Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2006 Florida Marlins Thread

23Ronnie23 said:
Why does no one ever talk about my boy Josh Johnson. All this Liriano talk, what about JJ. Lowest ERA in the NL give the boy some dap. On ESPN they were talking about Scott Olsen as one of the best rookie pitchers and no JJ. Why the lack of props to JJ. Hes a stud.

JJ is the ****, no doubt

23Ronnie23 said:
Why does no one ever talk about my boy Josh Johnson. All this Liriano talk, what about JJ. Lowest ERA in the NL give the boy some dap. On ESPN they were talking about Scott Olsen as one of the best rookie pitchers and no JJ. Why the lack of props to JJ. Hes a stud.

I love Josh, Olsen can dominate and strike out guys + is left handed, thats why he gets more attention probally

Josh has had some tough luck in some games, his record should be better

what a game today-- i was there
we absolutely ROCKED lieber, even our pitcher was smashing him! jj is the man!
anyone notice utleys past 2 hits have been really lucky in the past two games??

way to go fish!

miamikid92 said:
what a game today-- i was there
we absolutely ROCKED lieber, even our pitcher was smashing him! jj is the man!
anyone notice utleys past 2 hits have been really lucky in the past two games??

way to go fish!

Not to metion the fact the Utley "Hit" that Uggla failed to get was an error.

23Ronnie23 said:

It's because Liriano is doing this in the American League. No offense, but the National League on the whole just sucks... it's alot harder to put up a sub 2.00 ERA in the AL as opposed to the NL.

Johnson is a nice young arm though, no doubt about that.

Get Up And Go said:
Not to metion the fact the Utley "Hit" that Uggla failed to get was an error.

That wasn't an error. It's rare when a player has to slide or dive for a ball that they charge an error unless the ball was in the glove and came out. Ball was hit well, got the right spot, a legit hit.

Now, if there were a no-no going on...

RWhitney014 said:
That wasn't an error. It's rare when a player has to slide or dive for a ball that they charge an error unless the ball was in the glove and came out. Ball was hit well, got the right spot, a legit hit.

Now, if there were a no-no going on...

:lol: so true

Tomorrow vs the Mets

Big series for us, if we want the Wildcard we cant afford to be losing series, we need to take 2 of 3 which wont be easy

Alex44 said:
:lol: so true

Tomorrow vs the Mets

Big series for us, if we want the Wildcard we cant afford to be losing series, we need to take 2 of 3 which wont be easy
Olsen pitches today

23Ronnie23 said:

I give him love all the time, but out of our pitchers he will garner the least attention. He's not a proven commodity like Willis, nor does he have the dominating stuff that Olsen has and Nolasco/Sanchez have the potential to have.

Don't get me wrong, he is a stud, but in the way Maddux was. He's not going to strike out a lot of guys he's just going to get them out.

Any new News on whether the Marlins are staying or moving? Seems like I heard something a few months ago but cant remember where,that they may stay in Florida even if they dont stay in the Miami area.I hope they dont move though.

DolFan74 said:
Any new News on whether the Marlins are staying or moving? Seems like I heard something a few months ago but cant remember where,that they may stay in Florida even if they dont stay in the Miami area.I hope they dont move though.
San Antonion couldnt build a stadium and hialeah is working hard to get a stadium built so it looks like they may end up staying in south florida.

DolFan74 said:

More importantly, Hialeah just got clearance to build a water osmosis plant, which allays the possible deal-breaking concerns over not enough potable water in the area. Secondly, simply speaking, they won another adjustment of the Urban Development Boundary (UDB), which helps for building as well. Baby steps.

And Johnson comparing to Maddux? Not at all. First of all, Maddux is 5'11'' or so, JJ is 6'6'', I think. Maddux throws 88 tops and has a dizzying array of ways to throw a fastball. JJ throws 94, can reach 95, and has a sinker a la Brandon Webb. That's a better comparison, although Webb's ground ball-fly ball ratio is more extreme.

RWhitney014 said:
More importantly, Hialeah just got clearance to build a water osmosis plant, which allays the possible deal-breaking concerns over not enough potable water in the area. Secondly, simply speaking, they won another adjustment of the Urban Development Boundary (UDB), which helps for building as well. Baby steps.

And Johnson comparing to Maddux? Not at all. First of all, Maddux is 5'11'' or so, JJ is 6'6'', I think. Maddux throws 88 tops and has a dizzying array of ways to throw a fastball. JJ throws 94, can reach 95, and has a sinker a la Brandon Webb. That's a better comparison, although Webb's ground ball-fly ball ratio is more extreme.

you misunderstoodmy comparison between the two. I wasn't saying they were similar pitchers, I was saying they are similar in their effectiveness. Neither one will overpower you, but they know how to get you out.

Back
Top Bottom