OCNN: OchoCinco signs with Miami. | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OCNN: OchoCinco signs with Miami.

I said Marshall off the field has had problems which Johnson hasn't, but they're still basically the same personality. That selfish diva personality. Give the ball to me, and if I don't get it I sulk. If I'm not happy with how much of a pct. I am of the offense, how much attention I'm getting, I'm gonna whine and open my mouth. Throw people under the bus. Or come at the coaches. Philbin came in here with this no nonsense approach to that stuff, and here we are with the biggest attention whore in the NFL, except he's not even half as good as Marshall at this point.

Most big time NFL WRs are divas. It just comes with the territory. Ochocinco is more of a prankster like Stevie Johnson rather than a selfish trouble-maker like Santonio Holmes. The Fins needed a veteran WR. Would you rather they traded for Holmes?

while i find it hard to disagree with your assessment, realize that its a completely different animal up in New England. an offense where your #1 and #2 TEs combined for an astonishing 2237 yards and caught 237 passes! leading the pack was welker at 122/1569, those receiving numbers are insane, and show just how much the NFL has changed imo. my point, even though Johnson caught only 15 passes, that offense was supercharged through its use of unconventional techniques. Freakin danny woodhead caught more passes that Johnson, that should tell you all you need to know. Prior to last year, he had only one season under 50 rec (his rookie season). last year was no indication of his skill-set, and as mentioned before, on a WR starved team like Miami, he could be the bright spot in our WR corps.

QFT. BTW, if Brady "sours" on a receiver for whatever reason, he simply won't throw to him.

How can anyone have a problem with this signing?

His last year stats are still better than the career stats of all our recievers except 3. Low contract..if he's cut and doesnt make the team, no one remembers Ochocinco on the Phins. No big deal.

Puts huge pressure on the youngsters to perform...things got tougher!

IF he makes the team he will attract attention from defenses...name only. Keeps guys like Revis off guys like Hartline and Bess.

Slows the growth of young WR's???? If one of our young guys are worth anything...it will show up with or without Chad.

I have no expectations yet see a possibility of good things.

All good points. Unless your "young receivers" are relatively high draft picks, they can be safely stashed on the practice squad for a season.

Lol. Still holding onto the no guaranteed $ and league min. Not gonna happen. He is going to cost 2 to 3 mil. With 1 guaranteed.

You are guessing my friend. Realistically, and what has already been rumored, is that probably nothing will be guaranteed. HIGHLY doubt there was a signing bonus. If they cut him before the season they lose nothing. I bet though Ocho could make up to $2-3 million as you mentioned, likely through incentives. Though if he is making that this upcoming season, that likely means he is performing well in the offense and making a differnce.

You are guessing my friend. Realistically, and what has already been rumored, is that probably nothing will be guaranteed. HIGHLY doubt there was a signing bonus. If they cut him before the season they lose nothing. I bet though Ocho could make up to $2-3 million as you mentioned, likely through incentives. Though if he is making that this upcoming season, that likely means he is performing well in the offense and making a differnce.

And what are you doing?? Please be the first to post the details of his contract and then we can chat. You have been claiming (since the beginning as fact) that we will sign him for nothing guaranteed and league min of $925K. I have been saying NOT going to happen. Incentive laden or not he is going to make between 2 - 3 mil and there will be some type of guarenteed $. For that price, to me not worth it. We are not 1 year away (not even 2). I would like to see Philbin develope someone at the position in his offense.

No problem with this signing at all. As many have said, low risk, and why not see what he still has left. I'm hoping for a Moss from the Raiders to NE type turnaround for Chad.

I was thinking about this last season while he was languishing on NE's bench. I had him on my FF team the year before he went to NE and he was putting up good numbers for me, like a #3 Fantasy WR, at least for the Bungles. He never had the kind of injury that you'd expect to seriously hamper his physical ability. If you give him the opportunity to reclaim his place as an elite receiver in the game I think he will surprise. NE was such a bad fit for him.
I'm pretty psyched about it. Our WR was a joke and getting at least a solid #2 WR on the field will go great lengths towards filling the void left by Marshall's departure. If he's physically spent and doesn't have the abilities anymore then we send him on his way. If he's lost his speed I'd sure as **** like to know how. He's not that old.

If you give him the opportunity to reclaim his place as an elite receiver in the game I think he will surprise. NE was such a bad fit for him.

I dont know how people can think that if the NE offense was a bad fit, how Miami could be a better fit while we implement a WCO? People seem to completely overlook this fact and simply argue that "his stats were good before he went to NE, why cant they be good now?". People dont understand why his stats were good pre-NE....they played street ball in Cinci with the passing game. I dont know how people think he would be a good fit in the WCO? Honestly I think Ross had a hand in this signing. Doesnt seem like an Ireland or Philbin type of move at all.

I am super excited about this pick up. My family loves the Bengals so I watch them a lot. He is a class act, just likes to have fun. He is a grown man payed to play a child's game and he loves it. This should be a very entertaining season! That is what football is, entertainment.

This is exactly my line of thinking. Chad is at his best when he's allowed to be OchoCinco and not when he's expected to "tone it down" because of the "Patriot Way". I think you allow him to come here and be himself. Play his kind of football and he's back to being the kind of player he was. If this signing had happen last offseason everone would be applauding it, one bad year in New England and all of a sudden he's done. Absolutely no risk here. He bounces back to his former self and all is good, he doesn't and he's cut and we're no worse for the wear. I like the signing. And another thing, they didn't sign him to REPLACE Marshall, so everyone thinking that is off base. They signed him for competition and depth at a very thin WR position.

