Official 2013 Miami Dolphins Training Camp Thread. | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2013 Miami Dolphins Training Camp Thread.

believe Sturgis missed a few 40+ yarders today. carpenter hit all 10 yesterday...

from what I have seen he made 3 of 4, cant see any other mention on twitter at all beyond those 4

from what I have seen he made 3 of 4, cant see any other mention on twitter at all beyond those 4

per Andrew Abramson @AbramsonPBP Sturgis misses 40yd fg. carpenter nailed all 10, and @ArmandoSalguero Strugis missed a 47 yard field goal. oops.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

although, they might be the same kick, and one of them didn't add the 7 yards.

I'm just going by what I've seen reported, I recall it being said that Sturgis was shaky in minicamp, too.

I'm pretty disappointed by Dan Carpenter's performance over the last couple of years, but if he wins the job, he should win the job.
never heard that myself. I do remember reading that Sturgis was hitting multiple 50+ kicks with ease

per Andrew Abramson @AbramsonPBP Sturgis misses 40yd fg. carpenter nailed all 10, and @ArmandoSalguero Strugis missed a 47 yard field goal. oops.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

although, they might be the same kick, and one of them didn't add the 7 yards.

yea i noticed several differnet length kicks were reported at the exact same time I assumed the reporters cant count lol

I'm just going by what I've seen reported, I recall it being said that Sturgis was shaky in minicamp, too.

I'm pretty disappointed by Dan Carpenter's performance over the last couple of years, but if he wins the job, he should win the job.

IIRC Sturgis had the better mini camp than Carp.

I can see a third kicker being brought in for competition.

you cant be serious?

At the end of the day carp kicked 10/10 and sturgis 4/5 im guessing thats bog standard for a kicker in practice with no contact.

Its what they do under pressure in a game day that counts, all these guys can kick, they should be hitting 99/100 in practice its game day with a defense trying to break you leg and the result hingingon your kick that matters

way too much kicker talk...i'll come back when the convo gets back to football

way too much kicker talk...i'll come back when the convo gets back to football

fair enough, heres a tweet I thought you may be more interested in

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 3s
I have not seen the dolphins line up with a true FB even once this camp. Maybe I missed it, but I can see why no Vonta Leach.

I think Clay will have a bigger role this season than a lot of people think

Thanks for the update guys!!! Keep em' coming? Omar said on WQAM during the Renshaw show, Matthews had a good day 2 today.

fair enough, heres a tweet I thought you may be more interested in

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 3s
I have not seen the dolphins line up with a true FB even once this camp. Maybe I missed it, but I can see why no Vonta Leach.

I think Clay will have a bigger role this season than a lot of people think

don't get me wrong...kickers important...but it's not important day 2 of training camp...

as for that quote yeah i saw it and it makes sense to me...clays versatility is why i was saying he should be on the roster during the offseason discussions...does sound like there was an egnew sighting today so that's good if you believe in his chances to help us...i think i'm just gonna wait til i get to see some game tape in now 13 days cause i don't know how much i can trust omars dumb ass to call things right to begin with...or any of these other media guys...

Rishard Matthews is the hidden gem on the Miami Dolphins roster.

The kid has the makings of superstardom written all over him.

The world will recognize soon enough... just wait and see.

Would anyone happen to know if Marcus Thigpen is getting snaps outside of the return game? Curious if he'll be sprinkled into the offense a bit more this year.

Back
Top Bottom