Miami ranks worst | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami ranks worst

We have 2 ski resorts, one is in the top 3 in the East Coast, for skiing, lodging and snowboarding. Also snowmobiling is a huge hit, though we haven't had alot of snow in recent winters. Also, there are tons of ice hockey leagues and many indoor leagues for various sports that start up in the winter, plus Sabres season starts along with the pro indoor lacrosse team, the Bandits

Tha majority of football fans are not fit and athletic, they're fat beer dinking wing eating wannabe football players. That's not a shot at Bill fans it's the majority of all football fans. Couch potato's, through and through.

It's much easier for a 300 lb guy to put on a speedo and strut down the beach offending the youth of America then it is to put on 40lbs of clothes and spend a small fortune on lift tickets and accessories to slide down a mountain at 30 mph and hitting a tree.

Basically if you asked the majority of football fans what they'd rather do on a Sunday afternoon if their team is 4-8 and playing the defending SB champs in their house, I'm 100% confident the Beach will beat the ski resort, 90% of the time.

Are the fans disloyal for choosing the beach over a guaranteed loss? Not at all. But the survey would lead one to believe they are. It's a dumb survey and it's unrealistic and very specific in nature.

Can't disagree with the article. I think it was 2000 when the Dolphins played the Colts in the Wildcard Game and the game was blacked out because they didn't have a sell out. Miami fans are too fickle. I'm a huge Dolphin fan, but live in Charlotte. If I were in Miami I would be at every Miami Dolphins game rain or shine.

Living In Toronto, my first football experience was in Buffalo, although the city of Buffalo pales in comaprison to the nightlife of Toronto, the football experience was excellent. I've seen the Phins play in about 7 different stadiums, and I would say that easily that both Miami and Buffalo have very good tailgaiting experiences. They are completely different. Miami's warm tropical weather, to Buffalo's last season wintery weather. They are almost impossible to compare. I've been to Buffalo games in december but have been fortunate not to have goten caught up in any snowstorms. They were actually kinda nice. Not too cold.. not too hot.. perfect football weather for us nothern folks (In Canada we play our championship game in -10 degree weather in need be with a 2 feet of snow.)

Miami was one of the best for obvious reasons... the Home of our beloved Phins. But I would rank Buffalo right after as far as atmostphere, and good ole crazy fun. They are just different.

Can't disagree with the article. I think it was 2000 when the Dolphins played the Colts in the Wildcard Game and the game was blacked out because they didn't have a sell out. Miami fans are too fickle. I'm a huge Dolphin fan, but live in Charlotte. If I were in Miami I would be at every Miami Dolphins game rain or shine.

The article is about worst place to be a fan, not worst fans. It's retarded.

I have been a Phin fan trapped outside of Buffalo most of my life. Going to a Bills game is an experience????

You cannot bs me, I have been to plenty, the majority of Bills fans are drunk hours before kickoff, and then do there best to annoy Miami fans good enough to buy tickets in their ****ty stadium. I hear many stories of people that will never go back there, not exactly a family atmosphere. After one too many run ins with Bills fans probably much like the ones that insist on posting on a Miami website (I could not even tell you if Buffalo even has a website) I refuse to buy any more tickets, and put any money into the Bills pockets.

There is a reason the Bills have the lowest ticket prices in the league, because that is the only way they can sell them. When the Bills do finally move away, make sure all you great "fans" remember how you treated visiting fans, that bought tickets to see their favorite team play, not to get into some yelling match with 20 drunk Buffalo idiots.

Off rant

Please do not say this happens at all stadiums, I go to Miami to games almost once a year, the Bills Fans I go with do NOT get treated the same way.

I have been a Phin fan trapped outside of Buffalo most of my life. Going to a Bills game is an experience????

You cannot bs me, I have been to plenty, the majority of Bills fans are drunk hours before kickoff, and then do there best to annoy Miami fans good enough to buy tickets in their ****ty stadium. I hear many stories of people that will never go back there, not exactly a family atmosphere. After one too many run ins with Bills fans probably much like the ones that insist on posting on a Miami website (I could not even tell you if Buffalo even has a website) I refuse to buy any more tickets, and put any money into the Bills pockets.

