Must get this kid... and other offseason stuff | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Must get this kid... and other offseason stuff

Confusing post...how is Pouncey related to this thread about must get Barkley? just asking for clarification
My bad...should have reference Kdawg's post, was responding to him really on his feeling about Pouncey not being cut.

My bad...should have reference Kdawg's post, was responding to him really on his feeling about Pouncey not being cut.

Oh, ok...no problem my friend just trying to link the two and couldn't lol

As much as I hate the idea of RB's early, I would consider Barkley. He is an absolute complete back that can do everything Gase would want, and would open up the play calling a lot from where we are at now I think. But we still need an Oline before any of this matters. On top of that I don't think we will pick high enough to have a shot at him anyway. He is better than Zeke and I think he will go top 5. Insane strength for a guy with that much speed, and great character on top of it.

If we can't get Barkley then I'd probably draft two running backs between rounds 2-4 depending on what Drake shows in the second half of the season.

The one player in the entire draft that would have the single biggest impact on this team is Lamar Jackson. He's listed at 6-3 likely no shorter than 6-2 and he added 10 lbs of muscle this past offseason and he'll get even bigger to prepare for the draft and the pros....he's more advanced of a passer than Mike Vick was coming out, he's a star and we need a star! And he grew up in the area.
I’m with you 100%

We did create another hole but at least we got a draft pick to fill it. Granted it should have been a 3rd but RBs can be had later in the draft. And in all honesty Ajayi wasn't a great fit for Gase's offense. He never displayed the receiving ability to worked so hard on during the offseason. 3rd round seems to be a good round for a RB but there are some later round guys that are good too.

Kareem Hunt, Alvin Kamara and James Conner all went in the 3rd round in the past draft. Aaron Jones, who's doing extremely well for the Packers, was a 5th round pick. What this team needs is a true 3 down back. A guy that can run, block and catch. Kareem Hunt would have been perfect or even better a Dalvin Cook (who went in the 2nd) so that's what they need to look for. Barkley will be top 10, top 5 maybe...we won't be picking high enough to grab him.

Good RBs aren’t hard to find. There’s plenty of young ones drafted all over that are tearing the NFL up.

Hell it wouldn’t surprise me to see Drake play good when he gets more chances. No counting on it at all, but hey you never know.

The one player in the entire draft that would have the single biggest impact on this team is Lamar Jackson. He's listed at 6-3 likely no shorter than 6-2 and he added 10 lbs of muscle this past offseason and he'll get even bigger to prepare for the draft and the pros....he's more advanced of a passer than Mike Vick was coming out, he's a star and we need a star! And he grew up in the area.
I’d also be willing to use a 2nd or 3rd on Josh Allen..he’s a project but has unlimited potential and tools.

Will he last until the 2nd or 3rd round, and if he does, will he be OK with being a backup to Tannehill if he is able to come back?

Miami will need to get a QB in this coming draft, considering Tannehill is coming back from surgery, but if he is able to come back (Pretty probable), Tannehill will start, so Miami will absolutely not get a QB in the 1st, and probably not in the 2nd either.

I keep hearing everyone parrot that saquan is better than zeke....on par sure. Better? Idk about that.

Completely agree. I think he's the most talented back in this class. But I can't say that he's a better prospect than Leonard Fournette or Todd Gurley or Zeke Elliott. They were all just as fast and elusive, but more powerful.

Barkley has an odd field awareness about him where he always seems to step out of bounds or almost step out of bounds every single game on sure TD runs because he runs too close to the sideline.

Draft myths are more popular than people think. Misinformation is put out there for a reason and it's never too early for it. Like Derrius Guice being a better prospect than Fournette. I'll take that bet with anybody in the NFL and for whatever amount they want.

Last edited:
Behind a line like Dallas has a lessor back looks good. Zeke running behind our line would be fun ro watch.

Such a fallacy. Have your you even watched Dallas play this season? Their line wasn't blocking well until very recently. Zeke was often getting contacted behind the LOS. But the kid still makes yards after contact.

It's funny, when Zeke does well, it's because of the line and anybody could do the same. But when the holes weren't there and the line wasn't moving anyone off the ball, it's because Zeke sucks.

Elliott is a helluva back. He's a phenomenal runner between the tackles and outside as well. He's a very good pass catcher and he's a dynamite blocker both as a lead blocker and in pass pro.

Barkley has more speed and might be a tad better catching it, but he's not the blocker Zeke is nor does he run with more power or break more tackles. Did you see Barkley against a good Ohio State defensive line? He didn't break many tackles or make them miss. In the open field, he's tremendous though.

I like Zeke, tough runner in and outside but your kidding yourself if you think our line is in any way near theirs. Dak would be in a body cast on this team. And yes, I have watched Dallas pretty often as my best friend is a 'Boy for life I'm sorry to say.

I think Zeke had 113 yds before contact against the 'skins D. Our backs get hit at or near handoff at times.They're playing much better after shaking off some rust early in the season...watch them

Last edited:
Why not look a Sony Michelle out of UGA his number vs power 5 defenses are actually better than Barkley and he could be had in the 3rd.

Dude, you stole my thought. Sony Michel has it all. I love Nick Chubb but think Michel will be the better pro.

Back
Top Bottom