Need New Runningback | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Need New Runningback

Hows a bout a running back, a full back....and if its not too much to add, an offensive coordinator?

Linebacker-Dion Jordan in Wheeler's place. Draft o-line and running back

We need to draft or sign a dynamic Runningback who can break some tackles and convert on short yardage. Other than OL, this is our most pressing need. When Tannehill has support from the running game, we usually win.

Which RBs would you target in the draft that would fill this need?

And LBs.

my bigger issue with our RBs is they can't block to save their lives. DT was directly responsible for 3 sacks yesterday, and I think between he and Miller our RBs may have given up 10 sacks this year.

Need new running backs. Plural. None of the three guys on the team have justified coming back, although I imagine Miller will. But none of them can block and Miller, for all his speed, doesn't look really natural going out for a pass or finding a hole. Honestly, I wish we'd have found a way to keep Reggie Bush.

I wouldn't be invoking the name R.Bush. He has a much better O-line in Detroit and isn's doing that much better their than he was here. Sooooo thats that!

I bet Mark Ingram can pick up a blitz,unlike our two RB's,whom seem to even not be able to get in the way of a pass rusher.

Id like to go pack 9 months and resign Bush like we should have done to begin with. Said it then I will say it now, a QB's best friend is a running game. Marino never had one. Elway would have never won a thing without TD. Tannehill had one right at the start of his career to lean on and we let it walk away. We are seemingly incapable of having both.

I have tried to defend Ireland recently and tried to stay positive but the team just keeps shooting itself in the foot and it is getting old. The free agent moves he made this past year have all failed. Dansby having a career year while Ellerbe struggles. Wheeler looks lost 16 weeks in. Wallace and Tannehill still not connecting. Keller and Gibson on IR. Bush lighting it up in Detroit. Long anchoring St. Louis line. Clabo a joke at the beginning of the year, still not great. Wait we did land Grimes and he is fantastic so ill give Ireland that one, but I am about 99 percent positive they let him walk in the off season because that seems to be the trend.

Philbin and Croyle can stay another year, Sherman and Ireland need to go.

Bush was great for us last year its our coaches fault they didn't give him the ball enough especially in the passing game. 1500 total yards of offense in Detroit this year with one more game to go. Miller has 800 yards in 1 more game played. Yea our line is bad but our line has been bad for years now and yet Bush found ways to make plays for us.
Recieving
2013 Detroit Lions 13 49 473 9.7 36.4 77T 2 4 1 21 0
2012 Miami Dolphins 16 35 292 8.3 18.2 25 2 2 0 14 0

Rushing
Year Team G Att Att/G Yds Avg Yds/GTD Lng 1st 1st% 20+ 40+ FUM
2013 Detroit Lions 13 209 16.1 974 4.7 74.9 4 39 44 21.1 6 0 5
2012 Miami Dolphins 16 227 14.2 986 4.3 61.6 6 65T 43 18.9 6 2 4

Millers Numbers this year
G GS Att Yds Avg Lng TD Rec Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost
2013 Miami Dolphins 15 14 160 636 4.0 49 2 25 166 6.6 22 0 1 1

I miss Reggie.

Want a good running game? Other than fixing the o-line (of course), the main obstacle is Philbin, and to a lesser extent, Ireland. Miami had a decent running game. 3rd and short? Give it to Polite for an automatic 1st down. Philbin comes in and wants short timing routes that will take the place of the running game. I'm not saying that they should have kept Reggie, but IMO Philbin will never place any importance on the running game. How many times was the running game okay this year, but they went away from it? For as much as I don't like Sherman, I blamed him for that. But, during an interview earlier in the year he hinted that he wanted to keep running but Philbin said no. Philbin neutered the running game. He did nothing to change up the o-line when everyone saw it was a problem. They were so bad that switching a player or two could not have made it any worse, but Philbin refused any personnel changes until after that meeting with Ross.

An earlier poster in this thread stated that good teams can run the ball and stop the run. We all see how Miami can no longer run the ball. Originally posted by someone else were some interesting defensive stats. In 2011 Miami was 3rd against the run. In 2012, Philbin and Coyle change the defensive front 7 scheme and Miami drops to 13th against the run. In 2013, Ireland changes LBs, and now they're 23rd against the run (although this may not be accurate as of today).

Philbin doesn't care about the o-line or the running game, and Ireland is poor at drafting OL and RB. They're a perfect match!

Trade Thomas for a 5th hopefully. Draft Alfred Blue (LSU) as his replacement.

Getting Prosch from Auburn as a FB would also upgrade the running game.

Trade Thomas for a 5th hopefully. Draft Alfred Blue (LSU) as his replacement.

Getting Prosch from Auburn as a FB would also upgrade the running game.

Lol, Thomas won't fetch any draft picks... They guy does nothing well. He is just a body.

I don't think so. We can't afford to waste our picks on RB's. We need OL and LB's...not RB's. If we had a decent line, the RB's would be fine...

We also NEED a DT. Is on the same priority level as OT!!! Our DT's suck at filling lanes for stopping the run!!!!

I can't figure out how you guys are even wasting keystrokes to talk about or put down our RB's. Did you even watch the game yesterday???? Tannehill was sacked like 87 times!!! Hit constantly before he could even find his first read. Who on earth do you think in this league you could hand the ball to in that and them gain success??? Spending a single dollar on a RB right now would be the stupidest move in the world (which means Ireland will probably do it). You can't do anything when the line plays like they did. They got severely exposed and so did Sherman. HE is the problem and why teams are not afraid to come after Ryan. They know what is coming, and even when they don't they know it's not going to be anything innovative or surprising. It's very frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom