NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash

I've never seen anything like these before.... and I've been around college football for 40 years. Not even SMU.

Paul Dee is complicit in this too. Listen, Shapiro also owned a sports agency... yet the Miami program continued to let this guy have access to players and coaches, and continued to take his money to support the athletic department.

Whether this felon is credible or not isn't the point... the NCAA will find out how credible he is. This isn't good for Miami.

But tone down the mudslinging between rivals for a second here folks, this is a serious, serious problem with collegiate athletics as a whole.

If the NCAA was ever going to hand out the DP again, this is the best case I've seen to do it if all this turns out to be true. But you have the realize the death penalty has a negative effect on everybody, not just the guilty program. If the NCAA really wants to make a statement here, you make Miami BEG for the death penalty.

You hit 'em with 40-50 scholarships and a bowl ban for a few years, and force them to field a team full of walk-on to take their 52-7 beatings at the hands of rivals for all the world to see. UM is a private school, and it's going to be hard to find the walk-ons that can afford it anyway.

The death penalty is the last thing you want to levy on a program, but the THREAT of it has to be real.... as a means to deter this type of behavior. However, all that does is punish the people that had nothing to do with this. Most of the guilty involved are no longer within the program.

Which leads to my next point. Al Golden wasn't even informed that any of this was even out there during the interview process, and had no idea what he was getting himself into apparently. A good coach has suddenly found himself in a bad situation. That starts at the top.... the university has to be held accountable for that, just like they're to be held accountable for all these allegations if they're true.

Violations of this magnitude never take place without some of the higher ups in the athletic department knowing about it and looking the other way. That was the case at USC... it's the case at OSU even though Tressel fell on the sword... it was always the case at Auburn during the Pat Dye era... it was the case at SMU.

I think it's an extremely sad situation all around.... and it's a shame that the Miami fans are the one's that has to suffer (well... except for the few around here that are constantly accusing others of cheating, and screaming for other programs to get the death penalty for things that look like a parking ticket compared to what Miami is facing).

no need to deal with your "question"....the proof is in the pudding and you will see. your sig is so "cute" and you probably think wrestling is real

:lol: Tyrone Moss has deleted his facebook after some of the death threats being thrown around

Snitches get Stitches bro . . . don't think you can't get touched, even if you still think you are a somebody in Pompano.

In all seriousness . . . Slimm does make a point . . . the guy was wayyyy too close to this program, but this is going on all over the country and there are guys like this close to programs. What happened here is the guy got caught, Randy Shannon kept him away from the program and players after being put in charge and Shapiro seems to have a vengenance against the U now because of it.

The hated Randy Shannon and the statute of limitations may have helped the U more than anything else. Larry Coker was an absolute joke, I will continue to stress that.

and im sure cane and gator fans would be having a field day if this was FSU, vice versa

Yea they would, its all in good rivalry nature, but in the grand scheme, it is sad on so many levels. Hoping Miami gets the death penalty or a slap on the wrist is just covering up a greater problem in college sports.

Lebatard saying the pictures of course look bad from the football perspective but not the big picture. . . the biggest issue is the 10,000 payment to secure Dequan Jones in basketball and members of the basketball coaching staff at the strip club with this guy.

I dunno . . . Paul Dee I don't think will be involved in this, too close to the situation at hand.

No doubt some of this is true. But pictures don't mean a whole lot, you can draw your own conclusions from them.

Do the pictures of Julio and Trent Richardson at T-Town Menswear automatically mean there were violations?

I think we can pretty much agree that there needs to be some type of pay scale for collegiate athletes, ones at least in Division I. Of course it is wrong to take money/gifts from boosters, but what the NCAA fails to understand is what these players have been through, where they have lived, etc. Paying collegiate athletes would make college sports much more competitive, and while it wouldnt rid schools of these dirty boosters, it would most certainly clean it up a bit. Im not saying that they need to be paid millions of dollars, but most of us who have been to college, without the help of parents, know its tough financially.

No doubt some of this is true. But pictures don't mean a whole lot, you can draw your own conclusions from them.

Do the pictures of Julio and Trent Richardson at T-Town Menswear automatically mean there were violations?

T-Town Menswear supplies the suits for all the players to wear to the stadium on gameday... Nick Saban and Alabama's compliance department have a laser on everything... and for damn good reason. You have to.

What's interesting is the yahoo article doesn't even include ALL of the evidence Shapiro supposedly has, they only documented what they were able to verify.

When Miami "self-reported" this, their compliance department is only able to provide whatever evidence they have in their possession, or what they're willing to provide. The compliance department won't provide all the evidence that Shapiro has.

The other interesting thing is that Paul Dee is on the infractions committee, and apparently the most renegade program in the country was happening under his watch. He's absolutely complicit in this.

Back
Top Bottom