There is a reason the Bills have the lowest ticket prices in the league, because that is the only way they can sell them. When the Bills do finally move away, make sure all you great "fans" remember how you treated visiting fans, that bought tickets to see their favorite team play, not to get into some yelling match with 20 drunk Buffalo idiots.

Off rant

Before you let your rant bunch your ginch.. maybe you should try going to see a game in Oakland.. You think Buffalo fans are dunk and offensive... I watch a group of Oakland fans beat the living snot out of a Dolphin fan who was heckling them.. one guy turned to me and reminded me.. "Don't forget where you are!"...

As for drunks?! I go to a game a Dolphin Stadium once a year, and there are just as many drunks tailgaiting around the stadium as there are around the Bills stadium. But with much more diversity.

You will find good and bad in every stadium. But knowing how to handle yourself will go along way in making your experience worthwhile. I for one .. when travelling to an enemy stadium and prepared for the heckling. It's part of it. If you got into a yelling match.. when you were 50% of the problem, because you don't have to yell back. I've always had lots of people get on me in buffalo, but we're always laughing about or teams and having a good time. Just my experience. But then I dont sweat the small stuff.

Please do not say this happens at all stadiums, I go to Miami to games almost once a year, the Bills Fans I go with do NOT get treated the same way.

Ok i wont.. maybe the problem is you. I dont get treated poorly anywhere i go.. and I ALWAYS fly colours and cheer my team. If you're looking to go to a stadium that has a love in with your Miami Dolphins, then go to Miami. Otherwise it's enemy territory.. to me... part of the fun is being in enemy territory.

Ok i wont.. maybe the problem is you. I dont get treated poorly anywhere i go.. and I ALWAYS fly colours and cheer my team. If you're looking to go to a stadium that has a love in with your Miami Dolphins, then go to Miami. Otherwise it's enemy territory.. to me... part of the fun is being in enemy territory.

Yep, I must be the problem, start trouble where ever I go, doesnt sound, to me like you know Ralph Wilson Stadium, or your too drunk to. I go to watch a game, with my Miami Dolphin colors, not to drink.

So, you are saying Buffalo fans are better than loser Raider fans, wow, thats cool.

I work with a BILLS FAN that has had season tickets since the 80's. He just gave them up because of the *******s. I guess it is just my imagination, or HE is the problem, right.....nothing bad happening in Orchard Park on fall sundays.

I work with a BILLS FAN that has had season tickets since the 80's. He just gave them up because of the *******s. I guess it is just my imagination, or HE is the problem, right.....nothing bad happening in Orchard Park on fall sundays.

Bills Set Fifteen-Year High for Season Ticket Sales

The Buffalo Bills announced today that they've surpassed 50,000 season tickets sold for next season.

The total is the team's highest since 1993, the Bills said, and surpasses last season's total by about 1,800.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/nflinsider/2008/05/bills_set_fifteenyear_high_for.html

I am participating in a discussion on a Miami Dolphins board where some Bills fans have painted a picture that I do not feel is very accurate. I have stated where I believe they have mislead. If you want everyone here to believe your version of the truth is that you go to all these different stadiums with Miami Colors, and are treated great where ever you go, I think people will see where you are coming from.

Living In Toronto, my first football experience was in Buffalo, although the city of Buffalo pales in comaprison to the nightlife of Toronto, the football experience was excellent. I've seen the Phins play in about 7 different stadiums, and I would say that easily that both Miami and Buffalo have very good tailgaiting experiences. They are completely different. Miami's warm tropical weather, to Buffalo's last season wintery weather. They are almost impossible to compare. I've been to Buffalo games in december but have been fortunate not to have goten caught up in any snowstorms. They were actually kinda nice. Not too cold.. not too hot.. perfect football weather for us nothern folks (In Canada we play our championship game in -10 degree weather in need be with a 2 feet of snow.)

Miami was one of the best for obvious reasons... the Home of our beloved Phins. But I would rank Buffalo right after as far as atmostphere, and good ole crazy fun. They are just different.

Thanks for a fair opinion.

As I have said before, correctly, the price of the tickets are the reason they sell, they are the cheapest in the league.

Thats part of the reason why going to a Bills game is great.

An average fan of football can go see Tom Brady for 1/3 the price.

Back
Top Bottom