No extra 6th round pick from the Colts | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No extra 6th round pick from the Colts

In the same draft we also wasted 2nd round picks on Pat White and Sean Smith (the thread on him right now is making him look like a joke) and Patrick Turner in round 3. We also gave up 2 2nd round picks for Marshall and have gotten Egnew and a 3rd round pick to show for it. But yea . . . back on subject . . . go Jeff go . . . you and your 2nd round pick for Vontae. You devil you.

When you put it that way! :lol:

In the same draft we also wasted 2nd round picks on Pat White and Sean Smith (the thread on him right now is making him look like a joke) and Patrick Turner in round 3. We also gave up 2 2nd round picks for Marshall and have gotten Egnew and a 3rd round pick to show for it. But yea . . . back on subject . . . go Jeff go . . . you and your 2nd round pick for Vontae. You devil you.
Bro, u literally just took a dump on every Jeff Ireland slurper on this board. Great job! Keep up the good work!

soooo all that talk on hard knocks about needing that extra pick doesnt even pan out we just gave away (IMO) a starting CB on the verge of being a probowler for nothing for another egnew and what is our weakest position on team CB RJ STANFORD?? Nolan Carroll??? Jimmy Wilson?? cmon Vontae is looking good right now in this colts game who cares how he practiced when its game time he was one of the most physical man to man cov guys in the league and he s young

FIRELANDDDDDDD

What gives you that impression?

I dont even see davis out there. I see vaughan and butler.

Whos vd.covering?

He has been covering a variety of people but those are the corners they are picking on. I have seen him on various guys including boldin today

Davis has been on Boldin, Smith and Doss . . . the latter 2 more than Boldin. Either way, outside of missing an opportunity with that potential pick 6 . . . he's been solid. Clearly you see why the Colts traded for him, they really didn't have much at CB.

The early drafts by our front office scares the crap out of me.

We didnt go 1-15 in 2007 over night. We had a massive age gap in our roster. Our experienced players were in their 30's and our young players were 23 and younger(ignoring Beck of course). Wannstedt's habit of not hitting on a single player in the draft caught up with us. And our front office, that many want to keep intact, looks to be repeating that mistake.

'08 we only have Jake Long left(looking more and more like hes leaving) and in '09 we have what...Sean Smith and Hartline? Terrifying.

I loved Vontae when he was here. Glad we got a 2nd round pick if his attitude didn't fit what Philbin wants. I'll be rooting for Vontae as long as it's not against our Fins, guys a genuinely good dude. Not a big deal bros...

One thing is for certain . . . the Ravens have no interest in testing Vontae with Cassius Vaughn on the other side . . . that dude is getting picked on right now and then couldn't get off the block to stop Pitta for the TD.

That's what I saw. Vontae had a very quiet day the final three quarters once they started picking on Vaughn. I appreciated it, with Ravens -6.5. I was imploring Flacco to find #32.

I have no idea if it was a good trade or not. But what the heck, in a new regime it's interesting to have more ammo. Maybe we'll stumble onto something.

Sometimes I look around at the junk in my house and wonder how I brainstormed I needed it. For example, there's a 2-deck VCR from about 1998 that cost $850. Brilliant move. I was on a winning streak at the time. At that point you think you can't miss on any decision.

What's Ireland's record winning streak? Maybe 3. :lol:

Anybody that thinks Ireland pulled a fast one over the Colts impressive young GM should go have a look at our previous 2nd round picks over the past 5 years. The irony is Vontea was arguably one of Irelands best picks since he's been here (not saying much), VD and Tannehill have been the only 2 players he's picked in the first weighing less than 300 pounds.

Vonte Davis was buried on the depth chart and was not seeing the field of the preseason anyone know why? Was that Jim Ireland making that decision or was that the coaching staff regarding VD in the preseason?
Vonte Davis needed to play 10.4 games to get the sixth round round draft pick Davis played only 10.
I was not happy with the trade either

Back
Top Bottom