NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash

And this guy claim's to be a hardcore cane's fan but yet he's gonna let his fellow fans suffer screw him he deserves to be behind bars.

Perhaps most troubling is Shapiro’s sustained impropriety could trigger the NCAA’s “willful violations” exception to its four-year statute of limitations. Under bylaw 36.2.3, an investigation can expand beyond the statute if information reveals that an individual tied to a university has engaged in “a pattern of willful violations” over a sustained period beyond the previous four years.

from yahoo article

Biggest loophole here is that the violations were self-reported over a year ago. This really isn't anything new that Miami wasn't already prepared for. All of these people that took money from this dude and knowingly violated rules are no longer at Miami. Now that's not a "pass" if you will. But with a careful high-wire act, Miami officials can maneuver around this this piece of the problem.

either way, something bad is on the horizon

I don't think it's good. Investigations into matters such as these typically aren't. Like I said, the Statute of Limitations might be our saving grace. We'll see. Not sure how long this is going to take. I haven't really heard anything from anyone as everything is very tight-lip right now.

But if we get hammered I won't be shocked and if we walk away without anything happening I can't say I wouldn't be shocked. Pendulum can swing either way very quickly.

I wonder how much K2 was paid for this catch?

[video=youtube;bi-NRheb7lE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi-NRheb7lE[/video]

:lol: That was the first thing that popped into my mind.

... The second was: Soooooo, that's how Miami produced so many 1st rounders. :bobdole:

I don't think it's good. Investigations into matters such as these typically aren't. Like I said, the Statute of Limitations might be our saving grace. We'll see. Not sure how long this is going to take. I haven't really heard anything from anyone as everything is very tight-lip right now.

But if we get hammered I won't be shocked and if we walk away without anything happening I can't say I wouldn't be shocked. Pendulum can swing either way very quickly.

You pretty much have a grip on it. Between the statue of limitations and Miami reporting violations over a year ago . . . that all but secures them from any kind of "death penalty" talk. Combine the fact that this is all coming from a convicted felon, it doesn't make him very credible at all.

Did this stuff happen, of course it did . . . it happens everywhere, lets not kid ourselves here, but there are some things going in Miami's favor that could get them off with a "slap on the wrist".

The article is bad, but remember who it is coming from. A guy who is serving a 20 year federal prison sentence. Credibility is at an all time low here. Infamous testimony from former players is the big thing that could damage here . . . . hopefully these "Tyrone Moss" characters stay behind closed doors. I would be worried for guys like that anyway, I don't think you want some of these Miami "goons" finding out you snitched on the beloved Hurricane program and caused them to suffer for an extended period of time. Not something I would want to deal with personally.

Whatever decision is made, you best believe the NCAA will factor in what the potential financial ramifications it will have on them. Which is part of the problem anyway.

And **** Larry Coker . . . that guy didn't have a clue . . . on the field with his players/coaches or off the field with them.

One thing I refuse to believe is that Randy Shannon's kids had any part in this lol.

There is NO WAY you can suck that bad if you're cheating. It's just not possible in my mind. Something is missing in that part of the story. Randy Shannon shouldn't have had a job in football period if he had any clue that some form of cheating was going on and still sucked as bad as he did. That's something I can't wrap my head around just doesn't seem logical. Usually, if you cheat, you win. That's how Ric Flair established such dominance in the NWA years. If you're Randy Shannon and you're cheating, shouldn't you at least make the conference title game ONCE?

Maybe you need to share some of the cautious optimism with the rest of cane nation.....the radio shows are a bloodbath today....and lmao, uncle luke is gonna be on 790 soon

One thing I refuse to believe is that Randy Shannon's kids had any part in this lol.

There is NO WAY you can suck that bad if you're cheating. It's just not possible in my mind. Something is missing in that part of the story. Randy Shannon shouldn't have had a job in football period if he had any clue that some form of cheating was going on and still sucked as bad as he did. That's something I can't wrap my head around just doesn't seem logical. Usually, if you cheat, you win. That's how Ric Flair established such dominance in the NWA years. If you're Randy Shannon and you're cheating, shouldn't you at least make the conference title game ONCE?
Just goes to show you how bad Randy was as a Head Coach.
Chubbs

Maybe you need to share some of the cautious optimism with the rest of cane nation.....the radio shows are a bloodbath today....and lmao, uncle luke is gonna be on 790 soon

Hell they went bananas over the "first preseason game" . . . do you expect any less? When the Heat went on a 3 game losing streak, some fans were suicidal. That is South Florid for you . . . when anything breaks, lets panic, panic, panic.

It is going to look bad, the article was bad . . . but the guy is a certified liar and offers absolutely ZERO credibility. The thing that is going to hurt them, more than anything, is former players willing to testify against the U and supporting this guy. And I think anybody willing to do that better watch their back 24/7 for the rest of their lives. They don't want those stressed troubles.

Just goes to show you how bad Randy was as a Head Coach.
Chubbs

Yea, but Randy didn't want anything to do with the guy, and that is part of this "vengenance" that this guy has. He has been for the most part kept away from the program for several years . . . he still got to some players, but nothing like the times between 2002 and 2006. He ran wild during Larry Coker's tenure.

Hell they went bananas over the "first preseason game" . . . do you expect any less? When the Heat went on a 3 game losing streak, some fans were suicidal. That is South Florid for you . . . when anything breaks, lets panic, panic, panic.

It is going to look bad, the article was bad . . . but the guy is a certified liar and offers absolutely ZERO credibility. The thing that is going to hurt them, more than anything, is former players willing to testify against the U and supporting this guy. And I think anybody willing to do that better watch their back 24/7 for the rest of their lives. They don't want those stressed troubles.

if you think this will pass with no reprocussion, you are mistaken

Back
Top Bottom