Michael Vick....the most overrated QB of all time | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Vick....the most overrated QB of all time

Yea you vick haters should keep to the off field issues because he played his position different than any other qb. His stats dont mean much.. He won and kept his team playing at a high level when he started. Please look up his teammates as well no real superstars.. It was the Atlanta Vicks

It's simple; Vick is a below average passer with incredible running skills which allowed him to still be successful as a QB. Now, that said; can I go back to hating him for being a animal torturer? Thank you! Count me as rooting that he breaks his friggin neck this year.

Although Vick is extremely overrated, he was exciting to watch, filled the stadium and definitely put Atlanta as a team to look out for. Now they seem to be better off without him, because they drafted Matt Ryan after he left. If you ask his WR's they probably were happier when he was gone, the only guy he really got the ball to was Alge Crumpler.

That being said, if he's reinstated, someone will be looking for his services, overrated or not.

Yea you vick haters should keep to the off field issues because he played his position different than any other qb. His stats dont mean much.. He won and kept his team playing at a high level when he started. Please look up his teammates as well no real superstars.. It was the Atlanta Vicks

Vick was one deminsonal which is why they could never make it deep in the playoffs. When Vick did throw the ball it was a 10 yard pass to Alge Crumpler. If Vick didnt have any talent around, how come Matt Schaub came right in and throws over 300 yards and 3TD's? in one game! thats would be a career high for Michael Vick.

As far as I know Roddy White was in Atlanta before Mike Vick was arrested....and its funny after Vick leaves suddenly Roddy White has a break out year.....hmmmmm

Vick was one deminsonal which is why they could never make it deep in the playoffs. When Vick did throw the ball it was a 10 yard pass to Alge Crumpler. If Vick didnt have any talent around, how come Matt Schaub came right in and throws over 300 yards and 3TD's? in one game! thats would be a career high for Michael Vick.

As far as I know Roddy White was in Atlanta before Mike Vick was arrested....and its funny after Vick leaves suddenly Roddy White has a break out year.....hmmmmm

If Atlanta was being held back by Vick why haven't they won a playoff game w/o him in the past decade?

You may find this hard bto believe but the goal of a QB is not to throw for 200 yds but rather to lead his team to victories which vick did more often than not and Schaub came close to throwing for 300 yds once and led the team to a loss. He was 0-2 as a starting QB for Atlanta.

Yes all of a sudden playing w/ Joey Harrington, Chris redman and Byron leftwich Roddy White became a good WR. WRs develop at a different pace, it usually takes a WR a good 2-3 years before they start performing well.

If Atlanta was being held back by Vick why haven't they won a playoff game w/o him in the past decade?

You may find this hard bto believe but the goal of a QB is not to throw for 200 yds but rather to lead his team to victories which vick did more often than not and Schaub came close to throwing for 300 yds once and led the team to a loss. He was 0-2 as a starting QB for Atlanta.

Yes all of a sudden playing w/ Joey Harrington, Chris redman and Byron leftwich Roddy White became a good WR. WRs develop at a different pace, it usually takes a WR a good 2-3 years before they start performing well.

Here's a list of recent Super Bowl winning QBs:

Ben Roethlisberger
Eli Manning
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady

All are pocket quarterbacks who make great decisions and throw the football while methodically picking defenses apart. Michael Vick was never and will never lead a team to a Super Bowl victory.

This dude has character issues and poor judgment playing a position based entirely on judgment. He has freakish talent but Atlanta had to redesign their entire offense to fit Vick so that he could be successful. Nobody today is going to tailor an offense to a guy who has been out of the league for two years, struggles to grasp an NFL offense, and has questionable character issues at best.

We have seen the best of Michael Vick by far.

Ben Roethlisberger
Eli Manning
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady

All are pocket quarterbacks who make great decisions and throw the football while methodically picking defenses apart. Michael Vick was never and will never lead a team to a Super Bowl victory.

This dude has character issues and poor judgment playing a position based entirely on judgment. He has freakish talent but Atlanta had to redesign their entire offense to fit Vick so that he could be successful. Nobody today is going to tailor an offense to a guy who has been out of the league for two years, struggles to grasp an NFL offense, and has questionable character issues at best.

So you are telling me the Falcons have been ready for a SB but held back b/c Vick isn't a pocket passer? If that was the case why haven't the falcons won a playoff game w/o Vick in the last decade?

Brady is the best so let's remove him from this discussion but Peyton has certainly underachieved in january, Eli had the one fluky run and ben is another guy w/o great #s that wins. I think if you put Brady, ben or even Vick on Indy the Colts have multiple Championships this decade. There are #s guys like Peyton and there are guys who just find ways to get it done w/o great #s. Give me the guy who finds ways to win when it matters- guys that elevate their team.

Obviously Vick has issues and his QB days may be over but would there be a better player in the game to run a wildcat than Vick? That may be his role going forward. His full time QB days may be over at this point.

It's only been one season since Vick was in the league and they gave the Super Bowl runner-ups all they could handle. I think that tells you Atlanta is a solid team.

