Official 2013 Miami Dolphins Training Camp Thread. | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2013 Miami Dolphins Training Camp Thread.

and i can tell ya another thing...i don't know how much people watched andrew luck last year but he can overthrow people down the seam...the ball seems to float on him at times...so missing some throws is gonna happen...heck he was a what 54 percent passer as a rookie...that's 3% lower than tannehill...it's just elevated for us cause we are used to having so little opportunities to make a play and so when he does miss it stands out more...

i think it comes back to footwork and stepping up and resetting his feet...it needs to be better but i expect it will as he learns to work the pocket and move to where he can set and fire...just part of the growth of a qb...

people need to understand that this is a way more unfinished product than andrew luck etc...there's plenty of meat on the bone still

I agree, and if people (not saying you) would listen to what Tannehill said he worked on the most this offseason, time after time he mentioned his footwork. He knows what he needs to do to get better at those throws and is working on perfecting his craft. I expect the throws over the middle and his deep ball to be a lot more precise this year than they were last year. Will they be perfect no, but there will be a definite improvement.

I agree, and if people (not saying you) would listen to what Tannehill said he worked on the most this offseason, time after time he mentioned his footwork. He knows what he needs to do to get better at those throws and is working on perfecting his craft. I expect the throws over the middle and his deep ball to be a lot more precise this year than they were last year. Will, they be perfect no, but there will be a definite improvement.

well i can tell ya the timing will be right...i know that much...his timing is pretty much spot on...better footwork will make a difference...that and more working of the pocket...i think he jumps to a 60 percent passer this year... will he miss wallace deep some??? sure...so just be ready for it...they won't all drop in as if on a pillow over the shoulder for a run away quick 6

yeah the thing that helps hartline get open the most is his route running...he runs very good routes...on timing stuff if you are playing off coverages he's got you especially when tannehills timing on those throws is so damn good...and tannehills timing is really damn good...rarely late with anything...now he may miss some throws down the seam and deep especially but his timing on out breaking and comeback routes and his accuracy outside the numbers on those routes is terrific...

the other thing hartline does really well is he doesn't ever give up on a play...he keeps working to get open...so when it breaks down you know he's working for you as the qb...

I agree with you that Brian plays hard every play. That we agree on. Never gives up on a play.

well i can tell ya the timing will be right...i know that much...his timing is pretty much spot on...better footwork will make a difference...that and more working of the pocket...i think he jumps to a 60 percent passer this year... will he miss wallace deep some??? sure...so just be ready for it...they won't all drop in as if on a pillow over the shoulder for a run away quick 6

I definitely agree. I think some people are being very unrealistic in thinking that Wallace and Tannehill are going to hook up on every deep throw. Just look at how they are being criticized by some posters and it's only the 3rd day of TC. The thing is, as you mentioned in an earlier post, the Fins are hopefully gonna be a more explosive team so the opportunities they miss on won't be as magnified as they were in the past. It's gonna be a fun ride watching this offense grow/mature over the next 2-3 seasons.

hartline works hard for his qb there's no doubt about that...but he's also the one the most in space on tannehills strong side when he bails the pocket and tannehill has a heavy tendency to almost always roll to his right when things break down...his strong side...so hartlines work to get open shows more and he gets more play broken down opportunities...tannehill knows not to try and throw across his body in full gallop in the pros...those suckers end up in pick 6's...

John Renshaw from WQAM said Vaughn Martin was the star of day 3. He also talked about how well Wheeler, Ellerbe and Gibson played during drills. He expressed concerns about the Offensive Line and was enamored by how Jordan looks; saying he's, "Like a God". I remember Renshaw from back in the day, when he had his radio show, from St Louis, streamed into WFAN in NY for a short time. He's a real big Dolfan!!! He's become my favorite voice on WQAM, he's alot better than Dan Sileo ever was. This guy takes pages of notes from practice much like the posters here on Finheaven. On a side note Gibson and Vaughn Martin were 2 guys Ireland had interest in during the draft process and wasn't able to draft. Looks like they will make consistent contributions come Sunday's. They have shown well over the course of camp early on.

How you practice often translates to you game performance. If he cuts down on his picks each day then he's learning from his mistakes and growing. However if he continues to throw multiple picks, it is definitely time for concern.

Not true. A QB is more likely to take chances and challenge his receivers early on in training camp, so that he can see what they can do in different coverage situations.
This is the time to push the envelope a little.

You are reacting as if I'm in the anti-tannehill group. Overreacting, nit picking, and blowing things out of proportion to support an agenda. I'm not. Im just a little concerned that he's still struggling with interceptions from mini camp to now.

You are not anti Tanney but you are over reacting to the practice (it is a practice) this is not a preseason game -> show faith

John Renshaw from WQAM said Vaughn Martin was the star of day 3. He also talked about how well Wheeler, Ellerbe and Gibson played during drills. He expressed concerns about the Offensive Line and was enamored by how Jordan looks; saying he's, "Like a God". I remember Renshaw from back in the day, when he had his radio show, from St Louis, streamed into WFAN in NY for a short time. He's a real big Dolfan!!! He's become my favorite voice on WQAM, he's alot better than Dan Sileo ever was. This guy takes pages of notes from practice much like the posters here on Finheaven. On a side note Gibson and Vaughn Martin were 2 guys Ireland had interest in during the draft process and wasn't able to draft. Looks like they will make consistent contributions come Sunday's. They have shown well over the course of camp early on.

Totally agree. He knows how to interview players and get info. Great addition.

Was listening to Gibson on the finsiders, smart kid and he seems to be impressing recently.

Some on FH may have taken a dislike to him before his first snap but I think he will be a nice player for us

Back
Top Bottom