Miami Dolphins offense headed toward an overhaul | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins offense headed toward an overhaul

You guys are gonna watch cutler play to avoid contact for as long as he's in there.

The only way this is gonna flip is if he decides he's willing to do the things he needs to do to make plays. There has been zero indicator thru a quarter of the season that he is.

But that's your only real chance. We aren't exposing 11 man within 8 yards of the los cause he's not willing

So many people oh here are talking about trading Stills......why.

So many people oh here are talking about trading Stills......why.
Maybe due to having 114 yds in three games qith 1td. Poor value for 8 mil. Not his fault though but the big picture.

Maybe due to having 114 yds in three games qith 1td. Poor value for 8 mil. Not his fault though but the big picture.
That's my point........this is not (necessarily) his fault. Stills is a young, fast WR with a ton of upside, to get rid of a talent like that is a mistake plus you're creating an additional hole to fill on a team with enough needs. Fix the Oline and give your QB a little time to throw the ball and things will turn around.

Sorry but this story reeks. Someone wants to shift blame to players. Gase needs to find out who and fire them. I don’t buy that suddenly none of the offense knows the playbook or how to play football. Sure there are problems but this story is rotten. Even if true it should not have been leaked.

Kenny Stills is going nowhere, 1) because of the financial implications and 2) because of he's just too good a player and still young.

If he's with us in 2018, his cap number is 9.8 million. If you trade him, the cap hit would be 5.3 million. So we would have to find a replacement for Stills with a cap number of 4.5 million or less. I don't see this.
Also, as Wanny mentioned several times, Kenny Stills is very good at tracking the ball in the air. This and his speed make him a threat when Tannehill returns next year. I know it's not a popular opinion on this site but I'd rather not sign Landry than trading away Stills.

Sorry but this story reeks. Someone wants to shift blame to players. Gase needs to find out who and fire them. I don’t buy that suddenly none of the offense knows the playbook or how to play football. Sure there are problems but this story is rotten. Even if true it should not have been leaked.

From the story:

But Gase has been adamant in his defense because on any given play, Cutler’s teammates fail before the quarterback has a chance to succeed.

On any given play a wide receiver will run a pattern he apparently just dreamed up a second before the snap instead of the one in the playbook.

On any given play an offensive lineman will block someone he wasn’t supposed to and leave the defensive lineman he was supposed to block to run unblocked at Cutler.

Those things are happening at an alarming rate. They are being done by different people each time. And so an offensive “unit” has had no cohesion.

And it is everybody.

Core players such as Jarvis Landry, Julius Thomas, Laremy Tunsil, Jermon Bushrod, and Ja’Wuan James have blown assignments.

The question for me in this regard is, is that rate of blown assignments by offensive players any higher than the average rate in the league? Certainly no team is perfect and blows no assignments. There has to be a league average rate of blown assignments.

It could be the case that the Dolphins' offensive players are blowing assignments no more often than offensive players throughout the league on average, and that the quarterback play for the Dolphins simply can't compensate for it like it might on another team.

The quarterback play is certainly well below the league average.

Panic mode, those in charge deflecting. Scheme and plan has sucked for a while hence the consistent slow starts.

You got more chance of trading Kenny stills than you do of tbaum being fired this offseason.

They rebuilt the d in basically one offseason and they have a built in no plan a qb in tannehill excuse which is frankly a legit one.

I'm praying Gase wins a power struggle at the end of the year to get his buddy Peyton in here

Dolphins gonna Dolphin. It doesn't matter the owner, HC, coordinators, or players. Since the Shula days, we are a lost wandering entity always searching for a new beginning every other year. Amazing.
A yellow, orange and red sunset takes hold of the sky......

Dry mountains and rolling hills fill up the horizon.....

A tumbleweed rolls by.....

And one lifelong fan, bleeding his Aqua and Orange, crawls through this desert landscape.

2 Lombardi Trophies and an Orange Bowl in his rear-view.

The future you ask? His destination you wonder? His Destiny?

His destiny is his present, endless and eternal wandering through this desert, with nothing but a Logo and a forgotten name......

Last edited:
What i this upside you speak of with stills? He's a soft vertical wr a #3 wr in every aspect in this o making high #2 money.

I do agree though that the qb plays into the production.

I don't understand how the site basically agreed we had all kinds of talent on offense to the site basically knowing all along we had no talent on offense. Seems weird!

Yeah and the o-line has sucked all along. In spite of that magical 8 game stretch by Tannehill (and Moore). And the fact we were a top team in big plays. At that point it was taken as fact we had the talent, just needed real coaching, and 6-8ish games to learn the offense. And Gase was the QB whispering guru who even made Jay Cutler look respectable that one year. Now its like: what can he do, his starting QB went down, can't expect any coach to have success with a backup QB. Even though its the very same Jay Cutler that Gase coached "to his best season ever."

Very weird indeed.

Last edited:
It's quite simple. We need an OL, and (given RT doesn't return) a QB, and maybe some WR depth, thats it.

Behind this o-line Marino would be drinking out of a straw by the second quarter. I mean, he might already have 300 yards and a couple scores, but still...

Marino never took a lot of sacks, including the season his o-line consisted of all backups. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are the same way. Its almost as if the QB can somehow impact how many sacks he takes.

Back
Top Bottom