No extra 6th round pick from the Colts | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No extra 6th round pick from the Colts

Wow. It's not often a CB gets criticized for an interception. People are really reaching to justify that trade.

I don't see anybody criticizing Vonte for the pick, just criticizing the opinion that Vonte wasn't burned and got lucky that Shaub underthrew the pass. None of which matters as far as the trade is concerned, which was justified when it came to light that Vonte has the maturity and emotional capabilities of a 10 year old. I don't want to sound insensative, because I'm sure this is something he struggles with every day, but it is what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Understand your position but a lot more goes into this than 1 player. New DC, new scheme, different year / different players, etc. Just don't think there is any correlation here.
I'm saying we don't need him and won't miss him. Bottom line for me is we were just as good without him and it will be pretty cool to have two 2nd round picks in April.

Vontate Davis deal gets even worse....the 2nd pick (6th Round) is nullified

soooo all that talk on hard knocks about needing that extra pick doesnt even pan out we just gave away (IMO) a starting CB on the verge of being a probowler for nothing for another egnew and what is our weakest position on team CB RJ STANFORD?? Nolan Carroll??? Jimmy Wilson?? cmon Vontae is looking good right now in this colts game who cares how he practiced when its game time he was one of the most physical man to man cov guys in the league and he s young

FIRELANDDDDDDD

If they were convinced that Davis could not turn his career around, then they had to trade him. I disagreed with the trade at the time. I believe in gathering talent, not coughing it away. However, if they thought he was not going to buy in, then they had to jettison him.

Vontae in a playoff game making plays. We wouldn't want that!

Davis plays great against subpar WRs. Wow amazing.

We got a 2nd for a subpar cb who ocasionally makes a INT. Seems like a win for me.

I was against this trade even after he got hurt because like I argued before.......... 23 years old! He's just kid and is still becoming a professional.

He has more talent and coverage ability in his right thumb then Smith will have in his whole career.

imt79f-1.jpg

In what world is Davis "on the verge of being a pro bowler"

Back
Top Bottom