OCNN: OchoCinco signs with Miami. | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OCNN: OchoCinco signs with Miami.

Tell me what I've been wrong about. Please.
Hate me or my opinon all you want but don't question my fanood. I root for this team harder than any man on this earth and I haven't missed a game since September of 02 when my family got DirecTV. The reason why you think I'm a prick is because I've become extremely cynical with this franchise, and specifically now, I have no faith in Jeff Ireland and I don't think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Can you blame me? We've done nothing but lose every important game we've been in for the last 10 years.
When the team does something I disagree with, I voice my opinion. Sue me. Unfortunately, I've been right about personnel moves more often than our FO has.
He's not telling you your not a true fan IMO... Just that you might have been a happier person if you had followed the Pats in the last decade. But my gut tells me you would have found something to complain about anyway...

Day 2 of the signing and I'm kinda starting to come around to the idea. I think part of the decision to bring him in had alot to do with the fact that our other WR's are struggling catching the football, and that's simply unacceptable in this offense. Coach Philbin is looking for consistent and reliable players who don't make too many mental mistakes. Whether or not Chad fits that image remains to be seen, but he is/was a highly productive veteran who catches the football pretty well so going forward I will remain optimistic for his chances in helping us. I just hope he doesn't have to kiss the baby before week 1 of the regular season.

I don't have a problem with bringing in Chad Johnson. At the very least it shows they understand that WR needs work, which is far better than the chumps running the team before that had no clue what their weaknesses were, let alone how to fix them. If he still has some left in the tank, awesome. If he doesn't, no big deal. Low risk, high reward.

As for Henne, not sure how you degrade a bad QB. What's a degraded turd?

Pennington was said to be "done" when the Jets cut him in 2008.

Just give him a chance, he just wasn't a good fit in New England, he should do better here. With that said, if it doesn't work out they can always just cut him.

He wasnt a good fit with one of the best QB's in the league? Interesting.

He wasnt a good fit with one of the best QB's in the league? Interesting.
It wasn't the quarterback, it was the system he was put in and the atmosphere around the team. He was out of his element and just didn't fit in. Fresh start on a team he WANTS to be with and it could work out. If it doesn't, so be it, they can simply cut him with no financial impact.

It wasn't the quarterback, it was the system he was put in and the atmosphere around the team. He was out of his element and just didn't fit in. Fresh start on a team he WANTS to be with and it could work out. If it doesn't, so be it, they can simply cut him with no financial impact.

I agree its a low risk signing, and the FIns are short on Depth in that position. I would have brough Plax in, better threat than Ocho

Your are posts starting to sound even more ridiculous by the minute. What do you want? A trophy for being right about the team being bad the last 3 years?!!? Jeez. Gimme a break. Oh, and cussing every other 5 words in most of your posts doesn't make you right or sound smart. I understand this may be cool for some, but it just brings down the value of your posts man. It gets extremely old after a while.

Oh and about fanhood, is that why you were secretly posting "I'm rooting for the Jets during week 17 so we can get a better draft pick" and "I've become a Jets fan" threads in conspicuous corners of these forums?

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?311397-will-slater

Some loyalty there buddy. :bobdole:

Yeah, I left my laptop on and my friend did that to **** with me. I'd ****ing die of thirst before drinking out of a Jets cup.

Marshall is a pain in the ass and you are naive if you think he wasn't degrading Henne in the locker room. Heck he threw Henne under the buss after the 2010 season when he said Thigpen "gets it" and "understands" how to throw to to receivers and that the Henne didn't. He threw Matt Moore under the bus at the Pro Bowl and talked about coach Sparano, but never once mentioned Philbin. Karl Dorrell switched to QB coach in 2011 because he couldn't stand working directly with Marshall. Marshall just wasn't a good teammate or very coachable. Keep in mind we are not arguing talent, this is about personality and how these players fit on the team. I would rather Ochocinco's goofiness over Marshall's destructive behavior.

Everything in bold is pure hearsay and conjecture.

But honestly, Henne came into the league as a talented young QB with a live arm and flashed a great deal of potential very early on, particularly with throwing the ball down the field. I actually liked him a lot at Michigan. But instead of developing these talents and utilizing Henne's ability to throw the ball deep to a weapon like Marshall, Sporano and Henning pulled the reigns in on him. They refused to adapt to modern day football, and kept on going with their Bill Parcells "ground and pound" bull**** (the reason why the Jets will be terrible this year). They continued with the wildcat even when it failed miserably and horribly ruined Henne's rythm when he was in one. You need to look no further than the 2nd Bills game in 2010, Henne was taking the team down the field for a game tying or game winning score and they completely ruined the drive with the God awful Wildcat.
I'm not saying Henne was great, but if developed properly and given some help besides Marshall he could have been a pretty good QB I think. The only time that Marshall hurt Henne was in 2011 when he dropped 2 TDs on him. One against Houston and one against Cleveland, both of which may have cost us the game (specifically against the Browns... Painful). That being said, if you really look at Henne to Marshall in '11, they really weren't the problem in the first 3 weeks. They were the only two that actually showed up and played well against NE week 1, Marshall still had 79 yards and a TD against Houston even though he dropped a crucial TD, and in week 3 we obviously should have scored more points against CLE but we were in position to win until our defense allowed a late game winning touchdown drive to Colt McCoy... I mean that's just bad.

Earlier you said to me that I bash everybody on the team and I love everyone they release, that's not true, I have an opinion on a player and I stick to it whether he's on the Fins or not. I liked Henne at Michigan, I still like him now even though he's damaged goods. I liked Marshall since I saw him burst onto the scene in Denver with Cutler and I still like him now. At the same time, I never liked Tannehill at A&M, therefore I don't like him now. I'm going to root for the Dolphins like crazy from day one this year, but that doesn't mean I can't be honest about how I feel in regards to their personell moves. At the same time, if they get off to another 0-7 start, I can't tell you that I won't be rooting for the highest possible draft pick, because I will be. It's the best thing for the team long term. If getting rid of Marshall means being worse this year for the better of the team long term, then so is rooting for your team to lose when they are out of the playoffs anyway.

Well not so much. Since insomnia is infamous for personal attacks.

Lol just like I tell my girlfriend. If you're acting like a bitch, I'm going to call you a bitch. I don't get what the big problem is.

... I wasn't calling you a bitch I'm just speaking in generalities. Work has been too boring lately, I don't feel like being banned.

Does anyone remember the last time we grabbed a player who wasn't successful in a high powered offense, and was just an "acorn"? Yea, hes now our starting RB after years of being a bust. We gave up a pick for Reggie Bush and this sight went bonkers. That turned out OK. Lets see what Chad can bring to the table. Again, hes not the only one learning a new system, like in N.E., the entire team is. I dont think he can hurt.

Back
Top Bottom