Nick Foles gave hints he could lead a Super Bowl team. Has Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Foles gave hints he could lead a Super Bowl team. Has Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill?

Well being proficient on first down is great but that is very often a running play, and very often the yards gained is dictated by the offensive line....as is avoiding negative plays like sacks. See a connection here? Which goes back to why I stand that passer rating is a better individual parameter of performance on third down than conversion rate.

It's not a perfect science, and of course there is blame on Tannehill, blame on the o-line, coaching, run game, etc...

Ultimately it comes down to a subjective decision on whether or not you think Tannehill is good enough. I do....but I am on a "year to year" contract with the guy, which I think is fair. Throwing out 3rd down conversion stats as a damning of #17, is not.

Also how many penalties and drops a team had greatly affects the 3rd conversion rate. How many penalties did we have and how many drops did we have compared to the rest of the league?

One of the worst articles Ive ever read.

When the offensive line has been bottom tier (and throw in incompetent coaching) year after year, yet a guy individually develops and gets better every year (anyone with a brain and the good old eye test can see it, especially when Gase came in), that tells me the support around him was failing. Brady looks like crap when his line is not playing well.

Its all irrelevant though. What Super Bowl team's QB won it all for them, all season and in the playoffs?? Ill wait.

Almost all SB winning teams have a COMPLETE team, regardless is they have an "elite" QB or not (this includes NE).

Im not moving on from one of the few steady pieces on this team. I have yet to see a good O-line and Defense in the same season.

Which is what hampers most teams every year, and why they arent winning SB's neither.

Fortify the line, get a top 10 D and you get after it.

Interesting comment from someone searching for pro-Tannehill comments.

Why are the rest of the players on offense blameless?
Because we can only blame the Right Guard(s) for so long. Eventually you have to look at the common denominator.

This is not all on RT. But he’s not absolved of it either.

Tannehill was a loser in college, he’s been a loser his entire career.

Tannehill was a loser in college, he’s been a loser his entire career.
Boom goes the dynamite.

In another marathon thread I touched on this albeit a bit more tactfully I hope. RT is 37-40 as a pro however it was firmly refuted that this is due to his supporting cast and coaching, and that his 8 game stretch in 2016 is a sign of things to come. I sure hope this is true but I have major doubts, simply because I havent seen the consistency nor have I seen the ability to put a team on his back and win.

Some QBs are just flat out winners. We need one. The supporting cast has been a work in progress for more than a decade perhaps two. A dynamic and winner QB would accelerate the outcomes we all want.

Let’s see what 2018 brings.

He was such a loser that he would have been drafted by the Seahawks if given the opportunity: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...wks-pete-carroll-a-huge-fan-of-ryan-tannehill

Pete Carroll must not have understood what a loser this guy was, should have listened to brilliant football minds like Skip Bayless who also thinks he's a bum LMAO. #DEZCAUTITdeeeeerrrrrr

Maybe Tannehill should have gone to play in the Mountain West conference so he could also be raved over after unlike Allen, putting up big numbers including completion %s against inferior competitors. Ya think?

But to your point, we really have to yield to our remote-waving armchair GMs vs let's say, the Shanahans, who really don't know much about QBing (as compared to guru Dan Snider), and KC who was poised to take him at#12., amirite?

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/11/18/report-shanahan-wanted-tannehill-not-rgiii/

armchair gm.jpg

Boom goes the dynamite.

In another marathon thread I touched on this albeit a bit more tactfully I hope. RT is 37-40 as a pro however it was firmly refuted that this is due to his supporting cast and coaching, and that his 8 game stretch in 2016 is a sign of things to come. I sure hope this is true but I have major doubts, simply because I havent seen the consistency nor have I seen the ability to put a team on his back and win.

Some QBs are just flat out winners. We need one. The supporting cast has been a work in progress for more than a decade perhaps two. A dynamic and winner QB would accelerate the outcomes we all want.

Let’s see what 2018 brings.
Yeah, that’s it. We need a QB that will win all their games. Where do we get one of those? Hell get two or three.

Also grab some RBs that can’t be tackled, some defenders that can’t be beat and WRs who never drop the ball. Super Bowl baby!!!!!!

Always the extremes. No QB wins all of their games but some will win more than others given the same circumstances.

Your continual commentary basically states the QB is irrelevant.

He was such a loser that he would have been drafted by the Seahawks if given the opportunity: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...wks-pete-carroll-a-huge-fan-of-ryan-tannehill

Pete Carroll must not have understood what a loser this guy was, should have listened to brilliant football minds like Skip Bayless who also thinks he's a bum LMAO. #DEZCAUTITdeeeeerrrrrr
Wow he was almost drafted by Pete Carroll. The RT resume is getting better by the day.

Impressive stuff right here.

Maybe Tannehill should have gone to play in the Mountain West conference so he could also be raved over after unlike Allen, putting up big numbers including completion %s against inferior competitors. Ya think?

But to your point, we really have to yield to our remote-waving armchair GMs vs let's say, the Shanahans, who really don't know much about QBing (as compared to guru Dan Snider), and KC who was poised to take him at#12., amirite?

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/11/18/report-shanahan-wanted-tannehill-not-rgiii/

View attachment 11003
The fact that Allen of Wyoming is being pursued is not because he walked all over the competition at a non Power 5 conference. Wyoming hasn’t been dominating the WAC in his time. The reason is his size and arm and the throws he can make. It’s an NFL arm which isn’t found in most big schools let alone smaller ones. Same thing with Wentz. While Wentz won a lot of games and titles at North Dakota State, it was his arm and size and the throws. I saw him live in college multiple times and the arm was just a completely different level. NFL level.

Mike Shanahan has never drafted a great/good QB in his entire time with the Broncos. His 2 best QB's during his tenure were John Elway who was there long before Shanahan and Jake Plummer a free agent pick up. The one time he used a 1st rd pick on a QB as coach of the Broncos he drafted Jay Cutler 11th over all, and he drafted Brian Griese as heir apparent to John Elway. From 1995 to 2013 he's batting a big fat 0 on drafting a franchise QB.

Back
Top Bottom