Nick Foles gave hints he could lead a Super Bowl team. Has Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Foles gave hints he could lead a Super Bowl team. Has Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill?

Drew Brees win% in college is .649
Tannehill is .650

Ken Dorsey from the U .943.

One of these things is not like the other. Hint no longer in the NFL.
And here is where any similarity between RT and Drew Brees ends.

Always the extremes. No QB wins all of their games but some will win more than others given the same circumstances.

Your continual commentary basically states the QB is irrelevant.

Not true. For the millionth time:

Just because I believe it is "not all about the QB" doesn't mean I believe it is "not at all about the QB".

I do believe that the difference between the Eagles in 2017 and the Dolphins in 2016 was not QB play.

And here is where any similarity between RT and Drew Brees ends.

Actually their QB rating for the first 5 years of their careers is pretty similar, with Tannehill's slightly higher. They do differ in that Brees had much better pass blocking and a HOF running back during those years and Tannehill didn't.

Actually their QB rating for the first 5 years of their careers is pretty similar, with Tannehill's slightly higher. They do differ in that Brees had much better pass blocking and a HOF running back during those years and Tannehill didn't.
JFC it’s not even close. RT is a fake franchise QB anywhere outside of this forum.

Not true. For the millionth time:

Just because I believe it is "not all about the QB" doesn't mean I believe it is "not at all about the QB".

I do believe that the difference between the Eagles in 2017 and the Dolphins in 2016 was not QB play.
aaand back to 2016. The RT glory year. Was RT on pace for MVP?

Then you clearly missed what Wentz did all year and what Foles picked up albeit to a lesser degree until the SB game. It’s actually an insult to Wentz to not give a guy who was on track for league MVP any credit.

You are high if you can’t see the difference. The Eagles QBs played damn well. Give them credit man. Jesus.

Tannehill will never get the respect he deserves unless he at least takes the Dolphins deep into the playoffs, whether that is fair or not. The article might have been accurate from a statistical stand point, but it certainly does not tell the whole story, which is unfair.
Deserves? He hasn’t done anything to get the respect yet. People act like Tannehill has a bunch of playoff wins under his belt and people just choose not to believe in him.

Actually there's only about 8% who don't want Tannehill under any circumstances next year. And you're right, that if you start listening to fans, you end up sitting with them as the old adage goes. However that goes both ways.. not just the pratfall of listening to the silent majority, but also apples to listening to the boisterous loud minority. I have read opposing forums for maybe a dozen years... a lot of the AFC but also many other teams around the league. Much to my chagrin, I read the old Bears newsgroup when Wannstedt was the HC. It's a good way to get a feel for teams we are going to face, FAs we might be signing, ditto coaches. Also it's a good read on other teams' frustrations and miseries.

Given that, whether checking the many reviews on a product or service and then discounting the outlier opinions on either side, I have observed that the "wisdom of consensus" most often proves true in league teams forums opinions as well as products researched. To discount the overwhelming 70% in this case insultingly suggests that the bare bones 8% or even the on the fence to include a total of 30% knows more, is smarter and is more astute than us dumber majority . That's not to say that the majority is correct 100% of the time, but whatever the issue, anecdotal experience would suggest it's a good bet. So don't be too quick to think you're smarter than anyone else, cuz we both know better than that.

Now I see that out of your last 107 posts going back about 16 days, 95 of them attack Tannehill.. many of them regurgitating the same thing over again as if to shout down or minimize opposing opinions in a frenzied fashion.
Hey Vaark since you keep stats on my posts, I’d like to at least defend myself and say my edjoocashun was not stellar therefore I’m not really to blame here. I had bad teachers (Line) year after year. My parents (coaches) were downright bad and once I got to that foster home (Gase) I started to come around.

Now if you had actually read my posts you’d know I’m not in any 8% group that doesn’t want RT in 2018 under any circumstances.

You would’ve seen that I had posted that RT should be the starter in 2018 in a prove it Year based on where the franchise is right now.

and exactly what you said is the exact reason he won't be qb soon. he requires way too much. in this game, those that can strive without the most are the ones we want. We will never be able to afford or develop the perfect line. Unless you can scout (which we can't) a young line that's cheap, the qb must improvise, have pocket presence, and be a surgeon on the field. They must be able to sense pressure and make snap choices. He is not that.
In fact it appears Miami is just wasting his talents with all these incompetent coaches, hating fans, and scrub players around him. Might as well trade him to a contender that just needs a QB to get over the hump. Since Tannehill is so good, Miami should have no problem getting 2-3 1st round picks for him.

