NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash

T-Town Menswear supplies the suits for all the players to wear to the stadium on gameday... Nick Saban and Alabama's compliance department have a laser on everything... and for damn good reason. You have to.

What's interesting is the yahoo article doesn't even include ALL of the evidence Shapiro supposedly has, they only documented what they were able to verify.

When Miami "self-reported" this, their compliance department is only able to provide whatever evidence they have in their possession, or what they're willing to provide. The compliance department won't provide all the evidence that Shapiro has.

The other interesting thing is that Paul Dee is on the infractions committee, and apparently the most renegade program in the country was happening under his watch. He's absolutely complicit in this.

Hey Ted..
What do you know about the two meatheads we hired from Miami's staff.
Think Nick checked them out well enough?

I think we can pretty much agree that there needs to be some type of pay scale for collegiate athletes, ones at least in Division I. Of course it is wrong to take money/gifts from boosters, but what the NCAA fails to understand is what these players have been through, where they have lived, etc. Paying collegiate athletes would make college sports much more competitive, and while it wouldnt rid schools of these dirty boosters, it would most certainly clean it up a bit. Im not saying that they need to be paid millions of dollars, but most of us who have been to college, without the help of parents, know its tough financially.

yeah, if they dont allow them to work, give them a little bit of $. those of us who werent athletes in college had that right

Hey Ted..
What do you know about the two meatheads we hired from Miami's staff.
Think Nick checked them out well enough?

I'm not sure Namor... but they're both absolutely radioactive right now. They can't be allowed to touch anything until Mal Moore and Saban get to the bottom of it.

I think a face-to-face with Saban to find out what they knew about all this taking place is quite the understatement.

Edit: I will say this, it's pretty much boilerplate that coach's contracts now contain a clause stating whether or not they have knowledge of any violations at previous institutions. Neither one of these guys are worth the trouble or attention if Saban has to let 'em go. But either way, nothing they've done at Miami affects Alabama.

You just get rid of 'em to wash your hands of the stigma attached.

Last edited by a moderator:
The more I think about this, the funnier it gets. :lol:

The arrogant "U" soon to have their britches adjusted for cheating.

Karma is a *****. :lol:

Don't need to. No evidence aside from the words of 1 Miami player, Tyrone Moss. If you want to believe everything you here from Shapiro and Yahoo, go right ahead. We all seen how much BS was in that supposed damning article on OSU from Sports Illustrated.
OSU is still being investigated. Tags and cars are the subject of this past weeks hearings. Equipment for memorabilia is still pending.

the more I read about it, the more it looks like the U will get hammered. Unlike the Ohio State stuff, a lot of this is actually facts and not rumors

I have to agree with R&R that there is no proof. Credit card receipts don't have specifics and non incriminating photos mean nothing. I have no doubt that at least some of this is factual but it will be tough to prove.

I doubt we'll ever see another program get the death penalty but if I was a Canes fan, I would be worried about how Donna S handles this as well.

Gonna be real interesting to see how UF handles Aubrey Hill. If he's let go, look out.

Wow. It's on Fox News. The media is really blowing this up.

I'm not sure Namor... but they're both absolutely radioactive right now. They can't be allowed to touch anything until Mal Moore and Saban get to the bottom of it.

I think a face-to-face with Saban to find out what they knew about all this taking place is quite the understatement.

Edit: I will say this, it's pretty much boilerplate that coach's contracts now contain a clause stating whether or not they have knowledge of any violations at previous institutions. Neither one of these guys are worth the trouble or attention if Saban has to let 'em go. But either way, nothing they've done at Miami affects Alabama.

You just get rid of 'em to wash your hands of the stigma attached.

Same thing with Clint Hurtt up here at Louisville. The athletic department has said no comment but I guarantee that Charlie Strong and AD Tom Jurich are grilling Hurtt right now and getting to the bottom of this. Jurich is one of the best ADs in the country and he's no fool. I don't think much of anything happened here with Hurtt and recruits. I don't think Louisville has any super rich boosters with enough interest in the football program to do something like this. Now for basketball, maybe...

Jimbo Fisher learned from the best. Bobby Bowden and Les Miles. Best cheaters that is. I'm sure Terry Bowden wasn't too clean himself. Runs in the family I guess. Can't forget Nick Saban either, who Jimbo accused himself of cheating. Teams who have been irrelevant since the 90s don't miraculously pull in top recruits. Hence why FSU was caught cheating in 2009.

Hold on a second bro. First of all, the best cheaters are the guys who always win. While Im sure Bowden and Miles are great at cheating and paying players, (face it, neither one is very smart or has great coaching skill so obviously they are good at cheating) nobody out cheated Oregon and Auburn last season. Those 2 schools havent been that good in sometime. They shelled out some major cash to get those players. Who the **** would go to Oregon anyway? Nike is throwing down major cash up there.

And if you want to talk about teams who have been irrelevant since the 90's, start with the U ok. They need to get their money up and start cheating even harder than they have been if they want to get back into the picture. And now that they are going to get ***** slapped by the NCAA, I dont look for them to be able to cheat even as much as they have been lately so it wouldnt come as a surprise if they become beyond irrelevant for another decade or so until they can start full force cheating again.

ROLL TIDE!!!! Good cheater, best coach.... Saban *******.

I'd say a booster supplying players with yacht rides, free crab legs and suits behind the schools back is no more serious than a school committing academic fraud to keep athletes academically eligible, in 10 different athletic programs.

Dude, EVERY school has to cheat to keep the athletes academically elidible. At least half of the athletes Im sure. Have you ever spoken to some of these dudes? I knew players at WVU who could barely ****ing read and they were making better grades than smart people.

Back
Top Bottom