Need New Runningback | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Need New Runningback

How much money is MJD actually going to require? I think an MJD/Miller combo would be a lot of fun to watch if we can get our **** together on the offensive line. On that same note, is there any way Oakland lets Jennings get away? He's looked great late this year.

New running back? Nah, we are all set with Dana Thomas and Lame Miller. Oh, and then there's Mike Giveyoutheslippeee. Holy cow these guys blow.

Lamar Miller is a fine offensive weapon.
First the obvious: Our offensive line issues. Miller still managed 4 yards a carry this season behind that, and IMO that deserves respect for his hard running.
Second: If we all generally agree that Sherman couldn't figure out how to properly use Reggie Bush, that makes it difficult to grade out Miller.

As far as DT goes, in my mind he's just a bad quarterback with no leg strength.

Other than OL, this [RB] is our most pressing need.

It's up there. But considering how bad we were on 3rd and long, I'm thinking a cover corner is a more pressing need. Giving up first downs on third and long not only kill the team's spirit, they tire out the defense. I'd like to go into next season feeling reasonably sure that on 3rd & 17 we're going to get out offense back onto the field. This year, I had no confidence in that at all.

It's up there. But considering how bad we were on 3rd and long, I'm thinking a cover corner is a more pressing need. Giving up first downs on third and long not only kill the team's spirit, they tire out the defense. I'd like to go into next season feeling reasonably sure that on 3rd & 17 we're going to get out offense back onto the field. This year, I had no confidence in that at all.

Many of those throws weren't on Carroll or Grimes but were on the safeties or the linebackers. We definitely need to re-sign Grimes or replace him, but it would be ridiculous to spend some of our limited resources on a position where we drafted two players highly. If we have to spend our only resources on this position, we've lost anyway, so we need to focus on getting better at other positions where young talent isn't waiting in the wings.

Been looking at the FA RBs and I see 2 that are interesting and could fit here with Miller. John Kuhn, who will probably be resigned by GB, and I know I am going to hear it from a lot of you because he is always hurt, but I wouldn't be opposed to Darren McFadden. I doubt the Raiders resign him and with his injury issues, I don't think he will be overly expensive. If he could stay healthy, he is a good power runner. Always liked him.

Been looking at the FA RBs and I see 2 that are interesting and could fit here with Miller. John Kuhn, who will probably be resigned by GB, and I know I am going to hear it from a lot of you because he is always hurt, but I wouldn't be opposed to Darren McFadden. I doubt the Raiders resign him and with his injury issues, I don't think he will be overly expensive. If he could stay healthy, he is a good power runner. Always liked him.

I'd be cool with taking a flyer on McFadden if he didn't break the bank...

I agree with Skape. We need a power running back who can break arm tackles, and can hold his own in pass pro.

I'm in too,we cant keep putting off getting a power back.Last year the first 3 out of 4 were on the defensive side.Time to flip it around.We need to lean on the offensivie side in this draft. Oline, RB, TE in this draft.

I bet Mark Ingram can pick up a blitz,unlike our two RB's,whom seem to even not be able to get in the way of a pass rusher.

I have to retract my earlier statement. Is Mark Ingram all he can be? Did he live up to the hype? Hell no. But he can at least pick up a blitz and run hard. Better than what we have for sure.

I haven't given up hope for Lamar Miller. I think we need to find an offensive coordinator that's going to use him more like Darren Sproles though. Mix it up a bit and create mismatches. (Something Sherman seems incapable of doing.)

If only the Dolphins believed in running the ball and attempts. Right now, its playing dividends for the Packers...Oh Well!

Legarrette Blount is the answer. show him some nice money that BB wont give.

He would be used more in Nov. and Dec. in bad weather and as a horse who can get you a first down, TD at the GL.

Legarrette Blount is the answer. show him some nice money that BB wont give.

He would be used more in Nov. and Dec. in bad weather and as a horse who can get you a first down, TD at the GL.

Not that they are the banner of an NFL franchise, but don't you think that if Blount was the answer to everything at RB, he never would have been traded by the Bucs for nothing after they had to spend a 1st rounder to replace him? Blount does have talent, but he failed to do a lot of small things that NFL backs need to do and one thing he actually really struggled at in Tampa was in short yardage - this despite his size. Bellichek has gotten the best out of him, but that doesn't mean anyone else will. Bellichek gets the best out of players are our staff.....doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom