No extra 6th round pick from the Colts | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No extra 6th round pick from the Colts

I saw the game too and thats straight up BS. Even if true, how many times has Sean Smith had the ball hit him right in the hands only to play hot potato with it?

Here they are for all the worlds delight:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap2000000120120/Colts-defense-INT

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap2000000120292/Colts-defense-INT

Uh. That first Vontae pick you linked is literally the exact thing I described. He was beat. It was a ****ty underthrow by Schaub.

I'll see if I can get a minute to breakdown the all 22 on this play. I'm just stunned you can see even that version of the play and think anything but "Vontae was beat deep". Im just kidding of course because most posters on here have such a stubborn agenda, they can stare at evidence of a contrary opinion and still say NOPE THERES THE PROOF IM RIGHT

That second pick was great hands on the play, and looked like pretty good coverage overall, though.

Also - Youre right concerning Sean Smith's hands, but how often is he making plays that allow him to get those INT opportunities? Sean Smith and Vontae Davis are complete washes, in my book. One is not better than the other.

I saw the game too and thats straight up BS. Even if true, how many times has Sean Smith had the ball hit him right in the hands only to play hot potato with it?

Here they are for all the worlds delight:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap2000000120120/Colts-defense-INT

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap2000000120292/Colts-defense-INT

Thanks for the video... although it didn't prove either one of your points.... the reciever had at least a step and a half on VD... While MS didn't throw a duck, he did under throw his reciever.

Imagine for a second that VD wasn't there (or any defender there covering), the reciever would have had to come back for the ball, thus it was under thrown, and VD just happened to be in the right position to intercept, why, because he was beaten!

edit: I'm refrencing the first vid btw... the 2nd bid, VD made a good play on

And if you glance at the All 22, which I will try to upload to Youtube with some stupid pauses, etc... you will see that Vontae Davis was beaten by 2 steps because he bit on the route initially. That's not good coverage

Uh. That first Vontae pick you linked is literally the exact thing I described. He was beat. It was a ****ty underthrow by Schaub.

I'll see if I can get a minute to breakdown the all 22 on this play. I'm just stunned you can see even that version of the play and think anything but "Vontae was beat deep". Im just kidding of course because most posters on here have such a stubborn agenda, they can stare at evidence of a contrary opinion and still say NOPE THERES THE PROOF IM RIGHT

That second pick was great hands on the play, and looked like pretty good coverage overall, though.

Also - Youre right concerning Sean Smith's hands, but how often is he making plays that allow him to get those INT opportunities? Sean Smith and Vontae Davis are complete washes, in my book. One is not better than the other.

Disagree, he was playing the ball the whole time, if he wasn't able to get to the ball he makes an easy tackle.

He makes a nice interception and gets criticized for it and I'm the one with an agenda. If he makes that play as a Dolphin I wonder how many people would be claiming dumb ole Vontea lucked into another INT

Disagree, he was playing the ball the whole time, if he wasn't able to get to the ball he makes an easy tackle.

I get it. you troll the boards only to mess with people... I get it man, I FINALLY GET IT!

seriously though I understand your hatred for Ireland runs so deep that anything that has his name attached to it has diluted your reality. I was the same with Ray Lucas.

That was preseason and the coaches were busting his balz cause he was out of shape. He would have started come week 1. Why didn't the Cotls ask for Smith or Mashal? Cause they aint good.
the trade was on August 26th, a full month into camp. they demoted him early and he never got above 3rd on the depth chart. he definitely wasn't starting week 1, Richard Marshall was simply better

He makes a nice interception and gets criticized for it and I'm the one with an agenda. If he makes that play as a Dolphin I wonder how many people would be claiming dumb ole Vontea lucked into another INT

He was burnt, plain and simple. There's really no denying it.

He was burnt, plain and simple. There's really no denying it.

Ok, if it'll make you sleep better at night keep believing that a first round CB got torched by a back up TE. I'll give you a cookie to find somebody unbiased that agrees with you.

Ok, if it'll make you sleep better at night keep believing that a first round CB got torched by a back up TE. I'll give you a cookie to find somebody unbiased that agrees with you.

irgnorance is bliss!

What difference does it make if he was a back up tight end and VD being a 1st round pick have anything to do with the play????

Do you actually think out the things you type befoe you actually type them?

irgnorance is bliss!

What difference does it make if he was a back up tight end and VD being a 1st round pick have anything to do with the play????

Do you actually think out the things you type befoe you actually type them?

The proof is in the pudding, who caught the ball? Listen to the commentary, they say Vontea was never in danger against a back up TE, THEY say Vontea baited the throw. I don't agree he "baited" Schaub but I do agree he wasn't in any danger and hey, I posted some proof. WATCH THE VIDEO AND TELL ME WHO CAUGHT THE BALL.

Separation between defender and receiver is not created equal across the board. Darelle Revis is the best because he can close gaps quickly against almost anybody, it shouldn't come as a shock that Vontea Davis should be able to close a gap against a back up TE.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get it. you troll the boards only to mess with people... I get it man, I FINALLY GET IT!

seriously though I understand your hatred for Ireland runs so deep that anything that has his name attached to it has diluted your reality. I was the same with Ray Lucas.

Probably because he was also really terrible at his job.

Wow. It's not often a CB gets criticized for an interception. People are really reaching to justify that trade.

half the 2012 schedule featured exactly the same QBs as last year
and 4 others from this year are in the playoffs
Understand your position but a lot more goes into this than 1 player. New DC, new scheme, different year / different players, etc. Just don't think there is any correlation here.

Back
Top Bottom