In fact it appears Miami is just wasting his talents with all these incompetent coaches, hating fans, and scrub players around him. Might as well trade him to a contender that just needs a QB to get over the hump. Since Tannehill is so good, Miami should have no problem getting 2-3 1st round picks for him.
RT would draw no better than a fourth round pick. Could be lower. Probably would be.

I'd be curious what our average yards to go on 3rd down was, and where it stood with the rest of the league. Because I am sure it goes without saying that the distance to go directly would impact our conversation rate....and that passer rating is probably a more effective individual measure of 3rd down performance than conversion rate.
Maybe if Tannehill didn’t eat so many unnecessary sacks. Dude hardly ever throws balls out of bounds.

Mike Shanahan has never drafted a great/good QB in his entire time with the Broncos. His 2 best QB's during his tenure were John Elway who was there long before Shanahan and Jake Plummer a free agent pick up. The one time he used a 1st rd pick on a QB as coach of the Broncos he drafted Jay Cutler 11th over all, and he drafted Brian Griese as heir apparent to John Elway. From 1995 to 2013 he's batting a big fat 0 on drafting a franchise QB.
Don't like Shanahans, okay, then how about Gil Brandt who was always high on him and declared that if Tannehill came out a year later, he would have been Andy Reid's choice as the first pick in the 2013 draft.

Does this also provide you with uncomfortable cognitive dissonance? Sorry. Well hate to pile on but then there's Mike Mayock who acknowledged that he had some areas of development, but all and all he was going to be a Top 10 pick. We could also get into QBs who turned analyst like Rich Gannon and Steve Burlein who are on record as being Tannehill fans. But compared to the comfort of an easy chair, with a remote that has a pause button, what do they know, amirite?

FWIW, I also have a in depth 2012 draft analysis I will be posting that is eerily similar but superior to Josh Allen's which leads me to be believe he'd have been a top 10 pick this year too based on perceived potential.

Last edited:
Hey Vaark since you keep stats on my posts, I’d like to at least defend myself and say my edjoocashun was not stellar therefore I’m not really to blame here. I had bad teachers (Line) year after year. My parents (coaches) were downright bad and once I got to that foster home (Gase) I started to come around.

Now if you had actually read my posts you’d know I’m not in any 8% group that doesn’t want RT in 2018 under any circumstances.

You would’ve seen that I had posted that RT should be the starter in 2018 in a prove it Year based on where the franchise is right now.
That's an equivocation that doesn't obfuscate the frenzied one-trick ponyism and Pavlovian-dribble reflex reaction whenever anything positive about Tannehill is posted.

Don't like Shanahans, okay, then how about Gil Brandt who was always high on him and declared that if Tannehill came out a year later, he would have been Andy Reid's choice as the first pick in the 2013 draft.

Does this also provide you with uncomfortable cognitive dissonance? Sorry. Well hate to pile on but then there's Mike Mayock who acknowledged that he had some areas of development, but all and all he was going to be a Top 10 pick. We could also get into QBs who turned analyst like Rich Gannon and Steve Burlein who are on record as being Tannehill fans. But compared to the comfort of an easy chair, with a remote that has a pause button, what do they know, amirite?

FWIW, I also have a in depth 2012 draft analysis I will be posting that is eerily similar but superior to Josh Allen's which leads to be believe he'd have been a top 10 pick this year too based on perceived potential.

Lot's of QB's come out every single year with top 10 talent or 1st round grades etc, Jamarcus Russell, Michael Vick, Ryan Leaf all had 1st round grades, I'm sure before we all found out the truth about them there were all kinds of GM's and talking heads saying how great they were and so forth. what do they know? That there is no science behind it and there's no way to know ultimately who will turn out to be Tom Brady, Joe Montana, to a lesser degree Matt Hasselbeck, Russell Wilson none of which were graded as highly as even Joe Flacco.

How many stories have we heard about so and so coach or gm saying they would have drafted so and so player. Jerry Jones told Randy Moss they would draft him if he was there, Dan Marino said he was told by a few teams that they would take him if he was there. Stories and heresay.

I can look up GM's, coaches, players, experts and Mayocks, opinions on QB's like Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Alex Smith, Kirk Cousins, Andrew Luck, Joe Flacco, Marcus Mariota and countless others and find positive glowing reviews from all these people but would these experts opinions change your mind? Would you all of sudden think to yourself...you know what to heck with my opinion im going to listen to the experts these are some damn good QB's. Would you listen to the fan base if the majority thought these QB's were elite/great/good and you didn't? I suspect your opinion would stay the same because its comfortable in that chair, if it had a toilette i'd never get up.

Back
Top Bottom