o-gun to be on espn news in 5 minutes | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

o-gun to be on espn news in 5 minutes

I have said this in preious threads, OGUN is a product of the system. he's a good athlete, but not the next Jason Taylor. With this kind of activity, one must wonder if there may be a health issue that is forcing him to push things. Knee Problem? just a thought

1/3 of the FINs are drew rosehaus clients, this is how the snake operates. He will have wally create a contract controversy in the media to leverage him and his client as best he can and then sign. If you look at drews history thats how negotiatiosns go, hes smart and usually settles on a fair contract.

If wally dont sign Drew dont get paid

It clearly makes sense that Adawale is making a dumb move. I support his contract talks but he is going to take almost 2 million dollars and he will have 16 games to prove himself that he deserves a huge contract.

Maybe we couldn't get a trade for this years draft picks because no one wanted to give up compensation because of the depth in this past weekends draft. Hopefully we can trade him out of here and get some picks for next year. I believe this is the first potentially ugly contract situation I can remember since I've been following the dolphins. Am I right or wrong?

midwest_phinfan said:
Maybe we couldn't get a trade for this years draft picks because no one wanted to give up compensation because of the depth in this past weekends draft. Hopefully we can trade him out of here and get some picks for next year. I believe this is the first potentially ugly contract situation I can remember since I've been following the dolphins. Am I right or wrong?

I thought the contract issue w/ Gadsden was pretty ugly. Look what it got him...unemployed.,, :shakeno:

Send him packing if thats how he feels IMO. Im like the guy above, quit moaning and groaning and complaining about 1.8 million dollars. Ridiculous what these athletes get paid to begin with, makes me sick to hear someone gripe about 1.8 Mill ! get this, how would they like it if clauses were put in their contract that if they didnt reach certain goals, like 15 sacks, or 1400 yards rushing, then instead of 5 mill for that year, they get only 1 or 2 mill for a bad year. I mean come on, these guys want increases, but what about the bad years they have in say a 7 year contract, do they give any money back for the bad years? Why HE-- no, Im sick of these athletes and their crying when a working man does everything he can do to just be able to afford tickets, or buy tickets for a game, and make ends meet and feed his family, and they cant live on 2 mill ! Shhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeesssssssshhhhhhhhh that PO's me

Ogunleye will do nothing but hurt himself if he doesn't play. If he plays for the tender and has a good season, he will get himself a lot of money as a free agent next year. If he sits out the first 10 games, he will hurt himself in many ways. First, he will make less money this season. Secondly, by doing this, he will turn off a lot of teams next year in free agency. I doubt that GMs like it when players sit out because they don't like the rules. Also, if he does sit out, and the Dolphins do the right thing and not play him when he comes back, he will have missed a whole season and would get a lot less money as a free agent than he would have if he plays. The best thing for Ogunleye to do would be to sign the tender and play next season if the Dolphins offer nothing more. By sitting out, he will not only hurt the Dolphins, but he will hurt himself as well.

Great points Iceblizzard69, and if he does sit out and try's to only play 6 games, I hope the Dolphins do indeed not play him. Im just tired of this by athletes, I mean its like ridiculous to afford tickets for you and your family to begin with, then to feed everybody inside a guy just about needs a 2nd mortgage, and they drives porshes, have Mansions not houses, and spend more on their electric bill a month than a Normal person pays a month for groceries for their family, Im just so tired of them crying over the Millions. Like Kevin Garnett a few years back, what was it, he was'nt happy with 102 Million or something, so he threw a fit until they gave in and he ended up getting what, something like 112 Mill ! I mean, I just absolutely go crazy when I hear junk like that !!!!!!

Ogun needs to look at it from other teams GM's eyes...

As was pointed out before he is a 27 year old DE who has a serious injury history. Add to that a label as a selfish player, and a year off of football... and things keep getting worse. As was mentioned as well in a separate thread, if one of our other DE put up decent numbers, the knock that he's a product of the system becomes even more relevant. Even with the risk that Ogun takes with getting injured, he's gotta see that his other option is much worse. He plays this season and puts up similar numbers again (product of the system or not) he'll get paid.

Idiot.

Carolina Paid Gilbert a huge contract

PhinKev said:
Hmm... Didn't Sean Gilbert pull the sit out for a season thing. My recollection is that some team offered big dollars to him despite everything.

Maybe OGUN figures he has nothing to lose.

Actually they outbid JJ and the Phins for him. And they also gave up 2 1st round picks to the Skins I belive? The skins tagged him I think.

But look what happened. Injured very early in the season and never did squat after.

Hopefully most teams around the league learned from Carolina's mistake and will be very hesitant about handing out a boat load of cash to a guy who sat out for a year.

I hope this gets resolved, either a good pick or two next year, or sign him to a deal that doesn't prevent us from locking up Chambers and McMichaels.

It all sounds like his agent talking to me.

Ozzy rules!!

midwest_phinfan said:
Jeez... just a couple years ago,... maybe three years now -- I don't remember exactly -- there was that brouhaha where Joe Robbie couldn't settle-up with Csonka, Kiick and Warfield. Where the heck were you?;)

dolphindan1970 said:
Great points Iceblizzard69, and if he does sit out and try's to only play 6 games, I hope the Dolphins do indeed not play him. Im just tired of this by athletes, I mean its like ridiculous to afford tickets for you and your family to begin with, then to feed everybody inside a guy just about needs a 2nd mortgage, and they drives porshes, have Mansions not houses, and spend more on their electric bill a month than a Normal person pays a month for groceries for their family, Im just so tired of them crying over the Millions. Like Kevin Garnett a few years back, what was it, he was'nt happy with 102 Million or something, so he threw a fit until they gave in and he ended up getting what, something like 112 Mill ! I mean, I just absolutely go crazy when I hear junk like that !!!!!!

Do you feel the same way about the owners? If you don't, you should. Don't think that they are getting the shaft here. Both groups are willing participants in taking the consumer for as much as they will give. Don't give into the press and think it's just the greedy players...

F O-Gun! He was offered 2 mill after one good season. You know if he comes out and plays like he did last year in the first 6 games he will get a contract. The fins want insurance that he wasn't a one hit wonder. That is more than fair since they were the only team that wouldn't to give him a chance to heel. Where would Wally be if Miami wasn't so paitent with him? Time for a little payback and trust, I think the treatment he got before last year warrants that.

What exactly do you people who claim Wale has had one good season call 2002? Wale had 9.5 sacks -- that's more than JT had in 4 of his 7 seasons.

Does your frustration at the circumstances really turn 9.5 sacks into an average or a poor year?

Back
Top Bottom