Michael Vick....the most overrated QB of all time | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Vick....the most overrated QB of all time

Right...and then he became the biggest disgrace of the NFL since OJ Simpson.

I'm sure Arthur Blank rues the day he met Mike "Dog Torturer" Vick.

What Vick did was horrible but Leonard Little killed a woman drunk driving then got caught driving drunk a 2nd time and still plays in the league.

What Vick did was horrible but Leonard Little killed a woman drunk driving then got caught driving drunk a 2nd time and still plays in the league.

I know all about Leonard Little and think he absolutely should have been banned for LIFE from the NFL. But Tagliabue was a ***** and didn't ban him as he should have.

But 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Vick should be banned for life and if possible, Goddell should also see if he could open up the case again on Little and ban his arse for life too.

The NFL does not need these scumbags.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't have much time....but here's a quick summary of

Mike Vick = overrated by Joe Public, underrated by hardcore fans

Joe Namath = most overrated QB of all-time

Peyton Manning = not overrated...his post-season struggles are well documented..and he still has won a Super Bowl. Eli Manning is more overrated than Peyton Manning.

I think guys who had GREAT teams around them and won multiple super bowls are more overrated like Montanna, Bradshaw and Aikman.

fire away!!

Don't have much time....but here's a quick summary of

Mike Vick = overrated by Joe Public, underrated by hardcore fans

Joe Namath = most overrated QB of all-time

Peyton Manning = not overrated...his post-season struggles are well documented..and he still has won a Super Bowl. Eli Manning is more overrated than Peyton Manning.

I think guys who had GREAT teams around them and won multiple super bowls are more overrated like Montanna, Bradshaw and Aikman.

fire away!!

Eli is less overrated than Peyton as he was actually good in the Giants run in the playoffs.

Keep in mind that Montana won TWO SBs w/o Jerry Rice and his weapons in his first SB win were Ricky patton, Earl Cooper and Johnny Davis at RB, Dwight Clark and Freddie Solomon at WR and Charle Young at TE. Montana also took a KC team to the AFC title game- that was KC's first trip to a conf/league title game since they won the SB in the 1969 season and they haven't won a playoff game since.

You can have him. Maybe he would enjoy clubbing baby seals in his spare time up there.

lmao ... do you even know why they club seals ?

i don't even know why i'm asking, because if you gave me that answer you don't know. Hunters club seals because it's the quickest and least suffering death they can get. People get caught up because, yes, it looks barbarian and disgusting, but it's a respectful way of hunting them, instead of shooting a bullet and let'em suffer for awhile (and not only make them suffer, but risking the seal to jump back in the water and die there, for nothing)

i'm not in favor of seal hunting, then again, of any hunting at all, but get informed before you throw worthless attacks/information to people

btw, about 0,00005 percent of canadians do seal hunting... oh, and we have electricity too !

Eli is less overrated than Peyton as he was actually good in the Giants run in the playoffs.

Keep in mind that Montana won TWO SBs w/o Jerry Rice and his weapons in his first SB win were Ricky patton, Earl Cooper and Johnny Davis at RB, Dwight Clark and Freddie Solomon at WR and Charle Young at TE. Montana also took a KC team to the AFC title game- that was KC's first trip to a conf/league title game since they won the SB in the 1969 season and they haven't won a playoff game since.

that's exactly why I think he is overrated. He was ok....but anything but spectacular. His numbers were good in Tampa bay....but he didn't produce any big plays and his 2 touchdowns were short gimme's. Can't argue with his performance in Dallas....good game. Green Bay were tough conditions and he played admirably, but any credit you want to give him towards his pedestrian numbers (barely 50%, 6 ypa, 0 TD, 3-12 on 3rd downs) for the conditions, can be easily countered by GB's inexplicable decision to single-cover Plax all day.

In the Super Bowl his game overall was below average, and his big drive which earned him the MVP was highlighted by a pass directly to Asante Samuel which should have been picked, an ill-advised wounded duck into coverage that the game's real MVP saved his *** on, and his touchdown to an uncovered Plax that I could have completed.

