Miami ranks worst | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami ranks worst

Not that i know much about the Miami sports scene. But when you talk about miserable, how about mentioning Philadelphia. A city that hasn't scored a pro sports championship since 1983 and not even a meaningful collegiate one since the 1985 Wildcats. Thats 25 years of unsuccessful seasons from all four teams in this city. Yet most years, at least nowadays, the teams are contenders. So what we have is just complete failure. Underachieving, whatever. I love this city and going to games here, but it sucks being the perennial brides maid.

What's so special about a Sabres game lol....
Fans that couldn't get tickets. The NHL has seen nothing like this, 10,000 fans outside watching a game.

clear.gif

It's not an insult at all, it's simply implying there is nothing to do in Buffalo....for the most part. Bill fans act like they are more loyal, not that the Bills are all they have. Bulffalo NY isn't a tour destination, no sunny beaches no Celebs, no Disney world, and when it starts to get cold, there's even less to do in Buffalo.

I'm simply saying because you have less to do your choices become limited. If your team is having a bad year and it's December, you can either shovel snow, read a book or watch the Bills and hope they win. Not much fun, but of the three options I'll take the Bills game. You seem to think That makes you a more loyal fan....I strongly disagree.

BTW, simply because I'm a Mod doesn't mean I have to be wonderful to rival fans who have no problem telling us they are more loyal, have better fans and have a better team. Just because I say things you don't like is not a bad thing. You can't come to this site then tell us your more loyal fans, that's a frikin joke. Then when I come back with reason why I don't believe your better fans you get all defensive and act like my loyalty comes with restrictions cause I'm a mod. Right now, I'm a fan and when you question or try to undermine my fanhood I'll defend it.
Why are you talking about beaches? We are talking going to a sporting event. Obviously Miami is a great spot, which is why there are so many orange seats empty on game day.

Why are you talking about beaches? We are talking going to a sporting event. Obviously Miami is a great spot, which is why there are so many orange seats empty on game day.

Well he has a point, not only is Miami much more entertainment friendly than Buffalo, leading people to regard sports as "less of a deal" when there is so much else to do like hit those beaches. But there are probably a lot of people in Miami who are just transplants from the north. Who have no vested interest in the Dolphins but are in Miami because it's a great place to live/grow old in. Passion for sports always seems to me to be bigger in Northern cities where it's kind of all we have. Especially in the winter months.

I'm talking about beaches beacuse there are other things to do in Miami then watch the Dolphins, unlike Buffalo where all there is to do is watch the Bills. You seem think being a fan means the few people who actually attend games in every state makes up the the whole of being a fan. I've never been to a Dolphins game live, but you won't find a more diehard supportive fan then me.

This whole survey was ignorant and proves nothing about being a fan. The survey isolates and makes it seem as though every state has equal things to offer the fans outside their team, that's simply not the case. It is in no way the same from state to state. So this survey is rather dumb and pointless. Buffalo has no pro Basketball team, no pro baseball team. They have Hockey and football, that's it. It's a lot easier for the masses to support the football team when there's little else to support. I can't make it any simpler then that.

Well I lived in the souther tier of upstate NY for nearly 10 years and it was cold from the middle of October, till the middle of May. Considering Buffalo is closer to Canada then I was, I'm 100% positive you're exaggerating the length of cold you go through and snow you get. And when you copmare that to maybe Three days a year when the you might need a sweater and a pair of shorts in Florida, I think there's just a tiny bit of defference in the two places.

LOL, I don't know where you lived, but in no way is it ever cold here in May. The high school baseball teams start April 1st, and the weather is perfectly fine for baseball here then. No it's not 85, but 60s and 70s are just right.

It doesn't get cold enough to snow until December either. Thats why the ski resorts don't even open until December. Being closer to Canada really doesn't have much to do with cold. Southern Ontario and Buffalo have the same climate.

Also, theres much more to do in the winter than you say, besides Bills, Sabres and "reading a book" after "shoveling our driveways". Who still shovels?

We have 2 ski resorts, one is in the top 3 in the East Coast, for skiing, lodging and snowboarding. Also snowmobiling is a huge hit, though we haven't had alot of snow in recent winters. Also, there are tons of ice hockey leagues and many indoor leagues for various sports that start up in the winter, plus Sabres season starts along with the pro indoor lacrosse team, the Bandits.

LOL, I don't know where you lived, but in no way is it ever cold here in May. The high school baseball teams start April 1st, and the weather is perfectly fine for baseball here then. No it's not 85, but 60s and 70s are just right.

It doesn't get cold enough to snow until December either. Thats why the ski resorts don't even open until December. Being closer to Canada really doesn't have much to do with cold. Southern Ontario and Buffalo have the same climate.

Also, theres much more to do in the winter than you say, besides Bills, Sabres and "reading a book" after "shoveling our driveways". Who still shovels?

We have 2 ski resorts, one is in the top 3 in the East Coast, for skiing, lodging and snowboarding. Also snowmobiling is a huge hit, though we haven't had alot of snow in recent winters. Also, there are tons of ice hockey leagues and many indoor leagues for various sports that start up in the winter, plus Sabres season starts along with the pro indoor lacrosse team, the Bandits.

You're either disingenuous or not from Buffalo. The majority of Buffalo's high yearly snowfall comes early, usually late fall or at latest very early winter. It's called the Lake Effect. Blizzards occur roughly once ever year and a half. Do you remember 2000? Didn't happen in December or winter, it happened in the fall.

And the outlying towns always get hit the worst with severe weather and they just happen to be where most Bills fans are from....:rolleyes2: There's a difference between Buffalo and all of WNY, so don't muddy the waters/

Wow. For as much crap as you talk, thats honestly disgustingly pathetic.

In what way? I don't think there's a rule stating you can't support your team if you don't go to the games. I still buy all the merchandise, I still belong to a fan site. I'm not sure how going to the games actully changes your statis as a fan and gives you more rights to speack of your team.

You're either disingenuous or not from Buffalo. The majority of Buffalo's high yearly snowfall comes early, usually late fall or at latest very early winter. It's called the Lake Effect. Blizzards occur roughly once ever year and a half. Do you remember 2000? Didn't happen in December or winter, it happened in the fall.

And the outlying towns always get hit the worst with severe weather and they just happen to be where most Bills fans are from....:rolleyes2: There's a difference between Buffalo and all of WNY, so don't muddy the waters/

Um, I live in the Southern Tier of WNY, ski country. We get the most snow, yes we get lake effect, but not until December. The first snowfall in WNY last year was in December and it was a dusting. Blizzards occur every year? The only real blizzards anyone knows or talks about happened in 1977, and 2000. Other than that, there have just been good size snow storms. Blizzards are mostly caused by high winds anyway, mixed with some snowfall.

The time where we get the most snow is late December, January and February.

http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/online/ccd/snowfall.html

In what way? I don't think there's a rule stating you can't support your team if you don't go to the games. I still buy all the merchandise, I still belong to a fan site. I'm not sure how going to the games actully changes your statis as a fan and gives you more rights to speack of your team.

You'd think for the superfan you claim to be, for over the 35 years you've been a fan, you could actually go to, I don't know, one game maybe? What's your excuse? Though I can understand why you wouldn't want to go to a game last year...

You'd think for the superfan you claim to be, for over the 35 years you've been a fan, you could actually go to, I don't know, one game maybe? What's your excuse? Though I can why you wouldn't want to go to a game last year...

How exactly does someone "can why"? :D Anyway, he's not from here so he gets a pass.

Back
Top Bottom