o-gun to be on espn news in 5 minutes | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

o-gun to be on espn news in 5 minutes

Chisel Monkey said:
That would be a stupid thing to do, who's to say he doesn't get hurt after almost a year of not playing.
I agree ,who's to say he won't need to change a lightbulb in his house.

Well, I feel that O-gun is better than the other players we have had opposite Taylor, and his numbers bear it out. However, I don't think he would be as elite as he has shown the past few years if it wasn't for JT. Something tells me that if (and most likely when) he goes to another team, you will see his stats drop, especially if he is the number one end as opposed to a second member of a tandem attack (like here).

The problem isn't just that he will hurt himself by sitting out, it also hurts Miami. Judging by their lack of intensity in trying to sign him long term, Miami has reservations over whether or not O-gun is the real deal. By not being able to see him do it for a third straight year. We may be risking not seeing him perform and prove it to us and help us win games, or prove us right and allow us to let him go. I don't think this is a bluff, something just strikes me differently.

Someone said earlier in this thread that when he comes back, we should make him inactive for the playoffs. It might be that if he does sit out those ten games, the entire team might be inactive for them.

o

If he shows up for game 11, he wont be activated to play.

You cant bench your guy who has played 10 games for a guy who hasn't trained with the team.

Wally is in the same situation next season. :cry:

Ya know... this whole situation kinda reminds me of what Gadsden tried to pull over the past two years.

Someone should have Wally get in touch with Oronde so he can see firsthand what the most likely outcome to his little crusade is going to be.

My understanding is that Ogun must be physically able to play for six games. Whether we place him on the active roster or make him inactive, is irrelevant in terms of his getting credit for a full season. However, if he is injured, (and not physically able to play) then he does not receive credit for the season and is in the same boat next year. If anybody reads the rule differently, let me know, this is just my interpretation.

Also, I think it would be very difficult to buy an insurance policy against getting injured for a game or two and not becoming an UFA. Most insurance policies I hear about involve career ending injuries.

The guy thinks he's as good a kerse. Give me a break. Miami should take the offer off the table. Let him sit, and when he makes himself avaiable, don't let him play.

The following year he can sign for the NFL min with another another team..

You know what I would REALLY love to see... Ogun REALLY sit out the season and David Bowens put up a 10+ sack season... and then see Ogun crying when nobody wants to offer him anything more than a 1 year contract at the minimum + incentives.

This guys crying about getting paid, but we can't afford to have two high priced DE's on this team. Ogun is good, but is he JT good? No he isn't. It seems to me like he wants to be paid more than JT which is insane. Trade him Rick please, he's turning into a cancer for this team.

I don't know if Randy is a free agent after this year or next. If he is, he would be restricted this year, most likely a 4th round, unless they tender him like they did with Ogun, but in my opinion, Randy is more important then Ogun. If Randy were to hit the Restricted Free Agent Market with a 4th round tender, teams will jump all over him. I am just saying, Ogun is unfortunate, but we have more needs then Ogun, we have CC and Randy, along with Ricky to sign up to new deals, which probably won't be cheap. Ogun just isn't worth it for the Dolphins. I just hope the Phins realize this.

C-ya later Ogun, I hope that the Dolphins stick it to you big time after saying that JT didn't have any bearing on the season you had. I hope you go to San Diego, then we will see what you are made of chump. :tongue:

UT-Phinz said:
Ya know... this whole situation kinda reminds me of what Gadsden tried to pull over the past two years.

Someone should have Wally get in touch with Oronde so he can see firsthand what the most likely outcome to his little crusade is going to be.

Put him in touch with Eric Rhett. :lol:

I'm hopeful that this is posturing and things will be resolved. However, if he is not traded and sits out the first 11 weeks of the season, I'd have to see a lot of injured DEs on the roster before I put him on the field. IF the team is doing at all well, I tell him to park it on the bench, and we'll see what the market says at the end of the season.

Or I consider franchising him next year. Heck, maybe the next couple years.

But, as I said, I think it's early in the game yet, and we've got good negotiators in the Front Office who can deal with this stuff.

Hmm... Didn't Sean Gilbert pull the sit out for a season thing. My recollection is that some team offered big dollars to him despite everything.

Maybe OGUN figures he has nothing to lose.

Back
Top Bottom