Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread

RWhitney014 said:
Man, the stadium was electric last night. Big crowd by our standards on a Tuesday night, and the place was hopping all the way through. Amazingly, no one left going into the 9th, and they were rewarded.

And after the game, what you guys didn't see on TV, was everyone in the concourse chanting "Let's go Marlins" all the way out. First time I've heard it like that since the 2003 playoffs.

Oh, and I'm good with walkoff homers...I was at the last one, the Mikey Lowell shot off of Loop in 2004. Go me.
I am in a starnge situation in that I am a HUGE Dolphin fan but also a Met fan. So I decided to go to the game last night after visiting Dolphin camp during the day.These are some of my observations and by no means do I mean them as anykind of trash talk
1. The stadium at that time of day was absolutly gorgeous.
2. I was in awe how easy it was to get tickets and maybe I am just used to Shea Stadium but I could not believe how few people there was there. Most of the ballpark from what I could tell were Met fans
3.Whoever sang the National Anthem got the words wrong..I was sitting over the met dugout about 17 rows up and we were all laughing asking if they had since changed the words since the last time it was sang.
4.I have never been to a Marlin game before..you think the electric feeling was just because of the Mets or that is normal for a game?
5.Why do Marlin fans chant "Lets go Marlins" when they are in the field?. I only have heard chants like that when the team is up at bat?
6. It was so funny feeling the hatred of New Yorkers from the other side of the fence(I am a dolphin fan and HATE Jet fans).
7.Why in Gods name do they still collect tolls on the turnpike after the game? It snarls traffic terribly. Why not pay both ways coming in or just wave the toll leaving to open things up?
Overall it was a pretty good experience(except for the 9th..lol)It was just funny rooting against a miami team in that stadium when if it was a football game I would be going the other way!

NYPhinFan said:
I am in a starnge situation in that I am a HUGE Dolphin fan but also a Met fan. So I decided to go to the game last night after visiting Dolphin camp during the day.These are some of my observations and by no means do I mean them as anykind of trash talk
2. I was in awe how easy it was to get tickets and maybe I am just used to Shea Stadium but I could not believe how few people there was there. Most of the ballpark from what I could tell were Met fans
3.Whoever sang the National Anthem got the words wrong..I was sitting over the met dugout about 17 rows up and we were all laughing asking if they had since changed the words since the last time it was sang.
4.I have never been to a Marlin game before..you think the electric feeling was just because of the Mets or that is normal for a game?
5.Why do Marlin fans chant "Lets go Marlins" when they are in the field?. I only have heard chants like that when the team is up at bat?
6. It was so funny feeling the hatred of New Yorkers from the other side of the fence(I am a dolphin fan and HATE Jet fans).
7.Why in Gods name do they still collect tolls on the turnpike after the game? It snarls traffic terribly. Why not pay both ways coming in or just wave the toll leaving to open things up?
Overall it was a pretty good experience(except for the 9th..lol)It was just funny rooting against a miami team in that stadium when if it was a football game I would be going the other way!

Because its nice to for your team to hear a chant whenever.....they are young guys, they appreciate it, hitting isnt any more important than fielding really if you think about it

Alex44 said:
Because its nice to for your team to hear a chant whenever.....they are young guys, they appreciate it, hitting isnt any more important than fielding really if you think about it
It seemed all the Mets fans there really got under the collar of some of the marlin fans. It was kinda fun going back and forth with the "lets Go Mets" and "lets go marlins"..and the chants of MVP for Beltran. One thing I noticed is that Cabrera should run for office...he seems to be the man there in Miami. He is one heck of a player.

NYPhinFan said:

7:Low budget team: can't pay for tolls:boohoo:
4: cuz its the mets
2: cuz fish fans always come up with a lame excuse not to go.

NYPhinFan said:
It seemed all the Mets fans there really got under the collar of some of the marlin fans. It was kinda fun going back and forth with the "lets Go Mets" and "lets go marlins"..and the chants of MVP for Beltran. One thing I noticed is that Cabrera should run for office...he seems to be the man there in Miami. He is one heck of a player.

Met fans definitly bring out the best in Marlin fans....most of the fans that actually attend games here are great fans I have to give them a hand for that, they love the team

I like Willis more but Cabrera could get anything he wanted from this city :lol: he has to be the most loved player I have ever seen in any Miami franchise other than Marino and Dwyane Wade

Get Up And Go said:
The stadium was 45.8% full though:rolleyes:
That stadium was not close to being full last night..lol..The start of the game i thought we had the time messed up..it was so empty.

Get Up And Go said:
7:Low budget team: can't pay for tolls:boohoo:
4: cuz its the mets
2: cuz fish fans always come up with a lame excuse not to go.
Thanks for the answers...that toll thing had me steamed last night...caused so much traffic.I did not get the attendance figures last night but there had to be a 60/40 met advantage in the stands I think.

NYPhinFan said:
Thanks for the answers...that toll thing had me steamed last night...caused so much traffic.I did not get the attendance figures last night but there had to be a 60/40 met advantage in the stands I think.

The attendence was 16,641

NYPhinFan said:
That stadium was not close to being full last night..lol..The start of the game i thought we had the time messed up..it was so empty.

The fish don't use the whole stadium when it comes to seating.

NYPhinFan said:
The funniest thing I saw last night was on the scoreboard when they used a clip from the "Family Guy" about all the NY trash left on his lawn..the NY post..the NY times...and the NY Mets!...lol.Did you see the shot Beltran hit!..wow...that CF on the Marlins can sure run it down..he made some nice catches out there last night. That leftfield wall sure makes it hard to tell right away if a ball is gone..you have to wait.I knew soon as that guy hit that ball off Wagner it was gone..I just put my head down..I just knew it!

Back
Top Bottom