Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread

Well thats good news that the MARLINS will most likely stay..Now lets hope they can get more fans interested in the team.

ChambersWI said:
you misunderstoodmy comparison between the two. I wasn't saying they were similar pitchers, I was saying they are similar in their effectiveness. Neither one will overpower you, but they know how to get you out.

Sorry, Johnson's got a 94 mph fastball. That can be overpowering. They're just different pitchers. The best Maddux comparison the Marlins have is Petit. He throws 88-90, relies on a unique arm angle, deception, and multiple breaking balls to get guys out. Of course, he hasn't had much success yet in the bigs, probably because his offspeed pitches need to develop some more, but he's closer to Maddux than Johnson.

And even if you're going to insist Johnson and Maddux are similar, your whole premise that neither is going to rack up Ks is off base anyway. Maddux' 3,133 career strikeouts are 12th ever, ahead of greats like Bob Gibson, Cy Young, Bob Feller, and Christy Mathewson.

Johnson, meanwhile, struck out 103 and 113 in his first two full minor league seasons, and he is on pace for 150 K this year. Not exactly a non-K threat. Olsen is going to strike out more long-term most likely because his out pitch is a slider, much more of a K threat than Johnson's sinker. But Josh is around the strike zone so much that he can get ahead and then go up above the letters with 94-95 heat and strike guys out that way.

23Ronnie23 said:
Olsen pitches today

Whenever Johnson or Olsen pitches I pretty much just call it a win before it happens, I have THAT much confidence in them, it suprises me when they pitch poorly

RWhitney014 said:
That wasn't an error. It's rare when a player has to slide or dive for a ball that they charge an error unless the ball was in the glove and came out. Ball was hit well, got the right spot, a legit hit.

Now, if there were a no-no going on...

I think Uggla has a good chance at making the play.

I wouldnt get exicited about the rookies playing great this year some of them not all of them.

Get Up And Go said:
I think Uggla has a good chance at making the play.

Maybe so. Doesn't mean it's an error if he doesn't make it. Either way, we're splitting hairs. We won the game by a couple of touchdowns, assuming Scott Norwood's the kicker.

RWhitney014 said:
Maybe so. Doesn't mean it's an error if he doesn't make it. Either way, we're splitting hairs. We won the game by a couple of touchdowns, assuming Scott Norwood's the kicker.

That is usually is how you judge if its an error. Would he normally make that play? I say yes.

JOSH WILLINGHAM WALK OFF HOME RUN :woot:

He called it before the game to 'Joe just wanted to give me the day off, but I'll be ready for Wagner in the late innings'

okay he didnt call a home run but its pretty cool :lol:

Alex44 said:
JOSH WILLINGHAM WALK OFF HOME RUN :woot:

He called it before the game to 'Joe just wanted to give me the day off, but I'll be ready for Wagner in the late innings'

okay he didnt call a home run but its pretty cool :lol:
That was awesome.

Back
Top Bottom