You guys always complain about not getting enough respect in the media, now you have your own network- OCNN:D

What is the difference between Marshall and Ochocinco? For starters Ochocinco hasn't been tried to be murdered on two different occasions because of his actions or get in off the field fights. He also doesn't mentally destroy his quarterback. There really is no comparison between Marshall and Ochocinco.

1. Who gives a **** about off the field fights if the don't result in league penalties?
2. Marshall has never mentally destroyed a quarterback. This argument is completely baseless. Jay Cutler loves him, Kyle Orton had the best stretch of play of his career while throwing to him, Chad Henne mentally destroyed himself, and the only time Marshall "dissed" Moore was at the pro bowl when he probably thought the Fins would have a new QB next year anyway. Big deal.
I also don't remember Marshall forcing any of his QBs into early retirement. Palmer would have sooner give up football entirely than deal with another huddle with that schmuck.
3. You're right, there is no comparison between Marshall and Ochocinco. Marshall is awesome and Ochocinco clearly can't play anymore.
Your homerism is absolutely legendary.

1. Who gives a **** about off the field fights if the don't result in league penalties?
2. Marshall has never mentally destroyed a quarterback. This argument is completely baseless. Jay Cutler loves him, Kyle Orton had the best stretch of play of his career while throwing to him, Chad Henne mentally destroyed himself, and the only time Marshall "dissed" Moore was at the pro bowl when he probably thought the Fins would have a new QB next year anyway. Big deal.
I also don't remember Marshall forcing any of his QBs into early retirement. Palmer would have sooner give up football entirely than deal with another huddle with that schmuck.
3. You're right, there is no comparison between Marshall and Ochocinco. Marshall is awesome and Ochocinco clearly can't play anymore.
You're homerism is absolutely legendary.

Marshall has never destroyed a quarterback mentally??? Marshall is a complete headcase and him and Cutler hated each other toward the end of their careers in Denver along with McDaniels. I have never heard of a teammate coming out and saying Ochocinco has been a bad teammate or such. Most players say they love him in the locker room and what he does for the sport. Ochocinco wasnt the reason Palmer was pissed off, he wouldn't play last year either until he was traded and Chad was on the pats. At least Chad never gets on field penalties for spiking the ball or throwing it at Cutler or whatever that hurt the team. He gets in trouble for his endzone celebrations, something Marshall never had a chance to do because he dropped every chance he had to score

I said it's low risk, that's not what bothers me. What bothers me is they scrap Marshall, and then turn around and make this move which is so hypocritical. What's the difference between Marshall and Ocho Cinco personality wise? Ocho has "fun" on the field? Give me a break. He's the same guy that was constantly at odds with Marvin Lewis, constantly throwing tantrums when his team was losing and he wasn't getting the ball. He's a diva. You dropped one diva and brought in another. The difference is THIS guy can't play.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

And you're right, Pennington wasn't done in 2008.

He was done in 2009. When his shoulder gave out again after people stopped shutting down his 2 yard pass routes.

You're one of few who have made any sense on this thread. Thanks.

Marshall has never destroyed a quarterback mentally??? Marshall is a complete headcase and him and Cutler hated each other toward the end of their careers in Denver along with McDaniels. I have never heard of a teammate coming out and saying Ochocinco has been a bad teammate or such. Most players say they love him in the locker room and what he does for the sport. Ochocinco wasnt the reason Palmer was pissed off, he wouldn't play last year either until he was traded and Chad was on the pats. At least Chad never gets on field penalties for spiking the ball or throwing it at Cutler or whatever that hurt the team. He gets in trouble for his endzone celebrations, something Marshall never had a chance to do because he dropped every chance he had to score

Right, Jay Cutler hates Brandon Marshall so much. That must have been the Bears main motivation for trading for Marshall. They must be intentionally trying to ruin Jay Cutler's career. Makes a ton of sense.
If both of these players were in their prime, then the move would make sense... But they're not... So it doesn't.

Cutler and Marshall never hated each other. In fact, Cutler is more than ecstatic to have him back. Link please that says otherwise.

Obviously people are loving to forget Ocho's last season at Cinci....he was not a choir boy, and him and Palmer more than butted heads. By the end of the season, ocho was the headcase over TO. That is saying something.
And talking about dropped passes, has anyone seen Chad play last year? LOL....unreal. Not to mention the wonderful crying during negotiations....and I'm happy you brought up his penalties celebrating....but those are ok?No they are not...and they are not great displays of greatness for our young WRs.

Hmmm, this became a Brandon Marshall thread....hey, do not get me started on him....

We have lauded the Miami Dolphins for their signing of Chad Ochocinco in large part because we have assumed that his contract was a low-risk move.

After seeing the numbers, you could call it a no-risk move.

Peter King of SI.com reported Tuesday that Ochocinco signed for the veteran's minimum of $925,000 deal. He can double that through incentives to just over $2 million, but he will need to catch 80 passes to do that. He caught 15 last year.

Basically, the Dolphins can cut him before the season starts with no penalty. There is no guaranteed money. And we think Ochocinco will have to earn a starting job to even make the team.

As NFL.com reporter Jeff Darlington points out, the Ochocinco move is a sign that the team is doing business differently than it did during the Bill Parcells era. That doesn't mean this was an especially risky move by general manager Jeff Ireland.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829c3295/article/chad-ochocinco-gets-veterans-minimum-

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom