Official 2013 Miami Dolphins Training Camp Thread. | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2013 Miami Dolphins Training Camp Thread.

Would anyone happen to know if Marcus Thigpen is getting snaps outside of the return game? Curious if he'll be sprinkled into the offense a bit more this year.

i saw he was getting 2nd team rb work and getting some carries...but i doubt that will carry over to the regular season...i suspect it will be mostly specials and some slot work if we get some injuries...

why he isn't getting work on punt return duties to date is a mystery...must not trust his hands to field the ball cleanly...

Would anyone happen to know if Marcus Thigpen is getting snaps outside of the return game? Curious if he'll be sprinkled into the offense a bit more this year.

Running back for the second and third team today I believe he talks about it in an interview he did today http://wqam.com/interviews

photo gallery

tempDENX9630--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

http://www.miamidolphins.com/media/...mp-Day-2/73cad12b-027f-400b-a2dc-4e984eedfd49

I have only heard limited info regarding Tannehill and the long ball; one completion, one overthrown. Has anyone seen or heard more about his production?

Day 2 notebook

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...er-Notes/b626d4e8-a9bb-4f53-b13d-2d0ff06ef443
After going through perhaps one of the tougher rookie seasons in recent memory, tight end Michael Egnew recommitted himself during the offseason both in the weight room and incorporating other facets into his training regimen.

“I did a lot of MMA and I focused on a lot of ground work for football in terms of blocking and run blocking,” said Egnew, who was a third-round draft pick last year out of Missouri. “Basically, that’s what I did. It was five days a week for me. I learned that you’ve always got to prepare harder and prepare for more than you think it’s going to be because it always is.”
The first day of training camp Egnew spent on the far field working with the younger players, but today he stepped up to the near field and got some work with the top two quarterbacks – Ryan Tannehill and Matt Moore. He definitely stood out with a tough catch in traffic near the end of the session and a few other nice receptions down the seam and on crossing routes, but he credited the quarterbacks for putting the throws right on the mark.
In all likelihood, Philbin will oversee the first practice held in full pads tomorrow morning, which means the fans that show up will be in for a treat. This is when the gloves figuratively come off and players are allowed to get more physical with each other, but they won’t find out for certain until when they arrive in the locker room.

“It’s a lot more physical,” linebacker Koa Misi said. “Drills change and speed changes. You’re still not bringing guys down to the ground but you want to get that first contact and make sure you’re fitting right and you’re in the right gaps. You definitely want to bring it when the pads first start. Everybody wants to show what they have.”

For the second straight day, Philbin parked himself on the far field where the bulk of the rookies and first-year players were practicing. “I know some of the guys on the other field a little better,” he explained. “These other guys, not every single one, but a lot of them I don’t have quite that feel for. So I want to have a sense of what their tempo is, what their attitude is and what their demeanor is when they’re practicing.” … One of those youngsters who stood out to Philbin this morning was rookie tight end Dion Sims, a fourth-round pick out of Michigan State, as he singled him out as someone who had a good day with three or four nice receptions. … Wide receiver Kenny Stafford, who was added to the roster last week after playing in both the Arena Football League with the Pittsburgh Power and in the CFL with the Montreal Alouettes, made a nice juggling catch down the left sideline of a long ball thrown by Pat Devlin

"The U" will shine in camp. OV has a head start, and Miller will do as well or better. As posted before, former Canes have said that they were both "Workout Warriors" and we shall see the results.

per Andrew Abramson @AbramsonPBP Sturgis misses 40yd fg. carpenter nailed all 10, and @ArmandoSalguero Strugis missed a 47 yard field goal. oops.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

although, they might be the same kick, and one of them didn't add the 7 yards.

the ball may have been placed on the 30 and one of the reporters didn't account for the 10 yards of the endzone AND the 7 yard depth from the snap

Dion Jordan has pads and a helmet on. He's doing pre-practice work. I'm thinking he's working today.

Per Omar kelly

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 1m
Dion Jordan is in uniform, with a helmet on today. Will let you know if he sees the field.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 59s
So we can make the assumption that Dion Jordan has come off NFI

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 1m
Tannehill hits a wide open Mike Wallace for what would have been a TD in real life. Should quiet the doubters for a moment at least.

Nice start to pads practice! Hope Jordan is indeed back

Tannehill hits a wide open Mike Wallace for what would have been a TD in real life. Should quiet the doubters for a moment at least.

Andrew abramsom

People like to point out when Egnew is stuck witht he fourth team so...

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 1m
Dustin Keller and Michael Egnew are the two tight ends playing together. Egnew just caught a pass from Tannehill during 11-on-11s.

day 2 with the first team

While Jordan is back, following his day 1 struggles Jamar Taylor is still being kept on the sideslins

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 22s
Mike Wallace just caught a 15-yard come back from Tannehill during 7-on-7. Nolan Carroll on the coverage.

this is what I like to hear!

mar Kelly@OmarKelly2m
Tannehill just threaded the needle to Armon Binns on an out during 7-on-7.

Andrew Abramson@AbramsonPBP1m
Tannehill all over Wallace early here in practice although Wallace did drop an easy one with Grimes on him.

Back
Top Bottom