*Official 06-07 NHL Thread* | Page 84 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official 06-07 NHL Thread*

Uni, you can't win with this guy he's exactly why the rest of us hate the leafs. There fans have the biggest homer glasses in the world. I don't think my Flames will make it to the cup, but they have an average chance the West is open.

The Leafs would have allrady been eliminated if they were in the west.

Even my dad who lives back in Ontario where I grew up by the way agrees with me and says his leafs have no chance this year. And my dad is a Leaf homer.

The only thing I like about the Leafs is Kaberle and Wellwood.

Stats are for losers wins and losses are what counts.

Complete and utter contradiction.

On the one hand, you contend that ''their fans have the biggest homer glasses in the world'', on the other you write ''your dad is a Leafs homer and says the Leafs have no chance this year.'' Admitting your team has no chance to win the Cup and being a ''homer" are oxymorons.

Further, you state that ''Stats are for losers win and losses are what counts.'' What exactly are wins and losses, if not stats ?

There are homers on every team. For every one, you'll find a fair weather fan and a knowledgeable one. I just don't see how Kipper is better than Roberto ''MVP'' Luongo though, especially if you consider the Flames back end (although the Nucks one is close with the underrated Bieksa's play).

Complete and utter contradiction.

On the one hand, you contend that ''their fans have the biggest homer glasses in the world'', on the other you write ''your dad is a Leafs homer and says the Leafs have no chance this year.'' Admitting your team has no chance to win the Cup and being a ''homer" are oxymorons.

Further, you state that ''Stats are for losers win and losses are what counts.'' What exactly are wins and losses, if not stats ?

There are homers on every team. For every one, you'll find a fair weather fan and a knowledgeable one. I just don't see how Kipper is better than Roberto ''MVP'' Luongo though, especially if you consider the Flames back end (although the Nucks one is close with the underrated Bieksa's play).

So your telling me you can't be a huge leaf fan and state the obvious saying they have no chance.

Luongo is playing better than Kipper this year. I didn't think he could do it all year but he did, he is lights out.

Let me elaborate for you wins and losses are the only two stats that matter. Are you happy or are you just pissed off because I cut up your maple leafs.

So your telling me you can't be a huge leaf fan and state the obvious saying they have no chance.

Luongo is playing better than Kipper this year. I didn't think he could do it all year but he did, he is lights out.

Let me elaborate for you wins and losses are the only two stats that matter. Are you happy or are you just pissed off because I cut up your maple leafs.

leafs are currently 1 point out of the final playoff spot with 2 games left and a final home game against #8 montreal - montreal has 2 away games left - the other game at the n.y. rangers - hate the leafs all you guys want, but saying the leafs have no chance right now is just plain wrong

It's been awhile since Buffalo was good on both ends of the ice for a full game. They've officially gone wire-to-wire in the East. I'm wondering what Lindy is going to do about the President's trophy. IMO, Ty Conklin plays a couple games to rest Miller. From being a healthy scratch in the playoffs to 40 goals and +40 is about as big of a step a player could make and I think Vanek is on his way to being a superstar.

That was ugly, 2-more points! Raycrofts 37th win, and look out "Gill" scored again!!! Either way the Habs or Us, at least its a Canadian team getting in.

leafs are currently 1 point out of the final playoff spot with 2 games left and a final home game against #8 montreal - montreal has 2 away games left - the other game at the n.y. rangers - hate the leafs all you guys want, but saying the leafs have no chance right now is just plain wrong

I never said they don't have a shot at the playoffs. I'm just saying they have no chance of winning the cup.

I may be eating crow one day who knows, just seesm to me that Raycroft will not get teh job done in the playoffs for the leafs

Could use a regulation win by the Rangers tonight! And for the record "when" or "if" the Leafs make it,I don't think anyone in the East is going to loose any sleep when gameplanning against us,It just shows US fans we're FINALLY moving in the right direction.

Everyone rather see the Habs in the playoffs because they play like they have never grew hair on there chests. The Leafs will run whoever they play down if they can drag the series out because we our a little more physical!

WOW the avalanche just won't die.

Avs are 14-1-2 in there last 17 games and closed within 3 of the Flames.

The Flames lost 4-3 to the Sharks, the reffing was just brutal at the end, Lankow was speared, no call, Huselius was slashed no call, Lombardi was hit from behind and cross checked twice and no call,

Still I know it's not excuse but show some consistancy calling penalties.

Coming down to the week-end.

Back
Top Bottom