Nick Foles gave hints he could lead a Super Bowl team. Has Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Foles gave hints he could lead a Super Bowl team. Has Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill?

When I mention proficiency on 3rd down, I'm talking about conversation rate. Not passer rating lol.

The Dolphins had a conversion rate of 36.7 percent, which was good for 25th in the league in 2016. If you think that ranking doesn't need improvement, then god speed.

Just out of curiosity, is "conversation rate" the speed at which you and a few other posters try to find ways to post negative things about Tannehill?

When I mention proficiency on 3rd down, I'm talking about conversation rate. Not passer rating lol.

The Dolphins had a conversion rate of 36.7 percent, which was good for 25th in the league in 2016. If you think that ranking doesn't need improvement, then god speed.

I'd be curious what our average yards to go on 3rd down was, and where it stood with the rest of the league. Because I am sure it goes without saying that the distance to go directly would impact our conversation rate....and that passer rating is probably a more effective individual measure of 3rd down performance than conversion rate.

No, it's the speed at which you and a few other posters whine about critical opinions about Tannehill.

I actually thought that was kinda lighthearted and funny. But to your point, I'm sure you're getting tired of the negative feedback, but that's literally almost the only thing you do is take shots at him. What do you expect?

That's team conversion rate.

Conversion rate is on the whole offense. Stop blaming everything on the best player on the offense.

I'd be curious what our average yards to go on 3rd down was, and where it stood with the rest of the league. Because I am sure it goes without saying that the distance to go directly would impact our conversation rate....and that passer rating is probably a more effective individual measure of 3rd down performance than conversion rate.

No it's not lol. Because a QB can easily fatten up his QB rating with conservative and short throws behind the sticks.

Which guys like Alex Smith and Ryan Tannehill do A LOT.

Now obviously, more context is required when assessing these matters like down and distance, but the Dolphins have consistently been bad at situational football in the Ryan Tannehill era.

No, it's the speed at which you and a few other posters whine about critical opinions about Tannehill.
Actually it's the old "empty barrels make the most noise" adage. If you dropped out of space and started reading some of these threads, you'd think that the 70% majority were the posters who did NOT believe in Tannehill; not the 8% who absolutely don't LOL

tannehill level of confidence poll.jpg

Actually it's the old "empty barrels make the most noise" adage. If you dropped out of space and started reading some of these threads, you'd think that the 70% majority were the posters who did NOT believe in Tannehill; not the 8% who absolutely don't LOL

View attachment 10993

This is the same forum that had John Beck and Chad Henne loyalist at one point. Please spare me, bro lol

Conversion rate for all teams is impacted by the yardage to go. Conversion rates 1-3 yards worse than 4-6 worse than 7-10 worse than 10+.

So it is key to be proficient on first down and leave yourself manageable down and distance. And also avoid negative plays like sacks.

Back
Top Bottom