New forum went live May 8th - (Finally Tapatalk will no longer be needed.) | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New forum went live May 8th - (Finally Tapatalk will no longer be needed.)

It seems like I was logged out on all my devices. I have it set to keep me logged in. It seemed to do so for the first few days, but starting yesterday, I had to re-login on each device.
keep me updated, there are some settings
Still no option to view in threaded mode. Very frustrating have to scroll through endless posts in linear view. Please add back threaded view options, or at least hybrid view at a minimum.
Yeah, it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Perhaps there is an Addon out there, or Xen2.0 (whenever it's actually going live) but according to the stuff I've been able to find on a threaded view, Fiheaven won't have one.

I seriously wouldn't expect threaded mode. Not only does it create a lot of challenges technically, it interferes with the interface and often gets in the way of what people want to do (think multi-quote and requiring activation of QR). IMO, it's not worth compromising it for a view that probably isn't even going to be that good if it's rarely used
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/no-thanks-threaded-mode.495/

keep me updated, there are some settings

Yeah, it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Perhaps there is an Addon out there, or Xen2.0 (whenever it's actually going live) but according to the stuff I've been able to find on a threaded view, Fiheaven won't have one.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/no-thanks-threaded-mode.495/

That sucks. Probably will limit my replying to threads because there is nothing worse than having to scroll through pages in order to keep up with a conversation. Especially when one thread opens up several sub thread conversations inside of it. Even more so when threads are moved or combined. Then there are gameday threads. No thanks. Zero interest in having to scroll through 30 pages of posts in order to find something of interest.

That sucks. Probably will limit my replying to threads because there is nothing worse than having to scroll through pages in order to keep up with a conversation. Especially when one thread opens up several sub thread conversations inside of it. Even more so when threads are moved or combined. Then there are gameday threads. No thanks. Zero interest in having to scroll through 30 pages of posts in order to find something of interest.

"Go to First Unread" next to the page selector makes multi pages threads a little easier to deal with. But threading is something that the new forums do not support.

How do I get to the front page with all the news and stuff not just the forums? And also the first day it launched there was a chat available that enabled me to talk to anybody who was on the site at that time...what happened to that?

Chat is an added benefit of being a VIP member. To get it back click on your profile and then Upgrade Account.

Personally? I think that fh is miles better than it has ever been

Two Step Authentication is pretty high tech!
Now, I know my account is protected from rogue jets or pats fans trying to break in! :eek::eek:

Any word on the white background or the increasing-the-posts-per-page feature?
it's a per board option with xenforo. It makes sure everyone has the same settings so if I tell you check the third page, it'll be my third page, it'll be your third page, it'll be everybody's third page. I did however bump the per page messages from 40-50.

For everyone, I think you need to understand that the board is functioning as intended, while I appreciate that everyone has preferences, as long as the board is functioning as intended, we aren't going to chase down every setting to try to make everyone happy.

Sometimes its like chasing two (scratch that... a ton of) chickens....
Increasing the posts makes some people happy... Others are getting pissed that it takes a little longer to load and they have to scroll more...
The same goes for pretty much everything that we do... We obviously can't make 100% of our users happy with the changes.. But I think that a great majority is happy with the change. We are almost done with the forum part. Then you can start "commenting" on the Front Page...

@Wildbill3 and myself has spent a ridiculous amount of time tweaking the new forum (and are not quite done yet). We are NOT switching back to the old way of doing things.

It is fantastic...I like it more everytime I get on. Many things are a lot easier to do on this new forum, the mobile aspect is much better...almost night and day.

Sometimes its like chasing two (scratch that... a ton of) chickens....
Increasing the posts makes some people happy... Others are getting pissed that it takes a little longer to load and they have to scroll more...
The same goes for pretty much everything that we do... We obviously can't make 100% of our users happy with the changes.. But I think that a great majority is happy with the change. We are almost done with the forum part. Then you can start "commenting" on the Front Page...

@Wildbill3 and myself has spent a ridiculous amount of time tweaking the new forum (and are not quite done yet). We are NOT switching back to the old way of doing things.

I have chickens and I can vouch for Henrik.....this is not an easy task! :D

Sorry, guys. Any forum I visit regularly that insists on not providing a white background for reading text is pretty much out the door. Good luck to you, fellas, though - it's been a long run! The rest of the site looks great.

Sorry, guys. Any forum I visit regularly that insists on not providing a white background for reading text is pretty much out the door. Good luck to you, fellas, though - it's been a long run! The rest of the site looks great.
You do realize that the new site looks like the old one right?

Screenshot_20170519-144913_zpsd3q3eljq.png

Erm... how white does it need to be?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom