OCNN: OchoCinco signs with Miami. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OCNN: OchoCinco signs with Miami.

"Chad will be making pennies compared to Marshalls deal."

i think you hit the nail on the head. we all knew Marshall was a high risk-high reward type player. as mentioned, chad will be making pennies compared to Marshalls deal, therefore making this move not as risky. this was a good move businesswise, and should any more wrs hit the market between now and august, i'd have to believe we'll take a look at them too, for the right price. its not the fact it was ocho cinco/84/chad johnson, as he may want you to believe. i think when it comes down to it, we saw a viable option at #1 WR hit the open market, and made a play for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a few reasons why I believe we signed Ochocinco and none of them are based on what the front office feel he can contribute on the field.

-He spent last year with the Pats and so (in theory) can provide us some insight into their system. However, seeing how he was unable to pick it up himself it seems unlikely he will be able to help us much in that regard.
-Ross clearly wants to shove the Dolphins into the media spotlight by doing Hard Knocks. How do you make the Miami Hard Knocks more interesting to the general public? - get in a notorious clown.
-Chad loves to self-publicise and is an avid (and inane) tweeter. In the process of trying to set up a post NFL career as a ballerina or some other such stunt, he might raise the profile of the Phins which Mr.Ross will surely love.

All this extra attention for a veteran minimum contract and some possible contribution on the field was too much for the FO to pass up.

I hate the move, but I do not like celebrity and sport mixing in any way. I just hope we get something from him in a football sense.

Great signing! He had a off year because of not catching out to the playbook. He also didn't have a full offseason to prepare for the playbook like he will in miami. Welcome ochocinco!!!

Greg A. Bedard of The Boston Globe spoke to multiple sources over the course of last season who claimed Ochocinco just didn't get it. Coaches would instruct Ochocinco on how to run a route, only to have him forget minutes later.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-had-trouble-with-routes?campaign=Twitter_atl

But as I have been saying since he was released and even before he was rumored to be going to Miami that this can't hurt. He is not a disruptive and destructive WR like Marshall, Holmes or Burress more of a mouth like Channing Crowder.

His personality has never been an issue with me. Its his WR skills that I'm worried about. This guy doesnt know where to line up and what routes to run? and drops a lot of passes? and doesnt know a WCO? And doesnt have mentor characteristics? This seems kinda fishy....it doesnt seem like an Ireland or Philbin signing....

His personality has never been an issue with me. Its his WR skills that I'm worried about. This guy doesnt know where to line up and what routes to run? and drops a lot of passes? and doesnt know a WCO? And doesnt have mentor characteristics? This seems kinda fishy....it doesnt seem like an Ireland or Philbin signing....
Philbin was complaining about his WRs just yesterday.

Its a mystery how such a terrible WR managed to make multiple pro bowls.

Jerry Rice mad the pro bowl a dozen times, why dont we sign him? Because he's 40+ years old and isnt good anymore. You are talking about the past, and I am talking about today. There's a hug difference between a 25 year old player and a 35 year old player.

Jerry Rice mad the pro bowl a dozen times, why dont we sign him? Because he's 40+ years old and isnt good anymore. You are talking about the past, and I am talking about today. There's a hug difference between a 25 year old player and a 35 year old player.

Link to Ochocinco being 40+ years old or your point is invalid(or a reach, either way). Johnson was shut out of NE's offense last year, but was very very good still in Cincy at the ripe old age of 32. Honestly, have you seen our WR corps?

Link to Ochocinco being 40+ years old or your point is invalid. Johnson was shut out of NE's offense last year, but was very very good still in Cincy at the ripe old age of 32. Honestly, have you seen our WR corps?

If he was "very very good" as you say, he wouldnt have been shut out of the offense. You dont shut out "very, very good" players from your team. So since pro bowls seem to be your measuring stick, were you a fan of bringing in TO or Randy Moss?

Back
Top Bottom