Next Dolphin Hall of Famer | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next Dolphin Hall of Famer

volphinsfan said:
would'nt seau retiring as a charger be like being buried next to your 1st wife and asking the current wife to pay the funeral bill?.....loyalty should be where ya hang your hat
So Webb shouldn't have retired a fin this year?

The only kicker in the league right now that should be considered for the HOF is Adam V.

Bob Kuechenberg should the next....Junior will be the next "active" dolphin but he'll use a San Diego jersey.

to go in as a dolphin from the current acitive players...Taylor has the best shot but he's got to average 10 sacks a year for next 4 years at least. With the defensive change his tackles will go up which should also help but like I said his sack total will be what gets him there and he'll have to do it consistantly for a # of years to get there.

SmokyFin said:
What about Irving Fryar or Keith Jackson

I'm not sure that Fryar could be considered dominant when comparing him to other recievers of his timeperiod.

Jackson MIGHT have a shot but I don't think he played long enough at a ultra-high level. But I'd be all for him getting in. I think he's got a better shot than Fryar but that's not saying a lot.

M359 said:
Isnt there only like one kicker in the hall of fame?

I'm not sure but you're likely right....

...I think that Ray Guy is in the HOF as the only "just a punter" punter. He's the only one I can think of who'd deserve to be in.

kickers and punters just don't get much HOF thought. They've got to truely dominate AND play past 10 years to even get a thought.

As for the Anderson's\Andersen's...they cerainly put the years in but I don't know if dominant is the word I'd use for them

As for Viniteri or however it's spelled...I like him better than the crazy nut from Indy, Vanderjerk, but even as clutch as Adam V. :) has been in the playoffs and SB, he's going to have to do what he's been doing for like another 10 years to be considered...but I do think he's got a slight chance if he can continue.

mare?...not a chance.

Most voters just don't think that kickers and punters are even football players. Heck, most football players themselves don't think they're football players (even though I think they are wrong..NE wouldn't be where they are today without Adam V.)

Jan Stenerud and George Blanda are both in the Hall, though Blanda also played QB of course.

PeterNorth said:
Jan and George Blanda are both in the Hall, though Blanda also played QB of course.

I knew Blanda was...and he played like 26 years, not only did he kick FG and played QB, he was the punter and I believe he still holds the record for longest NET punting average for a season..but I could be wrong on that. :)

I forgot about Stenarud though...he played like 18 or 19 years and finally retired when he was like 43 or 44. He ranked only behind Blanda for all-time scoring also.

I think it was Gary Anderson this past season who passed them both. Does that mean when Anderson finally :) retires he'll get in? He's the most likely out of any kicker over the next 10 or 15 years.

Anyway...just some info.

zephon said:
I'm not sure but you're likely right....

...I think that Ray Guy is in the HOF as the only "just a punter" punter. He's the only one I can think of who'd deserve to be in.

kickers and punters just don't get much HOF thought. They've got to truely dominate AND play past 10 years to even get a thought.

As for the Anderson's\Andersen's...they cerainly put the years in but I don't know if dominant is the word I'd use for them

As for Viniteri or however it's spelled...I like him better than the crazy nut from Indy, Vanderjerk, but even as clutch as Adam V. :) has been in the playoffs and SB, he's going to have to do what he's been doing for like another 10 years to be considered...but I do think he's got a slight chance if he can continue.

mare?...not a chance.

Most voters just don't think that kickers and punters are even football players. Heck, most football players themselves don't think they're football players (even though I think they are wrong..NE wouldn't be where they are today without Adam V.)
Gary Anderson has scored the most points in the history in the NFL, any position. He's a lock.

Back
Top Bottom