**Official 2013 Draft Prospect Discussion Thread** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official 2013 Draft Prospect Discussion Thread**

i think reid may be a strong safety in the pros...some stiffness in those hips and i think he'll get exposed in coverage...i like him but i think a lot of his game is what we already have in reshad jones...jones may have better ball skills though...i'll pass on reid at free safety

logan thomas was underwhelming against ga tech...errant passes and good god how much they gonna run him this year??? ugly offense in that game...a hard watch...the wr davis i think his name is is a big body and he looks like he's got some things to his game but he was inconsistent all night and looks to me like more hype than substance...the kind of guy you got a wait a while to get a return on...i hope i can do better than that with a top 3 round pick personally...

the fs lester for bama is interesting...might be able to pluck him with a 3rd rounder...

overall i watched 4 college games last week and they all were underwhelming...michigan looked like trash against bama...god dang is that freshman rb yeldon a stud...wow...something awkward about his body lean when he runs i guess cause he's so long but when he came in the game and got the rock it was a different level...looks like a future top 10 nfl pick...vision acceleration...toughness inside...great feet...that kids the goods...they need to get lacie out of the way that guys run of the mill as they come...

the rb leondre bell for mich state has damn good feet for 245 lbs...and he plays like he weighs...downhill...not sure about top end speed but i tell ya one thing he looks like a scat back with how comfortable he is catching the ball...that's an interesting kid...too bad the mich st qb sucks as does the boise qb...

another guy who's versatility i really like is jones the olineman for bama...i think he's played every position on the oline and played it at a high level...god dang he's mastering center now...teams are gonna LOVE that versatility...probably not a left tackle possibility in the pros but any interior position and right tackle i think he's a gamer for

another guy who's versatility i really like is jones the olineman for bama...i think he's played every position on the oline and played it at a high level...god dang he's mastering center now...teams are gonna LOVE that versatility...probably not a left tackle possibility in the pros but any interior position and right tackle i think he's a gamer for
Yeah that versatility is something teams will covet.

i think reid may be a strong safety in the pros...some stiffness in those hips and i think he'll get exposed in coverage...i like him but i think a lot of his game is what we already have in reshad jones...jones may have better ball skills though...i'll pass on reid at free safety
He is solid..but I agree I don't see anything special. He will get pushed up the draft board though Im sure. He is no Eric Berry or Earl Thomas that is for sure.

Justin Hunter had a great game!

The DE from Florida State has 5 sacks in two games and I believe he didnt even play the full half against savannah state because of the blow out.

Also Corey Lemonier has 3 sacks in two games.

I'm looking forward to week #3 in college football. ESPN has Florida State/Wake Forest, Tennessee/Florida and later Utah is playing on ESPN 2 @ 10pm ... I'm looking forward to seeing Werner and Rhodes from Florida State, Patterson and Hunter from TN and Lotulelei again from Utah.

Bjoern Werner has been playing out of his mind. His stock is soaring and I don't see how he isn't a top fifteen pick. He reminds me of a blend between JJ Watt & Jared Allen. He uses his hands well to keep blockers' hands off of him and he also plays with a ton of power. He is an classic plug and play player

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Barrett Jones is one of my favorite players in the draft. He has the versatility to play 5 positions and play them at a high level.

Logan Thomas, EJ Manuel, whoop de doo. Nothing to see there. Overrated.

Tyler Bray is the young qb who looks good to me. Besides Barkley of course.

Stedman Bailey would fit in our offense perfectly.

I have no idea who we should draft, I have never watched a college game in my life. But I hope we use our first round and our highest second round pick on wide receivers. Then id like to see us try and replace Vonte Davis in the second round as well. After that I dont know, just fill what ever holes need filled, right guard perhaps.

Hopefully next years draft will bring improvement and the one after that could actually make us competitive.

Also a hypothetical question for you draft nerds, if Tannehill had stayed another year in Texas, played well and showed solid progression what pick would he have been in 2013?

Tannehill couldn't stay another year because he was already a Senior. Secondly, he was better as a junior than he was as a senior.

One thing I notice watching most of these receivers is a tendancy for dropped passes. For some of 'em it isn't necessarily something new... but for some of 'em it is.

I see them all, including several that are probably a little off the radar of the general draft community and underrated prospects. The only one's I haven't seen any dropped passes from are Stedman Bailey and Aaron Dobson.

One of the most underrated defensive ends I've found is Western Kentucky's Quanterus Smith. This kid could start in the SEC.

He's 6'5", 250 pounds with incredible quickness... and he can bend. I watched him personally wreck Alabama's offensive line last Saturday for 3 sacks and 3 TFL's. I dug in to some of his 2011 film and watched him dominate Sun Belt competition week in and week out. Very talented and well coached kid that will likely find his way higher on my board than most.

Coach Taggert's squad has another very underrated linebacker that I already knew about. He's an underclassman and unlikely to come out this year although it's certainly possible by the name of Andrew Jackson. At 6'1", 255 pounds he moves, plays, and reacts a lot like a young Ray Lewis. In fact, he played at the same high school as Ray Lewis (Kathleen). Jackson had offers on the table from SEC schools.

It's no coincidence that this team plays everybody tough, and beat Kentucky yesterday. Despite some of the underrated talent they have, they're just so well coached....especially in the front 7.

Back
Top Bottom