OCNN: OchoCinco signs with Miami. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OCNN: OchoCinco signs with Miami.

They traded a 5th round pick in the past draft and a 6th round pick in next year's draft. They also paid him $6 million last season and will have $2 million in dead money this season and $2 million in dead space next year.

Miami gets him for likely no guaranteed money and a salary for less than $1 million. Yet people praised the Patriots for the trade but question Miami now for signing him.

Solid opinion Nublar...you always keep things in perspective.

while i find it hard to disagree with your assessment, realize that its a completely different animal up in New England. an offense where your #1 and #2 TEs combined for an astonishing 2237 yards and caught 237 passes! leading the pack was welker at 122/1569, those receiving numbers are insane, and show just how much the NFL has changed imo. my point, even though Johnson caught only 15 passes, that offense was supercharged through its use of unconventional techniques. Freakin danny woodhead caught more passes that Johnson, that should tell you all you need to know. Prior to last year, he had only one season under 50 rec (his rookie season). last year was no indication of his skill-set, and as mentioned before, on a WR starved team like Miami, he could be the bright spot in our WR corps.

They traded a 5th round pick in the past draft and a 6th round pick in next year's draft. They also paid him $6 million last season and will have $2 million in dead money this season and $2 million in dead space next year.

Miami gets him for likely no guaranteed money and a salary for less than $1 million. Yet people praised the Patriots for the trade but question Miami now for signing him.
Lol. Still holding onto the no guaranteed $ and league min. Not gonna happen. He is going to cost 2 to 3 mil. With 1 guaranteed.

2nd head scratcher of the off-season (1st being the Brandon Marshall trade). I just hope picking up NE's sloppy seconds doesn't become a trend with this regime. I'll get behind the move once it starts making sense, but I must say the direction of the team seems out of whack now. I thought we were trying to build up our own young players so that we can be competitive for years to come, but it seems like we are in a "win now" mode which to me is how it should be but anybody that's been paying attention will tell you we're actually rebuilding.
NE has always done well picking up our "sloppy seconds " ...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Great signing! He had a off year because of not catching out to the playbook. He also didn't have a full offseason to prepare for the playbook like he will in miami. Welcome ochocinco!!!

How can anyone have a problem with this signing?

His last year stats are still better than the career stats of all our recievers except 3. Low contract..if he's cut and doesnt make the team, no one remembers Ochocinco on the Phins. No big deal.

Puts huge pressure on the youngsters to perform...things got tougher!

IF he makes the team he will attract attention from defenses...name only. Keeps guys like Revis off guys like Hartline and Bess.

Slows the growth of young WR's???? If one of our young guys are worth anything...it will show up with or without Chad.

I have no expectations yet see a possibility of good things.

I have absolutely no problem with this signing. With the other options that are out there (Edwards, Burress) I think he has the most potential for upside. Last year he definitely did not have a good year but you have to look at it with a little bit of prospective. NE had two tight ends that had phenomenal seasons last year and since no one and I mean absolutely no one was ready to be attacked in that way the pats just continued to exploit it. Then you have Welker who is Brady's favorite target out there. I just think that OchoCinco stepped into a situation that he was never going to succeed in and if you can never get on page with the QB than you will never succeed. I find it hard to beleive that anyone would really have more hopes that Wallace, Pruit or Moore are magically going to become top WRs this year. OchoCinco may not but we have nothing to lose by bringing him in...

LOW RISK

POSSIBLY A STEAL

PATRIOTS R SO DUMB LOL!!

THE 6-10 DOLPHINS REALLY PULLED ONE OVER ON OLD BELICHEAT!

.....yawn.

LOW RISK

POSSIBLY A STEAL

PATRIOTS R SO DUMB LOL!!

.....yawn.

TROUBLEMAKER!

GOING TO RUIN OUR FRANCHISE!

NOTHING LEFT IN THE TANK!

BROKE THE BANK AT A 1MIL CONTRACT!

...two can play that game.

LOW RISK

POSSIBLY A STEAL

PATRIOTS R SO DUMB LOL!!

.....yawn.

whats to yawn about? some are making this into a ocho of old, most are not

we hope he can help, he has the ability

at least give the man a shot right? this is his hometown and has always wanted to play for miami, I hope it inspires him

I think Im honestly the only Dolphin fan that doesnt like this

At worst Ocho does not make the team and we lose nothing. we cut him during camp.
At best we have a decent WR threat He's not gunna cost anything.. Wheres the problem naysayers?? whats the worst that could really happen?

Look how he acted in NE? totally chill. I think ocho will only be "obnoxious ocho" if he ends up making the team and being really good. And even obnoxious ocho is no QB cancer like TO or Marshall.

Bring him in see what he can do.. I like it!

I think someone touched on it, and Ill elaborate a bit....

Last year there was a lockout. Chad, who is not known as a MENSA member, had less time then normal to learn one of the most difficult systems in the NFL. Here at least, he'll have an entire offseason to learn the playbook. He also wont be the only one learning, as its a new system for everyone but the TAMU guys. I dont expect him to come in and go for 80-1200-12. I do think he could be a valuable piece in helping our kids. They'll be able to learn from one of the hardest working WRs in the game.

The Marshall/Ocho comparisons are absurd. Chad hasnt had a single run-in with the law and isnt a threat to be suspended. Marshall is a loose cannon (although, it may be a part of his illness) who is one incident away from a year suspension. He was also our highest paid player on offense. Chad will be making pennies compared to Marshalls deal. I like this signing. Only on here will you find a zero risk/high reward signing at our weakest position criticized. Sheesh.

Back
Top Bottom