Peyton get beat up all the time for poor post season performances, which is mostly deserved, it's part of what he is considered as a player...which is why I don't think he's overrated....it's acknowledged. But I still think, despite it, he's one of the greatest QB's ever.

lmao ... do you even know why they club seals ?

i don't even know why i'm asking, because if you gave me that answer you don't know. Hunters club seals because it's the quickest and least suffering death they can get. People get caught up because, yes, it looks barbarian and disgusting, but it's a respectful way of hunting them, instead of shooting a bullet and let'em suffer for awhile (and not only make them suffer, but risking the seal to jump back in the water and die there, for nothing)

i'm not in favor of seal hunting, then again, of any hunting at all, but get informed before you throw worthless attacks/information to people

btw, about 0,00005 percent of canadians do seal hunting... oh, and we have electricity too !

It wasn't a dig at Canada. It was a dig at Vick the animal torturer.

You do realize the year prior to Fiedler w/ marino your teams went out 38-3 and 62-7 in '98 and '99, right? you also hadn't won a div title since 1994. Miami was expected to be horrible in 2000 but instead you won the division.

If your D was even close to great they could have at least made a title game or 2 or at least not been humiliated every postseason loss.

The Colts were not in great shape but they had talent. He walked into an offense w/ Marvin harrison entering his prime and Marshall Faulk in his prime plus good pass catching TEs in Marcus Pollard and ken Dilger. Not many QBs have weapons better than those.

Manning is one of the best QBs in the game but people act like he's better than Brady and a top 5 type all-time and that's simply not the case. That's where I label him overrated.

He brought Atlanta back to respectability. They were declining rapidly post 1998. Chris Chandler was always hurt, they had lost Jamal Anderson, their core was getting old and he brought them back. had them in postseason 2 of 3 years inclduing winning in lambeau(first visitor ever to do that in postseason) and reaching an NFC Title Game.

And suddenly hes making more money than Tom Brady???

It makes no sence....You make it sound like he brought Atlanta a superbowl trophy and he was never even close to that, and they had a pretty good team too.

Vick was overrated coming out of college and thats when the fans got all hyped up.

Its very Similar to Reggie Bush...you really think hes was worth the money? Just because you bring fans to a game doesnt make you the great player.

Winning is more important and Vick didnt really do much, 1 playoff win big deal, Rex Grossman has won a few.

that's exactly why I think he is overrated. He was ok....but anything but spectacular. His numbers were good in Tampa bay....but he didn't produce any big plays and his 2 touchdowns were short gimme's. Can't argue with his performance in Dallas....good game. Green Bay were tough conditions and he played admirably, but any credit you want to give him towards his pedestrian numbers (barely 50%, 6 ypa, 0 TD, 3-12 on 3rd downs) for the conditions, can be easily countered by GB's inexplicable decision to single-cover Plax all day.

In the Super Bowl his game overall was below average, and his big drive which earned him the MVP was highlighted by a pass directly to Asante Samuel which should have been picked, an ill-advised wounded duck into coverage that the game's real MVP saved his *** on, and his touchdown to an uncovered Plax that I could have completed.

Peyton get beat up all the time for poor post season performances, which is mostly deserved, it's part of what he is considered as a player...which is why I don't think he's overrated....it's acknowledged. But I still think, despite it, he's one of the greatest QB's ever.

Eli 2007 playoffs: 72-119, 854 yds, 6 TDs, 1 INT, 95.7 rating
Peyton 2006 playoffs: 97-153, 1034 yds, 3 TDs, 7 INTs, 70.5 rating

Neither Eli or peyton deserved their SB MVPs but at least Eli did something in the SB to help his team win, Peyton was along for the ride. Luck does play a role at times, Eli got lucky w/ the Samuel pass but then led his team toa TD- in the '05 div round at home Peyton got lucky w/ the awful call on the Polamalu INT and then got lucky w/ the Bettis fumble and STILL couldn't even get the game to OT let alone win.

And suddenly hes making more money than Tom Brady???

It makes no sence....You make it sound like he brought Atlanta a superbowl trophy and he was never even close to that, and they had a pretty good team too.

Vick was overrated coming out of college and thats when the fans got all hyped up.

Its very Similar to Reggie Bush...you really think hes was worth the money? Just because you bring fans to a game doesnt make you the great player.

Winning is more important and Vick didnt really do much, 1 playoff win big deal, Rex Grossman has won a few.

Brady has been underpaid for years but that doesn't mean other QBs shouldn't get paid. All QBs are overpaid comparing what they make to Brady since Brady is the best and has taken less money.

It's nothing similar to Reggie Bush, Vick was a QB who helped lead a franchise back to respectability- Bush has been a spare part on an underachieving team and Vick has 2 playoff wins inlcuding the first ever road win at Lambeau int he playoffs.

