Next Dolphin Hall of Famer | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next Dolphin Hall of Famer

Stallworth is only in because of Swann's speech the year before.

Irvin, Reed, Monk are 3 off the top of my head that should get in before both. I'm sure there's more out there.

would'nt seau retiring as a charger be like being buried next to your 1st wife and asking the current wife to pay the funeral bill?.....loyalty should be where ya hang your hat
jlfin said:
He'll go in as a Charger. Not really a true Miami Dolphin because his accomplishments were all in San Diego. He's a California guy through and through.

MikeO said:
NFL players don't go in "with a team" they just go in as players
Well, I heard Steve Young talk alot more today about his 49ers days than he did his Buccaneer days... so I would be willing to bet he feels he went in representing the 49ers organization.. that's what it's about when entering the haul, who's organization are you representing... and Junior's case, regardless of his accomplisments as a Dolphin, he will representing the Chargers in the Hall of Fame, although, i'll bet he ackowledges Miami, more than young did Tampa Bay. Rightfully so.

fishfan34 said:
Well, I heard Steve Young talk alot more today about his 49ers days than he did his Buccaneer days... so I would be willing to be he feels he went in representing the 49ers organization.. that's what it's about when entering the haul, who's organization are you representing... and Junior's case, regardless of his accomplisments as a Dolphin, he will represent the Chargers in the Hall of Fame, although, i'll be he ackowledges Miami, more than young did Tampa Bay. Rightfully so.

Officially players dont go in for a team. Look at the teams section on the hall of fame website, players will be on multiple teams.

volphinsfan said:
would'nt seau retiring as a charger be like being buried next to your 1st wife and asking the current wife to pay the funeral bill?.....loyalty should be where ya hang your hat

As stated by others, when a player is inducted, ALL the teams he played for are listed. Who the player chooses to acknowledge in his induction speech is his choice. My guess is that he will spend some time thanking and acknowledging the Phins, but not quite as much as he does the Chargers.

M359 said:
With Marino being enshrined in the Hall it made me think, who will be the next fin to be in canton.

Who do you guys think?

I think it could be jason taylor.

kuchenberg, duper, or clayton will be one of the next ones

It should be Kooch, if there's any justice.

Seau should absolutely be a first ballot HOF'er when he retires, so he might be next.

Zach and JT both stand a legitimate chance of going, depending now how the rest of their careers go. I don't know that either has done quite enough to be a HOF'er yet.

Clayton and Duper should absolutely be in the HOF and they should go in together, IMHO. But that's just me... :)

JJ will probably make it, but I, for one, don't claim him as a Dolphin.

Seau Will Probably Be Seen As A Charger
If Michael Irvin Didn't Get In With 3 Rings And An 8-ball, Then The Marks Bros Will Have A Tough Time
Olindo Mare Will Be Next, Im Serious Gosh

It should be Kuechenberg but it seems the Hall feels 5 hall of famers off that great Dolphin offense was enough.

What about Richmond Webb? He was a Pro-Bowler for several years. I know he wasn't the greatest run blocker, but he may be one of the greatest pass blockers in the history of the game. Dan rarely got touched when Webb was in there. He was the next great O-Lineman in a long tradition of great Dolphins O-Linemen.

Back
Top Bottom