Official 2013 Miami Dolphins Training Camp Thread. | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2013 Miami Dolphins Training Camp Thread.

You're not worried? Throwing multiple picks at practice is never a good sign. Especially when it's not an isolated incident.

I would prefer he fail in practice than in games, I would prefer he would learn what his arm can and cannot do in practice, I think he is smart enough to realize the difference between practice and game -> I give Ryan that credit he was good with protecting the ball last year I expect it to continue

The defense is definitely getting the better of the offense today, but that is to be expected at the beginning of camp. Especially with all the new pieces on offense. LT, RT, WRs, TEs, RB. This defensive dominance won't last long.

Right now, our defense is stronger than our offense period. Anyone who doesn't believe that is on crack. I expect that to correct itself somewhat over the course of the season, but would still expect our defense to grade out higher than our offense at season's end.

It's great to hear Will Davis having a nice practice today. Even if it's him, and not Jamar yet, it would be phenomenal for one of the rookie CBs to solidify the outside spot opposite Grimes when Dick Marshall moves inside.

i'm not sure what tight roping a sideline has to do with a large catch radius...seems more balance and feet to me...but whatever no skin off my back...

i don't like reading tannehills getting picked off either but i got no way of knowing if the routes run wrong if it's a tip your cap to the defender play or if it's just a bad decision...so until i do not really gonna stress over it much...i sure would like to see what the coverages are etc...

he's facing the one's also...the defense on this team is pretty damn good as last year showed...i expect the o will start to catch up...

the glowing reports on grimes are outstanding...if he's back to falcons pre injury player we hit a home run...

No im not worried about 2 picks on the third day of camp with an O line that is getting shredded by the d line and recievers learning the systems and getting used to contact again. Not worried in the slightest. Show me a QB that doesn't throw ints in training camp and I will call you a lier.

Hey I'm all in on Tannehill, but how long can we make these excuses? Eventually he is going to have to stop throwing interceptions. It's not just a today problem either. It happened earlier this summer in mini camp. I'm not calling him a bust or jumping off the band wagon, just asking for positive progress. Stop throwing multiple picks!

Brian Hartline has a great catching radius. How balls did he catch along the sideline, tight-roping the toes in bounds? Total disagreement with you. He is a great route runner than can bailout a QB with hands and footwork.

He's too short/short armed, and doesn't have the ups or pure athleticism to have a great catch radius. Otherwise he would have caught one or two of those jump balls we've tried to force feed him in the endzone the last few years. That said he is great at using every bit of what athleticism he has to make the catch. If he can get to it, he can catch it. And he's great at getting just open enough on the intermediate routes to give Tany a window to hit. In that sense, he and Tannehill are a great fit.

I would prefer he fail in practice than in games, I would prefer he would learn what his arm can and cannot do in practice, I think he is smart enough to realize the difference between practice and game -> I give Ryan that credit he was good with protecting the ball last year I expect it to continue

How you practice often translates to you game performance. If he cuts down on his picks each day then he's learning from his mistakes and growing. However if he continues to throw multiple picks, it is definitely time for concern.

Hey I'm all in on Tannehill, but how long can we make these excuses? Eventually he is going to have to stop throwing interceptions. It's not just a today problem either. It happened earlier this summer in mini camp. I'm not calling him a bust or jumping off the band wagon, just asking for positive progress. Stop throwing multiple picks!

If he is doing it in the preseason games I will be concerned but at this point in my eyes its a total non issue

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly11m
Will Davis just broke up a Tannehill pass. Two deflections on the day for the rookie. His best practice so far.

Nice to see him step up a little when the pads come on

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly12m
Mike Wallace just caught a nice slant from Tannehill. Chris Clemons gave him dap after the play. SMH

Wallace has seen a lot of short passes today, possibly getting a few of Hartlines reps as he and RT have a great understanding already

How you practice often translates to you game performance. If he cuts down on his picks each day then he's learning from his mistakes and growing. However if he continues to throw multiple picks, it is definitely time for concern.

true but he threw 13 picks in 16 starts last season as a rookie...i would be more worried if i felt like he didn't take care of the ball last year...but it is fuel for the tannehills not the guy crowd i guess if they want to use it...

god could these preseason games get here already...i want to see some damn stuff for myself

Take a pill -> this isn't darts

Brian Hartline has a great catching radius. How balls did he catch along the sideline, tight-roping the toes in bounds? Total disagreement with you. He is a great route runner than can bailout a QB with hands and footwork.

Hartline does not have a great catch radius. How many times last year did he go up and make an amazing catch over the top of a defender or make an amazing one handed grab? Those are the plays that define a player with a great catch radius. Hartline runs precise, quick routes coupled with his decisive speed that allow him to get open. Hartline did have some great toe tap catches along the sideline but it was Tannehill putting the ball in tight windows that allowed Hartline to make a ton of those sideline catches.

yeah the thing that helps hartline get open the most is his route running...he runs very good routes...on timing stuff if you are playing off coverages he's got you especially when tannehills timing on those throws is so damn good...and tannehills timing is really damn good...rarely late with anything...now he may miss some throws down the seam and deep especially but his timing on out breaking and comeback routes and his accuracy outside the numbers on those routes is terrific...

the other thing hartline does really well is he doesn't ever give up on a play...he keeps working to get open...so when it breaks down you know he's working for you as the qb...

yeah the thing that helps hartline get open the most is his route running...he runs very good routes...on timing stuff if you are playing off coverages he's got you especially when tannehills timing on those throws is so damn good...and tannehills timing is really damn good...rarely late with anything...now he may miss some throws down the seam and deep especially but his timing on out breaking and comeback routes and his accuracy outside the numbers on those routes is terrific...

And I expect with more experience at QB and better weapons in Keller and Wallace his timing and placement on those throws will improve.

And I expect with more experience at QB and better weapons in Keller and Wallace his timing and placement on those throws will improve.

i think it comes back to footwork and stepping up and resetting his feet...it needs to be better but i expect it will as he learns to work the pocket and move to where he can set and fire...just part of the growth of a qb...

people need to understand that this is a way more unfinished product than andrew luck etc...there's plenty of meat on the bone still

Take a pill -> this isn't darts

You are reacting as if I'm in the anti-tannehill group. Overreacting, nit picking, and blowing things out of proportion to support an agenda. I'm not. Im just a little concerned that he's still struggling with interceptions from mini camp to now.

Back
Top Bottom