NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash

if you think this will pass with no reprocussion, you are mistaken

I didn't say that . . . there is going to be reprocussions . . . I don't think it is going to be as bad as some of the theories out there. The guy is a con artist. The U went to him and asked for evidence, he didin't provide them, the U reported the accusation anyway and have been cooperating with the NCAA ever since. This was over a year ago, when this Ponzi guy was first brought up. Now he is serving 20 years, has a book to sell and this same "con artist" is at it again, looking out for numero uno and willing to take down anything/everything in his path. Problem is . . .the guy has "zero" credibility.

The "serious" allegations happened beyond the statute of limitations. The U's last punishment happened in 1995, the death penalty calls for repeat violations within a 5 year span. Even if they trace back to 2002, that was 7 years later and its a moot point anyway because it is beyond the current statute of limiations.

Golden should just sit all of his players whose name is involved in any allegations until they are cleared. Combining everything, I'm confident Miami is going to get off with a slap on the wrist.

Now if they get banned for 10 years, or the death penalty, I would honestly be shocked, but I think that possibility is being blown out of proportion because of this story which has very little credibility. The one thing that can really hurt them is the testimony of former players. I guarantee 99% of them want nothing to do with bringing the U down . . . but you will get your bad apple ala Tyrone Moss who may have a grudge against the U.

We will see

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

They have asked to speak with Frank Haith and Frank Haith is already denying everything.

Expect denials across the board from any names involved, banking on their word over the word of a convicted felon.

I think the NCAA said 6 to 8 months . . . and they have been investigating for 5 months . . . so I'm expecting midseason. The NCAA president was just on ESPN radio doing and interview and said "the media is sensationalizing the story" and that they have been doing this investigation for 5 months.

That doesn't really effect my opinion of the story, but maybe the NCAA president telling folks to chill a bit with the media blowing things out of proportion should calm down some of the panic. The word "death penalty" is being thrown around alot and that just isn't the case.

Nothing will come of this. Miami and the NCAA have been working together on these allegations for a year now. Also, Paul Dee is the head of the NCAA infractions committee. Paul Dee was the AD at Miami at the time these supposed allegations happened.

What we have here is a butthurt, lying, con artist desperate for attention and money to pay off his massive bills. The guy swindled investors out 1 billion dollars. He's serving 20 years in a federal prison for it. He has no credibility. He's trying to sell a tell all book to help pay for the massive amount of money he owes. Nobody is interested in publishing the book, and if someone did, it would backfire on Shapiro in the form of defamation lawsuits. He claims he has evidence, but I'm not sure how any of the things he claims as evidence, are really evidence. Anybody can take a receipt of something they bought and claimed they gave it to someone. About the only evidence I imagine he'll have is players taking a ride on his yacht, or attending one his many parties.

Not only is the guy willing to lie for personal gain, he's doing it for revenge. The guy wanted to be somebody within the Miami football program. However, nobody wanted anything to do with the guy. Randy Shannon ran him off. I'd say it's a given that some players took some benefits, but it was minor stuff like yacht rides, parties, free meals, free suits. This also happened behind the schools back, and the coaching staff told this guy to stay away. It's not just the athletic program that Shapiro is butthurt about either, it's the whole university. He had a lounge named in his honor, they stripped his name from it after his conviction. They took all the money he donated and gave back to the people he stole it from. They completely turned their back on him.

To sum it all up, all of these allegations are about 90% lie, 10% truth based on a felon with a 20 year sentence trying to get money, attention, and a shortened prison sentence. Miami will get hit with a slap on the wrist, if anything at all. Not just because of the allegations and the guy doing the accusing, but because this doesn't involve any staff of the Miami Hurricanes, and our full cooperation with the NCAA for a year now. Our ties to Paul Dee can't hurt either.
Paul Dee laid the hammer on SC for a comparatively minuscule infraction. Anything less than the death penalty and he's out of a job.

Paul Dee laid the hammer on SC for a comparatively minuscule infraction. Anything less than the death penalty and he's out of a job.

A minuscule infraction? Giving a players parent a house, and then trying to cover it up isn't minuscule. People do realize it's not as much about violations as it is how the school is going is about it. Miami self reported these violations and are performing a joint investigation with the NCAA. This isn't OSU here. Nobody is lying to the NCAA and covering **** up.

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

I see Melbourne decided to side step my question of show me the evidence. Figures.

I'll be back later. Hopefully Melbourne will bring some substance to the thread and show me the evidence instead of taking personal jabs. Highly unlikely but we'll see.

ha ha, somebody butthurt? im done going back and forth with you....gonna be fun to see what happens as your program is run through the ringer

ha ha, somebody butthurt? im done going back and forth with you....gonna be fun to see what happens as your program is run through the ringer

Still waiting for a post showing evidence. There's a 90% fabricated yahoo story with plenty of pictures to go around. Go cherry pick and show me any of them that actually prove a violation.

you are the lone ranger in all of this, just purely hoping,wishing,and praying nothing happens.....get a dose of reality man....**** is going to happen and superfans like yourself have to swallow that pill...deal with it

you are the lone ranger in all of this, just purely hoping,wishing,and praying nothing happens.....get a dose of reality man....**** is going to happen and superfans like yourself have to swallow that pill...deal with it

Except that I never said nothing was going to happen and specifically said that games will be vacated, scholarships will be taken, suspensions will probably happen, and Clint Hurtt and Frank Haith will probably lose jobs. FSU education... But keep side stepping my question.

Back
Top Bottom