NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash

T-Town Menswear supplies the suits for all the players to wear to the stadium on gameday... Nick Saban and Alabama's compliance department have a laser on everything... and for damn good reason. You have to.

What's interesting is the yahoo article doesn't even include ALL of the evidence Shapiro supposedly has, they only documented what they were able to verify.

When Miami "self-reported" this, their compliance department is only able to provide whatever evidence they have in their possession, or what they're willing to provide. The compliance department won't provide all the evidence that Shapiro has.

The other interesting thing is that Paul Dee is on the infractions committee, and apparently the most renegade program in the country was happening under his watch. He's absolutely complicit in this.

The point is that Julio Jones was photographed in 16 different suits on days other than gameday, all from T-Town Menswear by the way....does that mean there are violations? No, it means people can draw whatever conclusions they want from photographs.

Hold on a second bro. First of all, the best cheaters are the guys who always win. While Im sure Bowden and Miles are great at cheating and paying players, (face it, neither one is very smart or has great coaching skill so obviously they are good at cheating) nobody out cheated Oregon and Auburn last season. Those 2 schools havent been that good in sometime. They shelled out some major cash to get those players. Who the **** would go to Oregon anyway? Nike is throwing down major cash up there.

And if you want to talk about teams who have been irrelevant since the 90's, start with the U ok. They need to get their money up and start cheating even harder than they have been if they want to get back into the picture. And now that they are going to get ***** slapped by the NCAA, I dont look for them to be able to cheat even as much as they have been lately so it wouldnt come as a surprise if they become beyond irrelevant for another decade or so until they can start full force cheating again.

ROLL TIDE!!!! Good cheater, best coach.... Saban *******.

Miami won a Nat'l Championship in 2001, played for one in 2002 and should've played for one in 2000....so they have been relevant in this century.

One thing I refuse to believe is that Randy Shannon's kids had any part in this lol.

There is NO WAY you can suck that bad if you're cheating. It's just not possible in my mind. Something is missing in that part of the story. Randy Shannon shouldn't have had a job in football period if he had any clue that some form of cheating was going on and still sucked as bad as he did. That's something I can't wrap my head around just doesn't seem logical. Usually, if you cheat, you win. That's how Ric Flair established such dominance in the NWA years. If you're Randy Shannon and you're cheating, shouldn't you at least make the conference title game ONCE?

Ive agreed with all of your posts in this thread until this one.

Remember.......... ALL the schools are cheating. Every single one of them is paying players. Some of them have to suck. Look at WVU. They ****ing BLOW. Theyre horrible. All they ever do is beat **** teams that 11 random FH members could play ironman against and beat. :lol: Believe me, there are teams that have been cheating harder than the U. Thats why the U has been getting destroyed. That and they have had a ****ty coach and no QB worth a ****. Kinda like the phins. :lol:

Get your ****ing money up Wig if you want the canes to win so bad. You arent paying the players enough. If you dont want to keep losing good players to UF, FSU, UCF, USF, and some even to WVU, then you need to outbid those schools for the player. Get your ****ing money up. You arent donating enough.

I will say the thing they were talking about on First Take this morning that makes this case with the U so bad compared to others is the part about administration fully knowing about all the ****. In most of these cases the administration of course knows about it, but they turn a blind eye so that when question they can "honestly" say they didnt know. From what that one guy thats on there a lot Michael Smith or whatever his name is was saying, they had members of administration actually looking over the checks and **** at the U. :lol:

And Dr. Slimm........... Bro............. Dont act like Alabama dosent cheat too. You know they do. They win on the reg dont they? C'mon man.

Is it still cheating if everyone does it?

73 paid players in nine years?

**** the arrogant arse "U" in a variety of *******s!

... This is more than a symptom of what's wrong with college football - this is a root cause!

Frankly, I'd be fine with the SMU-treatment in this case.

And Dr. Slimm........... Bro............. Dont act like Alabama dosent cheat too. You know they do. They win on the reg dont they? C'mon man.

Actually no, everyone doesn't cheat. It's the "casual" college football fans that have this perception. Collegiate athletics have gone from an image concern, to a full blown image crisis... and posts like yours only prove it.

Alabama has the best compliance department in the country, and Nick Saban has run a squeaky clean program everywhere he's been.

Every program in this country is ONE rogue booster from being labeled "cheaters". That doesn't always equate to the program cheating, they're just the one's that get punished because the system is broken... and nobody has any power over the culprits to punish them.

This situation with Miami, and situations like Butch Davis/John Blake, and situations like Auburn and their BOT's are different because you actually have coaches and regents involved.

I don't believe there's an "innocent" program in the country... anywhere. However, there's a BIG difference between rule bending here and there, and flat out lack of institutional control and blatant cheating.

Of course you would be.....youre bitter the acc didnt invite the sleezy mountaineers.

Sleezy?

We haven't been paying 73 players over the course of nine years.

The chickens have come home to roost, & I for one am LOVING it!

Again, of course you are because mountaineer fans are bitter they got left behind in the big least.

This is BLATANT ****ing cheating, and anyone who's still trying to tell themselves that this'll only result in a slap on the wrist is ****ing deluding themselves.

Will they get the death penalty? Probably not. But, if not now ... It'll never happen again.

The NCAA is faced with a MAJOR credibility issue here. Don't be shocked if it happens.

Where's the proof? I know, I know, convicted felons have SO much credibility. Pictures dont mean squat!

Again, of course you are because mountaineer fans are bitter they got left behind in the big least.

:lol: This really is laughable.

Did the departure of the turncoats hurt the Big East? You bet!

Am I biased against the "U" because of that? OK, that's a very fair (& correct) statement.

Am I scared of the mighty ACC? :lol: Get a clue.

However, this is about the supreme arrogance of a program that only became that because of a blatant lack of respect for the rules.

If you'd like to make this about my bias, that's fine. But, it still doesn't change the fact that I'm laughing at your boys. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom