Nick Foles gave hints he could lead a Super Bowl team. Has Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Foles gave hints he could lead a Super Bowl team. Has Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill?

So clearly with Tannehill out last season, the rate shot up, right playa? He was the reason right? RIGHT?
Dude do you peruse threads to defend RT. No one is saying Cutler is an upgrade on RT.

It's like saying you'd rather get drawn and quartered instead of firing squad.

Actually it's the old "empty barrels make the most noise" adage. If you dropped out of space and started reading some of these threads, you'd think that the 70% majority were the posters who did NOT believe in Tannehill; not the 8% who absolutely don't LOL

View attachment 10993
This is why fans don't make decisions.

We've been at the bottom of the league every year in the Ryan Tannehill era. You have to put 2 and 2 together at some point, playa.
F an A the man has a point.

This is the same forum that had John Beck and Chad Henne loyalist at one point. Please spare me, bro lol
Again, you'd think the 70% majority were the TannePavlovians, not the distinct minority whose OCD obviously provides a cognitive dissonance that drives them to the the majority of white noise on threads like this.

But either way, your pissing, my moaning ain't gonna make a bit of difference. It's just a circle jerk unless either one of us can effect change through meaningful financial impact. Do you at least go to some games each season? Do you buy licensed merchandise? Really, what do you do to influence change aside from gripe on some random board to fellow members who have already tuned you out? Of course, aside from buying a few games each season and supporting this site, I can say the same for me LOL

Again, you'd think the 70% majority were the TannePavlovians, not the distinct minority whose OCD obviously provides a cognitive dissonance that drives them to the the majority of white noise on threads like this.

But either way, your pissing, my moaning ain't gonna make a bit of difference. It's just a circle jerk unless either one of us can effect change through meaningful financial impact. Do you at least go to some games each season? Do you buy licensed merchandise? Really, what do you do to influence change aside from gripe on some random board to fellow members who have already tuned you out? Of course, aside from buying a few games each season and supporting this site, I can say the same for me LOL
You love to use the "70 pct majority" argument dont you? I wonder if the majority of people are ever wrong? A straw poll in here means absolutely nothing. Then another proverbial jaunt into the abyss of in effect "show your dissatisfaction by impacting the Dolphins bottom line!" It's comedy, pure comedy!

Translated:
You don't agree with a reported 70 pct of Finheaven members who will follow RT into the pit of misery. You are clearly just peripheral noise, then. You should show your dissatisfaction by stopping monetary support of the Miami Dolphins.

On the contrary, we in the reported 30 pct minority would like you to increase monetary support by way of increasing purchases to the teams benefit. This will serve two purposes.

1. Keeps Miami revenues ahead of the other irrelevant teams like the Jets and Browns
2. allows Fins enough money to buy RT a supporting cast, taking the last excuse away

You love to use the "70 pct majority" argument dont you? I wonder if the majority of people are ever wrong? A straw poll in here means absolutely nothing. Then another proverbial jaunt into the abyss of in effect "show your dissatisfaction by impacting the Dolphins bottom line!" It's comedy, pure comedy!

Translated:
You don't agree with a reported 70 pct of Finheaven members who will follow RT into the pit of misery. You are clearly just peripheral noise, then. You should show your dissatisfaction by stopping monetary support of the Miami Dolphins.

On the contrary, we in the reported 30 pct minority would like you to increase monetary support by way of increasing purchases to the teams benefit. This will serve two purposes.

1. Keeps Miami revenues ahead of the other irrelevant teams like the Jets and Browns
2. allows Fins enough money to buy RT a supporting cast, taking the last excuse away

Actually there's only about 8% who don't want Tannehill under any circumstances next year. And you're right, that if you start listening to fans, you end up sitting with them as the old adage goes. However that goes both ways.. not just the pratfall of listening to the silent majority, but also apples to listening to the boisterous loud minority. I have read opposing forums for maybe a dozen years... a lot of the AFC but also many other teams around the league. Much to my chagrin, I read the old Bears newsgroup when Wannstedt was the HC. It's a good way to get a feel for teams we are going to face, FAs we might be signing, ditto coaches. Also it's a good read on other teams' frustrations and miseries.

Given that, whether checking the many reviews on a product or service and then discounting the outlier opinions on either side, I have observed that the "wisdom of consensus" most often proves true in league teams forums opinions as well as products researched. To discount the overwhelming 70% in this case insultingly suggests that the bare bones 8% or even the on the fence to include a total of 30% knows more, is smarter and is more astute than us dumber majority . That's not to say that the majority is correct 100% of the time, but whatever the issue, anecdotal experience would suggest it's a good bet. So don't be too quick to think you're smarter than anyone else, cuz we both know better than that.

Now I see that out of your last 107 posts going back about 16 days, 95 of them attack Tannehill.. many of them regurgitating the same thing over again as if to shout down or minimize opposing opinions in a frenzied fashion.

Dude do you peruse threads to defend RT. No one is saying Cutler is an upgrade on RT.

It's like saying you'd rather get drawn and quartered instead of firing squad.

Interesting comment from someone searching for pro-Tannehill comments.

Why are the rest of the players on offense blameless?

Super Bowl or not, if Tannehill retired tomorrow id be horrified if we even looked at Foles unless we brought in the Eagles exact scheme, roster and playcaller.

Same with Keenum, whatever poor teams pay those two like starting qbs will probably have huge regrets

Last edited:
The Eagles led Foles to a Super Bowl, not the other way around...

My ass. Foles played his ass off in those playoff games and in the SB. He was a major part of that teams success. Our Backup QB wouldn't have done that.

Super Bowl or not, if Tannehill retired tomorrow id be horrified if we even looked at Foles unless we brought in the Eagles exact scheme, roster and playcaller.

Same with Keenum, whatever poor teams pay those two like starting qbs will probably have huge regrets

You can say that about any QB though. No QB will be good without good coaching.

My ***. Foles played his *** off in those playoff games and in the SB. He was a major part of that teams success. Our Backup QB wouldn't have done that.

Yes he certainly played well this season, not denying that. But going forward I doubt the Eagles or any other team trust him to do it again. The Eagles have been crystal clear that the Wentz is the guy

Conversion rate for all teams is impacted by the yardage to go. Conversion rates 1-3 yards worse than 4-6 worse than 7-10 worse than 10+.

So it is key to be proficient on first down and leave yourself manageable down and distance. And also avoid negative plays like sacks.

Well being proficient on first down is great but that is very often a running play, and very often the yards gained is dictated by the offensive line....as is avoiding negative plays like sacks. See a connection here? Which goes back to why I stand that passer rating is a better individual parameter of performance on third down than conversion rate.

It's not a perfect science, and of course there is blame on Tannehill, blame on the o-line, coaching, run game, etc...

Ultimately it comes down to a subjective decision on whether or not you think Tannehill is good enough. I do....but I am on a "year to year" contract with the guy, which I think is fair. Throwing out 3rd down conversion stats as a damning of #17, is not.

Back
Top Bottom