OCNN: OchoCinco signs with Miami. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OCNN: OchoCinco signs with Miami.

I don't know why you would be upset with this. If he is washed up he wont play and we are right where we are right back to where we were yesterday. The pats have been signing our guys and sticking it to us for years maybe this will be our chance at doing it to them. I dont see any risk here. Good signing.

I hope he comes in with a chip on his shoulder. Hopefully he will come in and compete hard.

I don't know why you would be upset with this. If he is washed up he wont play and we are right where we are right back to where we were yesterday. The pats have been signing our guys and sticking it to us for years maybe this will be our chance at doing it to them. I dont see any risk here. Good signing.

Agreed, what's the worst that can happen from this signing? Absolutely everything I have heard indicates that Chad was a good teammate and NOT a cancer in New England.

I agree that it doesn't hurt to sign 85. If he has something left in the tank, let's see it.

I said Marshall off the field has had problems which Johnson hasn't, but they're still basically the same personality. That selfish diva personality. Give the ball to me, and if I don't get it I sulk. If I'm not happy with how much of a pct. I am of the offense, how much attention I'm getting, I'm gonna whine and open my mouth. Throw people under the bus. Or come at the coaches. Philbin came in here with this no nonsense approach to that stuff, and here we are with the biggest attention whore in the NFL, except he's not even half as good as Marshall at this point.

Ochocinco-"Coach I want the Ball all the time!" Philbin- "Haha, no."

see, easy as that. Our coach isn't going to deal with that, besides I hadn't seen Ochocinco do that at all in New England, he was pretty low profile there, why not here?

Just when you think the dolphins couldnt become any more of a joke. What a sad franchise.
This from a guy with a team whose locker-room almost exploded last year and whose starting QB is going to be replaced by a guy with a completion rate in the 40's.

I doubt he even makes it past training camp. The guy looked just about done in New England. It won't get any better for him here.

I doubt he even makes it past training camp. The guy looked just about done in New England. It won't get any better for him here.

I think he has something left in him.

He's just not really the smartest player out there, no way he understood New England's playbook, it'll probably be a little easier here, and there's more of a chance for him to shine being the only "big name" guy here.

Randy Moss only had 28 catches in 2010 and was on three different teams during the season. He sat out all of 2011 and when the 49ers signed him at 35 years old, people loved the move and talked about how he can rebound in a new situation. Why is giving Ochocinco another chance met with such resistance by fans and the media? I saw Alex Marvez and Adam Schein laughing it up together on Twitter over this signing, I just don't understand the negativity. If he sucks in camp he will be cut, there is no risk. What if last year he was just in a bad situation and returns to his form from 2009 or 2010? Miami could make out big time.

No risk with a potential high reward. The guy was muzzled and not allowed to be himself, so that could have been part of the reason he was a bust in New England. Florio, of all people, was on the radio the other day and said when Ochocinco was in New England he was basically scared of his shadow. He was thinking to much and didn't just play the game. Perhaps a looser environment where he can be himself is what he needs.

I think he has something left in him.

He's just not really the smartest player out there, no way he understood New England's playbook, it'll probably be a little easier here, and there's more of a chance for him to shine being the only "big name" guy here.

I'm not really against having Chad here either. Awkward we are going into Hard Knocks... Everyone seems to think that is what Chad is here for.
Antics won't be tolerated. He has to earn it. Make the football team.
Might be a good decoy.

wonder if chad is taking the infamous number 19...

hopefully this lights a fire under our young WR's asses. Wallace, Moore, Pruitt, Matthews, Gates, I'm talking to you.

I'm not really against having Chad here either. Awkward we are going into Hard Knocks... Everyone seems to think that is what Chad is here for.
Antics won't be tolerated. He has to earn it. Make the football team.
Might be a good decoy.

Completely agree, I think some people think he's already got a roster spot, he has to earn it first. And if he earns it, then more power to him, he showed that he still has something left.

Back
Top Bottom