Miami Dolphins offense headed toward an overhaul | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins offense headed toward an overhaul

adam gase is nothing more than your average nfl coach/coordinator. he is doing NOTHING to get results from this offense. im really disappointed. i thought we might finally have something. but hes being stubborn and showing, like most coaches, he knows 1 system and must get players that can execute what he knows and is unable to adapt and get the most out of his personnel. next.

Dolphins gonna Dolphin. It doesn't matter the owner, HC, coordinators, or players. Since the Shula days, we are a lost wandering entity always searching for a new beginning every other year. Amazing.

here, i'll tell you whats going to happen, as if you all dont already know.

cutler will continue to suck, we will be 3-8 following a primetime annihilation by Carolina when moore finally gets the starting job. he will lead us to a surprise win vs the Bucs and an unlikely sweep of the Bills to give us a 6-10 record and the 9th overall pick. There will be much clamor that we should draft a QB or trade down and draft a guard later in the 1st, or the MLB that we've been dreaming of. We will not draft the player the majority of fans want- we will be told we aren't the experts; in 3 years that player will be out of the NFL. We will sign a couple washed up guards in free agency. Tannehill will come back with a vengeance and 2017 will be a distant memory for a while, then injuries on OL build up and well you know the rest.

It's completely unacceptable. How in the **** can these idiots not know their assignments in year two? It's a ****ing joke. This franchise......
I don't understand why this isn't obvious in practice? I mean there's two possibilities: 1) They know their assignments in practice and "forget about them" in games. 2) They don't know their assignments in practice but the coaches still think it's a good idea to run these plays in the game. Would be interesting to know which of the 2 it is.

The cuts are basically obvious. The trades more unlikely but it's not like it's hard to see these guys don't have much role and are limited in what they give us consistency wise. Stills is absolutely a #3 wr in this offense.

If you do nothing else other than cut the dead weight get tannehill back. We wouldn't be here if he was. The o wouldn't be scoring at any 10 point clip.

I'm counting the days.

One of the first things Tannenbaum did after he was given the title of VP of football operations was hand Pouncey that new deal, and trading Stills a year after he just gave him a new 4 year deal? No chance... the Landry situation is different, he could be moved with or without a new GM...but either way we need a new leader in the front office to come in and shed all these bad deals, get rid of all these players stealing money and finally fix the offensive line.

All this "WR's running the wrong route" is bullshit. WR's have option routes depending on the coverages. If they and the QB aren't seeing the same things then they aren't running the wrong route, one of the two are reading the coverage wrong so there is poor communication. It's not like - "X runs a 7 yard out" and the X runs a 15 yard post. This may be an intelligence problem with these players, or some deficiency in their situational awareness. IMO it is foolish that Gase figured he could just bring in Cutler - stick him in QB1, and think that would work. That sabotaged the team. Gase, we've figured out, is no magician. There's no rabbit in that hat.

adam gase is nothing more than your average nfl coach/coordinator. he is doing NOTHING to get results from this offense. im really disappointed. i thought we might finally have something. but hes being stubborn and showing, like most coaches, he knows 1 system and must get players that can execute what he knows and is unable to adapt and get the most out of his personnel. next.

Yup, a good coach adapts his system and game plan to the players that he has. Gase just dubs it down to WR screens and draw plays on 2nd and long. Gase won’t be fired though. He will get a pass on this season.

I don't understand how the site basically agreed we had all kinds of talent on offense to the site basically knowing all along we had no talent on offense. Seems weird!

Here is why our Offense sucks:

We play in a box (rectangle) 50 yards wide and 8 yards deep (5 yards past the los, 3 yards behind the los.)

It is TOO easy to defend against this.

When we had Tanny, he could throw deep and made defenses defend against that. Without that threat, teams will sit on our run game, sit on our ridiculous bubble screens (only a matter of time before one of those goes for a pick 6) and they sit on any other bullshit route that we run short of the sticks.

It is just entirely too easy for a team to defend BOTH the run game AND our pass game at the same time.

Either we push the ball downfield and risk turnovers to keep D's honest, or we will get shut down every damn week.

Yes that QB sucks. Yes, that oline sucks. But we can still air it out often enough to loosen up Defenses.

One of the first things Tannenbaum did after he was given the title of VP of football operations was hand Pouncey that new deal, and trading Stills a year after he just gave him a new 4 year deal? No chance... the Landry situation is different, he could be moved with or without a new GM...but either way we need a new leader in the front office to come in and shed all these bad deals, get rid of all these players stealing money and finally fix the offensive line.

You got more chance of trading Kenny stills than you do of tbaum being fired this offseason.

They rebuilt the d in basically one offseason and they have a built in no plan a qb in tannehill excuse which is frankly a legit one.

I don't understand how the site basically agreed we had all kinds of talent on offense to the site basically knowing all along we had no talent on offense. Seems weird!

We have plenty of talent everywhere except the most critical of em all qb.

Cutler has talent he's just not willing to put it on the line anymore

The needed changes in my humble opinion:

1. Get Tannehill back under center.

2. Finally draft a tight end in the first round and put an end to the patchwork approach to that very important position.

3. Cut Pouncey and free up cap money.

4. Trade Stills and replace him with a much cheaper straight-line speed guy, freeing up cap money.

5. Sign proven players at guard and center with the freed up cap money.

Back
Top Bottom