New jerseys described as "sweet," "fierce", "futuristic." | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New jerseys described as "sweet," "fierce", "futuristic."

I am still trying to figure out why the dolphin was posed that way.
Is the dolphin doing a belly flop or submerged under the ocean looking up to get some air?
Just another example of an attempt at progressive thinking that goes against the tried and true.
Change for changes sake.

I am still trying to figure out why the dolphin was posed that way.
Is the dolphin doing a belly flop or submerged under the ocean looking up to get some air?
Just another example of an attempt at progressive thinking that goes against the tried and true.
Change for changes sake.

Excellent post. I'm reminded of this quote:

“There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction” -- Winston Churchill

The Dolphin forums have been overrun by a small but persistent group of posters who rely on two themes:

* Anyone who opposes the logo is simply resistant to change
* Our vintage logo is embarrassingly juvenile and is a laughingstock among other fanbases

They act as if they keep repeating it enough, some weight will attach.

I'm hardly a tradition-only type. If we improved the logo substantially I'd be among the first to celebrate and salute. But it simply wasn't the favorite. Our front office lacks brilliance, and the recent NFL logo changes have been lame, IMO. I can't think of an excellent one from the mid-'90s forth, when Carolina and Jacksonville came into the league. Both of those are overly complicated and therefore forgettable. Likewise with the Ravens. Tampa Bay improved the color scheme but not necessarily the logo. New England's Elvis is mediocre, IMO. Again, the color scheme saves it. I thought the old center hiking the ball was a terrific logo other than it simply had grown too large, overwhelming the helmet.

Worst change of all was the Oilers franchise, abandoning the great oil derrick in favor of whatever that current thing is, some type of swoosh. A poor man's Nike. I can't even get myself to look at it. Not worth it.

Previously, Houston's derrick fit the top requirement of a logo...distinct and successfully sketched in 5-10 seconds.

Excellent post. I'm reminded of this quote:

“There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction” -- Winston Churchill

The Dolphin forums have been overrun by a small but persistent group of posters who rely on two themes:

* Anyone who opposes the logo is simply resistant to change
* Our vintage logo is embarrassingly juvenile and is a laughingstock among other fanbases

They act as if they keep repeating it enough, some weight will attach.

I'm hardly a tradition-only type. If we improved the logo substantially I'd be among the first to celebrate and salute. But it simply wasn't the favorite. Our front office lacks brilliance, and the recent NFL logo changes have been lame, IMO. I can't think of an excellent one from the mid-'90s forth, when Carolina and Jacksonville came into the league. Both of those are overly complicated and therefore forgettable. Likewise with the Ravens. Tampa Bay improved the color scheme but not necessarily the logo. New England's Elvis is mediocre, IMO. Again, the color scheme saves it. I thought the old center hiking the ball was a terrific logo other than it simply had grown too large, overwhelming the helmet.

Worst change of all was the Oilers franchise, abandoning the great oil derrick in favor of whatever that current thing is, some type of swoosh. A poor man's Nike. I can't even get myself to look at it. Not worth it.

Previously, Houston's derrick fit the top requirement of a logo...distinct and successfully sketched in 5-10 seconds.

The Houston Texans logo is probably one of the better logos to come about in the past 20 years. Are you referring to the Titans? Because they have an awful logo.

570599525_39915d3926-1.jpg

Who really cares if they change the uniforms? We haven't won squat since they changed them in the 90s and not all of us were even alive before the 90s to witness the 70s/80s dolphins. Look at all the college programs changing their uniforms with much richer history. Quite frankly it is certainly time for a change and we have no current significant attachment to our old uniforms unless your an old timer trying to re live evens that happened over 40 years ago.

Hmm. Hearing a LOT of chatter around the entire uniform (jersey and pants) being almost entirely white, with aqua numbers...and BLACK used a lot for outlines on the jersey numbers and helmets! Orange is barely anywhere, to the point the ring on the helmet is one of the only spots.

i don't understand the black thing...perhaps it's navy blue that seems black next to the white of everything?

Number font undergoing major change as well. Certainly a white uniform with aqua accents, black outlines, and almost no orange with a newer number font fits the "futuristic" description.

I really thought they were going traditional with the uniforms but I guess that may not be the case. Dying to see what this looks like and reserving judgement for now.

I think it would be cool if they made the helmets aqua (they said white face masks but not white helmets) with a orange stripe down the middle, with the logo being translucent like some the the Oregon Ducks helmets. That would be pretty sweet, and innovative.

What about placing a dorsal fin on the helmet? lol

imagesqtbnANd9GcRhE_2wKWekd1QEgdUPV4GLx3-1.jpg

I don't understand. Are we letting Nike do our jerseys like what Seattle did last year? I thought it was just a little mod we were going for. And all these words used to describe these jersey is really ****ing up my perception of what is to come.

Hmm. Hearing a LOT of chatter around the entire uniform (jersey and pants) being almost entirely white, with aqua numbers...and BLACK used a lot for outlines on the jersey numbers and helmets! Orange is barely anywhere, to the point the ring on the helmet is one of the only spots.

i don't understand the black thing...perhaps it's navy blue that seems black next to the white of everything?

Number font undergoing major change as well. Certainly a white uniform with aqua accents, black outlines, and almost no orange with a newer number font fits the "futuristic" description.

I really thought they were going traditional with the uniforms but I guess that may not be the case. Dying to see what this looks like and reserving judgement for now.

You're hearing that chatter in this forum. From me.

I will reserve judgement, but from what I'm hearing, I don't like the direction.

The thing that confuses me as that Dee has been touting "old school" for awhile, but it seems like everything will be a dramatic departure from anything in dolphins' history. I for one will mourn the loss of orange if it is greatly reduced in the uniforms.
There really isn't much orange on them now. I like the orange too and hope the new jerseys have more of it, but I'm not sure what you're getting at with the loss of orange thing.

There really isn't much orange on them now. I like the orange too and hope the new jerseys have more of it, but I'm not sure what you're getting at with the loss of orange thing.

Currently there is an orange stripe down the pants, orange stripes around the sleeves, orange around the numbers and orange stripe on the helmet. From the sounds of that, those will all be gone. That is a loss of orange.

Back
Top Bottom