It's only been one season since Vick was in the league and they gave the Super Bowl runner-ups all they could handle. I think that tells you Atlanta is a solid team.

Ari had a double digit lead in the 3rd qtr and Atlantan would never get it back to single digits so they didn't give them all they could handle.

So you are telling me the Falcons have been ready for a SB but held back b/c Vick isn't a pocket passer? If that was the case why haven't the falcons won a playoff game w/o Vick in the last decade?

Brady is the best so let's remove him from this discussion but Peyton has certainly underachieved in january, Eli had the one fluky run and ben is another guy w/o great #s that wins. I think if you put Brady, ben or even Vick on Indy the Colts have multiple Championships this decade. There are #s guys like Peyton and there are guys who just find ways to get it done w/o great #s. Give me the guy who finds ways to win when it matters- guys that elevate their team.

Obviously Vick has issues and his QB days may be over but would there be a better player in the game to run a wildcat than Vick? That may be his role going forward. His full time QB days may be over at this point.

No, I'm not saying that if Vick were a pocket passer that the Falcons would have won a Super Bowl somewhere along the line. What I'm saying is that running quarterbacks who can't throw the football aren't going to lead you to Super Bowls. The Falcons have a much better chance to win with Matt Ryan than they do with Michael Vick. Dan Marino was a great pocket passer and he never won a Super Bowl.

And you can't remove Brady simply because he's the best. That's the point. These pocket passing quarterbacks are getting it done and giving you the best chance to win. Ben Roethlisberger is probably the most underrated quarterback in the league. He gets it done. And you don't win Super Bowls on a fluke. You're either great—or you're not. The Giants had a great team. What was it—11 consecutive road victories. It's tough to win on the road in this league no matter who you play.

The man made a conf title game which is 1 step away from the SB. I just don't think you can say he would never win a SB, he was basically a full time starter for 4 years and made the postseason in 2 of them and reached the div rd and conf title game. He ruined his own career but he was just getting started, it's not fair to say he'd never win a SB.

The man made a conf title game which is 1 step away from the SB. I just don't think you can say he would never win a SB, he was basically a full time starter for 4 years and made the postseason in 2 of them and reached the div rd and conf title game. He ruined his own career but he was just getting started, it's not fair to say he'd never win a SB.

And what I am saying is they could have gone further if Vick could have thrown the ball to other WR's, Vick wasnt much of a team guy....his former coach (Mora) never liked his off field work ethic.

IMO Vick thought he could do it by himself, and when it came time for him to throw the ball....he failed

A running QB can only do so much, you have to be able to throw the ball to win some games, and those were the games he lost

Ben Roethlisberger
Eli Manning
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady

:thanks:

And what I am saying is they could have gone further if Vick could have thrown the ball to other WR's, Vick wasnt much of a team guy....his former coach (Mora) never liked his off field work ethic.

IMO Vick thought he could do it by himself, and when it came time for him to throw the ball....he failed

A running QB can only do so much, you have to be able to throw the ball to win some games, and those were the games he lost

The reason they got as far as they did w/ the talent they had was b/c of Vick. Even if he was a good pocket passer he didn't have the weapons to take advantage of that.

People forget he was still a developing QB, he wasn't a finished product. Steve Young was more of a running QB early in his career too, he evolved overtime(though Young is very overrated as well but that is a different argument).

The reason they got as far as they did w/ the talent they had was b/c of Vick. Even if he was a good pocket passer he didn't have the weapons to take advantage of that.

People forget he was still a developing QB, he wasn't a finished product. Steve Young was more of a running QB early in his career too, he evolved overtime(though Young is very overrated as well but that is a different argument).

No weapons? thats BS.... for one thing, you dont need great WR's for a good QB to be successful....the Pats did it 3 times with average WR's at best

The WR's they had were not that bad, like I mentioned before, Matt Schaub comes in.....and suddenly....they are making catches....thats pretty amazing, maybe the WR's just didnt like Michael Vick....or maybe Schaub knew how to get them the ball!

but you know what is really sad? Your a freakin Jets fan and you have almost 10,000 posts on a Dolphins Forum. Either you have no life or you are secretly a Fins fan

No weapons? thats BS.... for one thing, you dont need great WR's for a good QB to be successful....the Pats did it 3 times with average WR's at best

The WR's they had were not that bad, like I mentioned before, Matt Schaub comes in.....and suddenly....they are making catches....thats pretty amazing, maybe the WR's just didnt like Michael Vick....or maybe Schaub knew how to get them the ball!

but you know what is really sad? Your a freakin Jets fan and you have almost 10,000 posts on a Dolphins Forum. Either you have no life or you are secretly a Fins fan

The Pats had the BEST QB IN THE LEAGUE! You act like the Pats had some average QB w/ no weapons, they had the best! Look at Peyton, he has had the best weapons in the game for a decade and has just one SB to show for it.

Suddenly thsoe WRs catching the ball w/ Schaub and they were LOSING! The object of the game is to win not throw for 300 yds.

What is really sad is when a person tries to get into a debate, they lose then they have to hurl insults. That is sad. Even better is a supposed dolphin fan that also has a Carolina Panthers signature.

Back
Top Bottom