Need New Runningback | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Need New Runningback

I don't think Ireland identifies RBs or Oline well. So I wouldn't get too excited about what we go after. Still can't believe we took DT over Demarco. Zac Stacy was an obvious steal last year. Lamar has potential to be decent, but he's on a lesser tier of comparable UM backs. Ben Tate is going to be pricey, but he might be worth pursuing. Not sure we have the cap flexibility to make any FA moves.

Demarco Murray is made of glass. I don't think taking DT was that great of a pick, he seemed to be picked because he ran like Ronnie Brown lite and the original (who was better) wasn't even good enough or he would have still been here, but as talented as Murray is he is held back by inability to stay on the field.

Perfect example of the type of running back I want is Frank Gore..

Demarco Murray is made of glass. I don't think taking DT was that great of a pick, he seemed to be picked because he ran like Ronnie Brown lite and the original (who was better) wasn't even good enough or he would have still been here, but as talented as Murray is he is held back by inability to stay on the field.
No question his injuries are a concern, but even taking that into consideration he vastly outproduces anyone we have on the roster and is in the midst of a monster year. Not to mention if his health continues to hold up as it has this year then he's got an elite back ceiling. No one in their right mind wouldn't rather have Demarco Murray than Daniel Thomas.

For all those saying we need to address the O-line first, you do realize that a good GM can address multiple positions in an offseason right? Yes, we understand, the o-line needs to be fixed. We get it. Doesn't mean it's the only area that needs to be fixed. Thomas is injury-prone and generally sucks and Miller will never be an every down back. A good o-line doesn't change those facts.

For all those saying we need to address the O-line first, you do realize that a good GM can address multiple positions in an offseason right? Yes, we understand, the o-line needs to be fixed. We get it. Doesn't mean it's the only area that needs to be fixed. Thomas is injury-prone and generally sucks and Miller will never be an every down back. A good o-line doesn't change those facts.

Problem with that: we don't have a good GM.

Merry Christmas, folks.

Problem with that: we don't have a good GM.

Merry Christmas, folks.
Dude, he just needs 6 more years to finally get that offensive line under wraps. Or at least 1 more position. 6 years and we have Pouncey. 6 more and we have another position on the line covered. That's a start! Obviously, this is requires not addressing any other position on the team. Stay focused!

A great RB can make a bad or mediocre line look better. Problem with our team is that we are looking for 4 oline players. It will be tough to find 4 quality starters. We will be fortunate to find 2 out of 4.
Hopefully our new GM (hoping for a change) can make all those picks count and find a RB in the middle rounds that can compliment Miller.
There might be a free agent available that would be an upgrade over DT and Gillisee that still has some game left as a stop gap.

Dude, he just needs 6 more years to finally get that offensive line under wraps. Or at least 1 more position. 6 years and we have Pouncey. 6 more and we have another position on the line covered. That's a start! Obviously, this is requires not addressing any other position on the team. Stay focused!

Agreed, I think we need to give Ireland at least 8 more years to rebuild this team.

Half the sacks were directly caused by whiffed blocks by the RBs. RBs are absolutely part of the problem here...

TE'S. why have a guy block you had no confidence in in miller to begin with? egnew and sims are your blockers....albeit sims whiffed a couple times himself. rookie.

We need to draft or sign a dynamic Runningback who can break some tackles and convert on short yardage. Other than OL, this is our most pressing need. When Tannehill has support from the running game, we usually win.

Which RBs would you target in the draft that would fill this need?

Ireland has drafted a RB 3 years straight...trading up for two of them in Daniel Thomas and Lamar Miller. Maybe he'll trade up for another one this year.

Ka'Deem Carey is going to be a star in the NFL and he can be had in the second round. I agree with a lot of the people saying we need o-line first…but given our track record with addressing o-line via draft, maybe I'd rather us sign free agent lineman (although we can't seem to do that either).

Anyway, just wanted to mention that I love Carey.

Back
Top Bottom