New jerseys described as "sweet," "fierce", "futuristic." | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New jerseys described as "sweet," "fierce", "futuristic."

Excellent post. I'm reminded of this quote:

“There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction” -- Winston Churchill

The Dolphin forums have been overrun by a small but persistent group of posters who rely on two themes:

* Anyone who opposes the logo is simply resistant to change
* Our vintage logo is embarrassingly juvenile and is a laughingstock among other fanbases

They act as if they keep repeating it enough, some weight will attach.

I'm hardly a tradition-only type. If we improved the logo substantially I'd be among the first to celebrate and salute. But it simply wasn't the favorite. Our front office lacks brilliance, and the recent NFL logo changes have been lame, IMO. I can't think of an excellent one from the mid-'90s forth, when Carolina and Jacksonville came into the league. Both of those are overly complicated and therefore forgettable. Likewise with the Ravens. Tampa Bay improved the color scheme but not necessarily the logo. New England's Elvis is mediocre, IMO. Again, the color scheme saves it. I thought the old center hiking the ball was a terrific logo other than it simply had grown too large, overwhelming the helmet.

Worst change of all was the Oilers franchise, abandoning the great oil derrick in favor of whatever that current thing is, some type of swoosh. A poor man's Nike. I can't even get myself to look at it. Not worth it.

Previously, Houston's derrick fit the top requirement of a logo...distinct and successfully sketched in 5-10 seconds.

In the running for best uniforms of all time.

warren_moon-1.jpg

Hopefully the new logo and unis sell some tickets.

I want orange and green stripes on the helmet in the same pattern as the Cincinnati Bengals. Plus I want all black uniforms because it will look cool with those neato helmets.
Get used to it.
I am right and all the rest of you are wrong...

sarc

Back
Top Bottom