Eli Manning played a lot better in that Super Bowl than you guys remember. The only interception he threw (that was caught) was tipped up by his own receiver into the hands of a Patriot. Eli in that game, and that entire playoffs, showed great poise and leadership and at the end of that game i don't see how you could say he didn't deserve the MVP. Although the Giants defense, especially Justin Tuck, made a strong case.

Ive never liked Michael Vick and I have always thought he was overrated as hell.

Career completion percentage: a whopping 53.8%
career rating: a whopping 75.7

His best year was in 2002 when he threw for a whopping 16 Touchdowns and 8 INTS and less than 3,000 yards with 54.9 completion %

That same year he was selected to the pro bowl by the fans. How? and why? I dont know

wait....it gets better
in 2004 he threw a whopping 14 TD (holy ****....I know) and only 12 INTS! Not only that but he also threw an outstanding 2,313 yards that year and finished with a 78.1 rating....and he STILL MAKES THE PRO BOWL?

that same year Vick signed a contract worth $130 million! Why? and how? I dont know

Before the whole dog fighting thing...Michael Vick was one of the top 5 richest athletes

What has Michael Vick done? I think hes won 2 playoff games maybe...big deal Rex Grossman has won 2 or 3.

here is a list of QB who have better career rating that Michael Vick

1. Sage Rosenfels 79.5
2. Rob Johnson 83.6
3. Jay Fiedler 77.1
4. Brian Griese 82.7
5. Steve Beuerlein 80.3
6. Chris redman 79.5

Im just tired of everyone saying that Michael Vick is "So Special".... Ive heard that since he was draft 1st overall in 2001

and Im tired of people making excuses saying "he didnt have any good WR's"
Because in 2005 Michael Vick got hurt and missed a game.....matt schuab came in a threw for 495 yards and 4 TD's ...the WR's were catching the ball just fine

well by your basis if your talking about just stats, terry bradshaw is one of the worst QBs ever... yet hes a HOFer, why? because he won, just like vick did...

Eli Manning played a lot better in that Super Bowl than you guys remember. The only interception he threw (that was caught) was tipped up by his own receiver into the hands of a Patriot. Eli in that game, and that entire playoffs, showed great poise and leadership and at the end of that game i don't see how you could say he didn't deserve the MVP. Although the Giants defense, especially Justin Tuck, made a strong case.

I think it should have gone to Tyree or a defender.

well by your basis if your talking about just stats, terry bradshaw is one of the worst QBs ever... yet hes a HOFer, why? because he won, just like vick did...

Maybe Bradshaw is a HOF because of the 4 superbowls hes won.....just a thought

Has Vick done that?....I didnt think so

Look my point is....people were always pointing fingers at whos at fault for the Falcons coming up short in the playoffs. To me it was simple, a 74 rating QB isnt going to get it done, Vick could run, but thats about it, he was too one deminsonal and didnt pose much of a threat throwing the ball, which makes him overrated as a QB!

2 playoff wins....big deal, they still never made it to the superbowl because of him!

Maybe Bradshaw is a HOF because of the 4 superbowls hes won.....just a thought

Has Vick done that?....I didnt think so

Look my point is....people were always pointing fingers at whos at fault for the Falcons coming up short in the playoffs. To me it was simple, a 74 rating QB isnt going to get it done, Vick could run, but thats about it, he was too one deminsonal and didnt pose much of a threat throwing the ball, which makes him overrated as a QB!

2 playoff wins....big deal, they still never made it to the superbowl because of him!

The Falcons were in the playoffs b/c of Vick. He didn't have great talent around him.

In '02 his RB tandem of Duckett and Dunn had under 4 YPC, Brian Finneran and Shawn Jefferson were his top WRs. In postseason his RB tandem's YPC went down to 3.3. In the reg season vick had almost 800 rushing yards on 6.9 YPC, in postseason he averaged 6.2.

In '04 Dunn & Duckett were much better averaging just under 4.4 but his top WRs to throw to were peerless price and Dez White.

Since Vick started his first couple of games in '01 his record as a starter is 38-28-1, the record of the other starters from '01-'06 was 9-20.

Yea you vick haters should keep to the off field issues because he played his position different than any other qb. His stats dont mean much.. He won and kept his team playing at a high level when he started. Please look up his teammates as well no real superstars.. It was the Atlanta Vicks

Back
Top Bottom