potential and Thomas has a great body but we can get a lot better production from an experienced veteran who knows how to block and can make short yardage when it's needed.
This will be good to observe Hickey's thought process, evaluating the RB free agents. Ireland kept drafting guys who performed well at the Combine but what we need is a strong pro who has been around the block and use Miller to give him a rest.
Maurice Jones Drew, Ben Tate, Knowshon Moreno and Darren McFadden are all experienced RBs who are available. Tate has a fair bit of upside because there is little wear on the tires, but MJD could be the guy we go for.

Here's an article from Bleacher Report, it's mainly just the latest updates on him from various reporters. Sounds like Oakland is done with him and he won't get much of a deal from anybody. Somebody might make out if he can stay on the field.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-and-speculation-on-raiders-bengals-and-more

I just saw that. Who knows what will happen. That is the beauty of free agency and why we love it lol I hope we sign the right people. For instance I really hope we don't sign Albert.

There's going to be all kinds of "inside sources" quoted by nearly every local sports reporter until Monday. Much like the who are the Dolphins going to draft in the first round, they are all just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks. Let's wait until Monday to know for sure, until then enjoy the gossip column.

I just saw that. Who knows what will happen. That is the beauty of free agency and why we love it lol I hope we sign the right people. For instance I really hope we don't sign Albert.

I think the first announcement youll hear is that Albert is a Cardinal.

I really hope that is the case.
Originally Posted by nyfinzfan View Post
I think the first announcement youll hear is that Albert is a Cardinal.

If Albert doesn't get signed by Miami, who we know has the cap space, and the need,..then you know all that nonsense about Philbin begging to get Albert in FA and Ireland wagging his finger and saying no, was untrue. Just sayin.

If Albert doesn't get signed by Miami, who we know has the cap space, and the need,..then you know all that nonsense about Philbin begging to get Albert in FA and Ireland wagging his finger and saying no, was untrue. Just sayin.

that's not necessarily true....we're looking at different options now, and the situation has to be re-evaluated..

that's not necessarily true....we're looking at different options now, and the situation has to be re-evaluated..

May be so...but still, if you were eager to give up a high draft pick, and spend something around 9 million for Albert last season, it means you really, really, like that player.

Regarding McFadden, the Fins could certainly do worse. Tremendous talent who can't stay healthy, but he's still just 26. He's never had much of a passing threat to take pressure off him, and if memory serves, he's a pretty good option as a receiver.

If the price is suitable as a low risk/high reward option, I'd be on board.

Regarding McFadden, the Fins could certainly do worse. Tremendous talent who can't stay healthy, but he's still just 26. He's never had much of a passing threat to take pressure off him, and if memory serves, he's a pretty good option as a receiver.

If the price is suitable as a low risk/high reward option, I'd be on board.

McFadden = Miller.

May be so...but still, if you were eager to give up a high draft pick, and spend something around 9 million for Albert last season, it means you really, really, like that player.

No I would think it means that you really don't like Martin. When Philbin was apparently begging for Albert the top option free agents were gone. There weren't many options available in the draft. Then POOF we have the chance at Albert....I would be begging for him over J-Mart any day. Besides opinions can change in a year. I used to really like my ex girlfriend but now I think she is bat sh** crazy nut.

McFadden = Miller.

Omar said the same thing. How so?

Miller- 5'10, 216 lbs, 4.4 speed.
McFadden- 6'1, 218 lbs, 4.3 speed.

McFadden breaks more tackles and changes direction better(something I don't even think Miller can do; Bengals game where he had all of the space for the TD but kept running straight). Their running style is kind of similar but I don't see any comparisons.

Look at that run at :47.
[video=youtube;tWy5KA0jcpY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWy5KA0jcpY[/video]

Back
Top Bottom